Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

This happens in just about every online game that has an economy. The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

This is always going to happen. In order for new items to be interesting, they need to be "better" in some way over previous gear. So, items will always be replaced by new stuff. Always. It's just part of how such games work.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation
    My brain just got a new wrinkle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Bullox, I recommend arena die farming if it's necessary and it seems you are pressured into here. Arena has frequent drops with lepre, dont waste plat on respawning, break and reform pt if you're stuck with 1 boss. 50k-100k drops+ EGP. In 1 day I made 1m there.

Back to the subject.

@Taejo - You were saying you won't return ti PvP until you're ready, but how do you get better and 'ready' to PvP when you can't practice? At least without worrying about your KDR, which whatever you say, some part of you does. I believe only the extremly skilled players would be able to survive a huge clash mythic vs non-mythic+arcane. Those, lets call them pros, pros geared up long before this season started, so there will only be a certain amount of REALLY pro players with mythic gear, those players goes around destroying everything in PvP so none of the new players will have an earthly chance to try out PvP.

Long story short, pros went geared and it's harder to compete with them, unless you're geared up yourself, that's partly the reason why it's hard to compete with mythic+arcane users. And partly because they're lucky nubs with crit.

Imo there really isn't a lot if pro players left tho, there's a few and when they come out they destroy everything. I'm talking about rouges tho, there's a lot undergeared used to be pro mages in the game like Gormeort and Gwendex... Etc....etc... Same with warrs....

Btw Bullox, I'll give you my word mythics works like a drug. You go into the state if being high. You kill everyone in PvP you feel so good, the drug wears off and you feel you have everything you wanted, you have nothing more to accomplish, flags are too boring... No other achievements... Zzz you blackout.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I really miss the time, when the most players wear nearly the same equip.....that was really pvp and a good competition!

Where is the point to fight vs. Players which have about 20% more damage 20% more HP more armor etc.

Maybe 5% would be good to handle and with skill you have a Chance to win, but as it is now, you can forget it......

...... watch the pvp arenas, most of the time, there are always the same few players and sometimes you get no game, i think the Equip difference is the cause of it.....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    @Taejo - You were saying you won't return ti PvP until you're ready, but how do you get better and 'ready' to PvP when you can't practice? At least without worrying about your KDR, which whatever you say, some part of you does.
    For starters, I think worrying about KDR is pathetic (you'd know this if you're familiar with my past postings on the issue). My KDRs are nothing to brag about on any of my toons. Moving on.. sure, practice makes perfect, but why are you making it sound like you must practice for several weeks/months in order to become any good at PvP? Some people are just natural born talents for this kind of thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm not However, in my mind, the "pros" are just as beatable as anyone else in the game - they only had a head start on gear but they're still prone to having faults. Every MMO with Mudflation (as Samhayne calls it), has a revolving door that lets people in and out of PvP constantly. Anyone can walk through the revolving door at any time and become the next "pro" PvPer. They will not necessarily 'be destroyed by the existing"pros'.

Yes, we all need practice to get better before we achieve peak performance. Thank you for highlighting my subtle point to Bullox: skill > gear. In the end, this is a mobile game, and it's not rocket science as to figuring out what works and what doesn't work in PvP. Like you said, the bread winners with top gear are sometimes just 'lucky nubs with crit'. It happens in every other MMO, and it will continue to happen here.

So, back to my point...

Bullox, gear yourself until you're satisfied and then go practice some PvP. It's all trial-and-error when it comes down to it - skills, gear, tactics - they all change based on circumstance. Again, skill > gear. I hope you become the next "pro"
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-26-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@Sam
    I realize that the New items have to be better than the old ones but why have the difference between Mythics and Legendaries so huge?

Is it not enough, to give mythic weapons about 10 more dmg than the best Legendary Counterpart?

The same with all other Mythics..... I think a small boost to the best Legendaries would be really enough, so a player with full mythic equip still have a big boost, but a good player with best legendaries is not complete chanceless.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bullox For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    @Sam
    I realize that the New items have to be better than the old ones but why have the difference between Mythics and Legendaries so huge?

Is it not enough, to give mythic weapons about 10 more dmg than the best Legendary Counterpart?

The same with all other Mythics..... I think a small boost to the best Legendaries would be really enough, so a player with full mythic equip still have a big boost, but a good player with best legendaries is not complete chanceless.
    Because if there was only 1 point of stat difference between a Mythic and the best Legendary, the Mythics wouldn't have any value. The difference has to be at least something to make it worthwhile.

Sorry matey, if you want to compete, you'll need to gear up. If not, then know that and play CTF and don't get into 1v1s.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Sry Taejo, i cant agree with you.....

