Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

In my Opinion, the difference between Mythic/Arcane equipped Players and non Mythic Players is a big Number to high!

At the beginning with only Mythic Helmet all was fine...a lot of Players do PvP and have a chance vs. Players with Mythic Helmet....

Now, non Mythic Players are only fast-food..... and that also ruins the economy, because......

Who is willing to pay a lot of Gold for Expensive, hard farmed Elite Equip, if he know the cheap (crate) equip for pve is enough to do elites....

....and for pvp it doesnt matter if you wear cheap or expensive Legendary Equip, because whithout Mythics/Arcanes hes only fastfood....

..and thats the cause, so less players do pvp at time....

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bullox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

100% agree!

AL IGN:Hnakkur
    ~Even more prouder than eskimöse offi~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Theres a thread on suggestion sectiong, suggesting to have a separate room for legendary gear users from Mythic/arcane users.
    -This was a good idea. Having a room of choice for Legendary users to enjoy pvp, figthing with other legendary users.

And Mythic/arcanes didnt actualy ruin pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yeah, it's not longer skill based, it's mythic/arcane based. I'd pvp again if they made it more skill based.....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Then you can create twinks for pvp. Problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    Then you can create twinks for pvp. Problem solved
    This isn't the sulotion.
    1. Endgame pvp and twink pvp is not the same skills required, like the mana might be a problem for a endgamer going twink.
    2. Ewwww twinks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Honestly, I don't have a single mythic and I don't mind PvP - I find it fun in fact. But if you MUST earn them mythics before playing the game how its meant to be played, i.e. ENJOYING it you should deck yourself out in elite pinks, and farm your arse off. Merch when you get offers and inch your way up.

Or...just learn to play your class good and become pro at pvp even without mythics! Several players in AL have achieved that - look at noisykillar who just posted above, who was beast before she even got her mythics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero:1279637
    Theres a thread on suggestion sectiong, suggesting to have a separate room for legendary gear users from Mythic/arcane users.
    -This was a good idea. Having a room of choice for Legendary users to enjoy pvp, figthing with other legendary users.

let me guess....you have some Mythics......

If i run PvP with my Rogue vs. a Mythic/Arcane Warrior.... i shoot all my 1,6k mana vs. Him and he dont die.....
    Vs. a Mythic Sorc.....i die during Stunlock.....

If i do PvP with my Warrior(same as my Rogue only Legendary Equip).....vs. a Mythic Rogue i get 2or 3 shottet..... vs. Mythic/Maul Warri = chanceless....

I'm sure, im not the only Player, whithout Mythics which see this Problems...... and I say there is nothing ok with PvP with sooo huge Equip differences....

If im right, at the beginning of the Mythic Time, the devs said, Mythics are the Reward for hard working Players, but they dont give a so big Advantage, that Legendary equipped Players are chanceless!!!!

What's left of it???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have no mythics at all and i do fine! Wanna know my secrete? TWINKING!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I'm both in agreement and not in agreement -

From my experience, it seems rogues are affected the most by not having mythic gear, then followed by mages, and then followed by warriors. I pvp at end game with my warrior with only level 30 legendary gear and a devour maul - and I do just fine, a lot of it comes down to skill choices and timing.

With my rogue at end game I do find that gear will often win the day in large ctf clashes, in death match it's a bit easier. There is really almost nothing you can do in large clashes when the other team is like 2-3 mauls and 3 samaels - you just get stunned forever and it's 'good game'.

With mages and warriors you can develop a build that makes up for your differences in gear, with rogues I find that is less than the case. There are always tactics to take out an 'x enemy' in each instance, the old rogue method of just spamming skills to death doesn't work anymore - you have to be a bit smarter and conservative in your skill usage and that is something I have a +1 for.

I won't disagree that the equipment disparity has become large, but it's also the beginning of the season. Just wait till the end of the season when everyone complains about mythic gear not being special anymore because everyone has it.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Honestly, I don't have a single mythic and I don't mind PvP - I find it fun in fact. But if you MUST earn them mythics before playing the game how its meant to be played, i.e. ENJOYING it you should deck yourself out in elite pinks, and farm your arse off. Merch when you get offers and inch your way up.

Or...just learn to play your class good and become pro at pvp even without mythics! Several players in AL have achieved that - look at noisykillar who just posted above, who was beast before she even got her mythics.
    Alhuntra = best non mythic mage in PvP, true story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

......and whats with New Players??