Skill>Gear does not exist anymore...

and btw. I'm not New in this game/pvp, i have a few thousand kills in pvp with my Rogue/Sorc and my Warrior.... my KDR is positive at all my Chars

If it still were Skill > Gear, i would not Start this Diskussion....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    Sry Taejo, i cant agree with you.....

Skill>Gear does not exist anymore...

and btw. I'm not New in this game/pvp, i have a few thousand kills in pvp with my Rogue/Sorc and my Warrior.... my KDR is positive at all my Chars

If it still were Skill > Gear, i would not Start this Diskussion....
    Understood, and to each his own opinion. There wouldn't be a PvP sub-forum if the facts were so cut-and-dry. Best of luck to you this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Understood, and to each his own opinion. There wouldn't be a PvP sub-forum if the facts were so cut-and-dry. Best of luck to you this season
    Ty and the same to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    For starters, I think worrying about KDR is pathetic (you'd know this if you're familiar with my past postings on the issue). My KDRs are nothing to brag about on any of my toons. Moving on.. sure, practice makes perfect, but why are you making it sound like you must practice for several weeks/months in order to become any good at PvP? Some people are just natural born talents for this kind of thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm not However, in my mind, the "pros" are just as beatable as anyone else in the game - they only had a head start on gear but they're still prone to having faults. Every MMO with Mudflation (as Samhayne calls it), has a revolving door that lets people in and out of PvP constantly. Anyone can walk through the revolving door at any time and become the next "pro" PvPer. They will not necessarily 'be destroyed by the existing"pros'.

Yes, we all need practice to get better before we achieve peak performance. Thank you for highlighting my subtle point to Bullox: skill > gear. In the end, this is a mobile game, and it's not rocket science as to figuring out what works and what doesn't work in PvP. Like you said, the bread winners with top gear are sometimes just 'lucky nubs with crit'. It happens in every other MMO, and it will continue to happen here.

So, back to my point...

Bullox, gear yourself until you're satisfied and then go practice some PvP. It's all trial-and-error when it comes down to it - skills, gear, tactics - they all change based on circumstance. Again, skill > gear. I hope you become the next "pro"
    I'm thinking if you enter a match with a bunch if pros just killing you how are you gonna learn of that

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Ctf is fairly simple IMO - for 5v5 brawls. Don't try to 1v1 if you got bad gear

Mythic gear is the 2nd best for a reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The reason some of us work so hard to get good gear is exactly for this reason, so we can do well in PvP. If you were to have a separate room for mythic/arcane, then who exactly would want to go in that room? Instead I would just save my gold and buy the best legendary items and play in that room. No reason to spend 10 times as much and be at the same level of competition.

PvE is how you build your character, and then PvP is where you go once you have built up your character. Not the other way around. Work for better gear, then once you have upgraded to good gear, go play PvP. If you are not willing to work hard enough to get the good gear, yet you still want to do PvP, perhaps a good suggestion is to play at a lower twink level. Then you can get the best gear fairly cheap, and can play in PvP without having to worry about better gear coming out and ruining it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Skill > Gear does exist.
    Hand 100 people the same gear and the same skill setup.
    I'm sure a few individuals out of those 100 people will stand out more than others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:1281339
    Skill > Gear does exist.
    Hand 100 people the same gear and the same skill setup.
    I'm sure a few individuals out of those 100 people will stand out more than others.
    5 unskilled players with full mythics/arcanes vs. 5 skilled players with legendaries.....

What do you think who will win?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I do completely understand Bullox' problem. There is no chance, even with a lot of xp, to compete with mythics in pvp.

But.

Mythics are far easier to get than a lot people think. I have mythic armor, helmet, and gun right now and after the mage-class was bumped up a bit with the last major update (thank you STS) I am able to compete in pvp.

None of my mythic gear is from crates. I opened a lot of them (around 300) but I never got any thing of value.

I bought everything. There is one big disadvantage to that: you will never be a early user of new mythic, because those items are at the beginning unbelievable expensive.

How did I get the money for the mythics?

I farm. Crates. Everytime I get Luck elix from klaas or shaz I farm. I bought lepre. Then I wait until something new comes out in those crates and then I sell when the price goes up. Usually it doesnt go up more than double, but towards the end of those time-framed releases (like the mythic weapons weekends) the price goes up some more. Last weekend crates went up to 30k. This is the time to sell. Also, when there is such a weekend I go farm with bought luck elixier. The last mythic weekend I spent around 100 platin and farmed crates all the time. The reward for my efforts: 2,5 million in about 10 hours of farming and selling the crates over the weekend. Use a quick pet and lepre and optimize your run so you can run jarl and hideout about 25 times in half an hour. I average 4 crates per luck run. Plus all those ribbits. Geez. I could open up a french restaurant with all those frogs. lol.