Lets say New Player X level up to lvl 36 and wants to do some decent PvP or Elites....

....hmm X needs Equip....maybe he buy 500 Plat and get 500.000k Gold for it, for $49.99!!!!!
    At this time 500k is not much for endgame Equip.....
    Now X starts to do some PvP with bis equip for $ 49.99!!!!
    What do you think, how long have X fun with his expensive but worthless Equip???????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Or player x can earn his gold through merching or farming which is FREE.
    What with people these days and the notion of "Mythics/Arcanes only available to craters"

Wrong wrong wrong

& this is a f2p/p2p mixed game so don't expect everyone to have equal status b/c those who pay deserve to have an automatic advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

@ jexx

every class is put at a disadvantaged in full pinks.

wars drop dead in 1-2 combos and lose their ability to "tank"
    mages can't get any kills with their low skill damage and gets insta deaths frequently
    rogues imo are bit better off than the other 2 classes b/c they can still hit pretty high even without full mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Please dont understand me wrong......i still love this Game and i know how to skill and play my characters....
    And yep i still earn some kills

But its not the same fun.... its not funny, playing vs. unbeatable or oneshottting Players...

I think the Equip differences are out of control....

There is absolut no exciting competition left.....
    Last edited by Bullox; 09-26-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Mythics now are cheaper than ever...

Honestly, it's pretty easy to run Shuyal Arena every day and save up for the mythics because the only mythic that I would consider out of reach for most is the mythic daggers.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    Please dont understand me wrong......i still love this Game and i know how to skill and play my characters....
    And yep i still earn some kills

But its not the same fun.... its not funny, playing vs. unbeatable or oneshottting Players...

I think the Equip differences are out of control....

There is absolut no exciting competition left.....
    I agree, it takes a lot of time and effort to accumulate top gear in this game. That is why so many people on the forum are disheartened when the elitists say "just go farm your gear, it's not hard". I am guilty of saying this, too, but it does have truth to it. Take my sorcerer for example - he is in upgraded mythic and uses the "old", L31 gun. His jewelry is legendary stuff from Shuyal, not mythic. He has no arcane pets. I actually do fairly well in PvP, although I will say this season just got a lot tougher with the new mythic weapons. What's the solution? Stay away from PvP until I know I'm ready to survive in it. I think its important for everyone to realize that this is how 99% of MMORPG PvP is set up. It's very gear-dependent, but skills/game play can often times offset this depending on who you battle with. I used to "prove" this back when I played World of Warcraft on a PvP server, going around around killing people with a L1 dagger on my rogue (hurray OP rogues! ). I don't think AL is much different fundamentally from the next MMORPG in terms of PvP, except for the fact that CTF and TDM has several issues that will just never go away (which we, the players created).

I hate to say it, but just wait until you're ready for PvP in terms of gear - like I am. Yes, upgraded mythic armor/helm are better than your best version of Architect. Luckily for you, mythic armor/helms are at an all-time low, and will most likely continue to be cheap as the season passes. Just keep upgrading your gear as best you can. I find myself having to this every season, because it takes me a long time to accrue gold to buy my gear (I usually end up with mythic weapons towards the end of the season).
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-26-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox:1279859
    Quote Originally Posted by Cero:1279637

let me guess....you have some Mythics......

If i run PvP with my Rogue vs. a Mythic/Arcane Warrior.... i shoot all my 1,6k mana vs. Him and he dont die.....
    Vs. a Mythic Sorc.....i die during Stunlock.....

If i do PvP with my Warrior(same as my Rogue only Legendary Equip).....vs. a Mythic Rogue i get 2or 3 shottet..... vs. Mythic/Maul Warri = chanceless....

I'm sure, im not the only Player, whithout Mythics which see this Problems...... and I say there is nothing ok with PvP with sooo huge Equip differences....

If im right, at the beginning of the Mythic Time, the devs said, Mythics are the Reward for hard working Players, but they dont give a so big Advantage, that Legendary equipped Players are chanceless!!!!

What's left of it???
    my mage is full myhic,yes
    my warrior just have upgraded helm
    epic rings and pendants
    archetic plate of grace.
    arc weapon/dev maul

As what jex rogues has the most defeat.
    A warrior with juggernaut cant survive and tank the dmg and for a sorc who use Curse can kill mostly rogues/sorc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

So you're telling me after earning some gear, we shouldn't be able to use it to pvp?

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep agreed