Secondly. There are certain time frames when mythic is cheap. This may be when something new comes out, like the new mythic staff for mages, guns went down price-wise. They are still top notch for pvp tho. Thats when I bought mine. Or at the end of long boring periods where nothing happens. Thats when mythic is also a lot cheaper. To know in advance when a new event is coming up or what upgrade plans there are, go to sts-website and become an insider, check this insider thread on a daily basis. Knowledge is money.

So. It comes down to this: if you out of luck, like me, buy your stuff. Find ways to make money (there are a lot), and know when to buy.

In the meantime follow noisykillars (soundlesskill) advice and go arena. I will be with you, buddy. Because I need money for that damn ruby shuyal ring lol. I need the hp. Still dying way to quick in pvp.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-27-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelling, clarification

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Because if there was only 1 point of stat difference between a Mythic and the best Legendary, the Mythics wouldn't have any value. The difference has to be at least something to make it worthwhile.

Sorry matey, if you want to compete, you'll need to gear up. If not, then know that and play CTF and don't get into 1v1s.
    I must politely disagree, Sam. If you look at the price differences in top-of-the-pops legendaries and the next best legendary thing, they are immense. People will pay crazy amounts of gold just to be that 20 hp or 5 dmg higher than the next-best thing. People pay hundreds of thousands more, just for these little differences. They are willing to do this, because they want to have THE BEST. It has a lot to do with prestige. For the same reason mages staff are selling, though only better at dps and not dmg (even worse at that point compared to guns). Because people think (wrong) that dps matters and that stat has become the "prestige"-point in showing off. The staff itself is rationally inferiour to the gun: no auto-aim, less dmg. And all of your active skills suffer those dmg-loss too. Dps is only king if you use hardly use anything else. Wich nobody really does. As a mage u constantly shoot of your active skills, and they make the most damage. Not the weapon.
    So it is irrational that staffs have those high prices. And still: people buy them. For prestige.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    I must politely disagree, Sam. If you look at the price differences in top-of-the-pops legendaries and the next best legendary thing, they are immense. People will pay crazy amounts of gold just to be that 20 hp or 5 dmg higher than the next-best thing. People pay hundreds of thousands more, just for these little differences. They are willing to do this, because they want to have THE BEST. It has a lot to do with prestige. For the same reason mages staff are selling, though only better at dps and not dmg (even worse at that point compared to guns). Because people think (wrong) that dps matters and that stat has become the "prestige"-point in showing off. The staff itself is rationally inferiour to the gun: no auto-aim, less dmg. And all of your active skills suffer those dmg-loss too. Dps is only king if you use hardly use anything else. Wich nobody really does. As a mage u constantly shoot of your active skills, and they make the most damage. Not the weapon.
    So it is irrational that staffs have those high prices. And still: people buy them. For prestige.
    Staff has higher damage than gun, bud. Also, it's vastly better than a gun.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Staff has higher damage than gun, bud. Also, it's vastly better than a gun.
    I'm talking legendary staffs here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

The disparity between gears is bigger this season.skills alone not enough so thus having a unique build with we at 36cap.hence unlike in season 3 where mhyts so rare,its now a common commodity.

To keep up with the changing one has to keep up.to say mhytic and arcane ruins i would say yes and no.it has now moving into gear dependanr to boost ability.refusal to upgrade means we are competing in not at par matches.mhytic and arcane are no longer exclusively rare,the number of gears floating in the market at a value where more can afford it is changing the game.so entering a pvp room under equipped playinf againt those who has buffed their gears would lead to a certain ending.

I disagree if the pinks choose not to keep up.yes not all of us are lucky or rich to keep opening crates.some are not even plat spenders.bt i also believe by setting a firm goal and haul ur arse towards it can make you from none to at least owning 1 gears.nothing is ever enough but we have to accept the fact the game has shifted towards owning better gears.im nt sure if i still see a full pink who owns but none since this season.if rhere is they compete in very niche match which doesnt entail the overall gaming experience.

Im not sure about drawing a clear line of separating competition betwen pink and myth users.it might make the gap even huge by having a new segment.

Entering a match against myth users and being negative about losing to a myth gear users is contradicting.you are hoping for a rare win against a better gear players and ranting the defeat is caused by it.first of all its never the right room to compete.

My suggestion is to find ways to earn your gears so you can be at par and join the competition.be positive theres always a way if you really put the effort.this exclude scam ofc.
    semi-retired