Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Check out this rogue gkrdo.either hes the first or 2nd to onade he has the most negative kdr in pvp ive known.
    I knew him since season 3 where he cant even kill.constantly bought the wrong gears.dont ustand a thing about build and gameplay.but what remains ws his high spirit of never giving up.to date he already owned 2 mhytic gears tho it took him forever.he still cocky and challenged others for the sake of improvement.
    He still not good at tweaking his skills but those who admire his determination lend a hand.

This guy earn my huge respect for keep trying (tho losing) but if you notice hes getting better and better tho slower pace.he put himself in the game tho might not be at the par of others.he obviously got nothing to brag but never stop fighting.

My points:
    1.people do care bout their kdr.its their lb.its their achievement.its what makes this game addictive and highly competitive.the strong insight of showing you are better than others is what fueling this game.
    2.hard work is the essence to an excellent and respectable player.yes some are born rich but not all are born gifted.skills is essential bt no longer the only pod between good or bad.the game is the same.the scenario has changed.thts all.
    3.we all have things to showcase to others hence why we haul tht aps.no one cn view your personal ap unless stated in lb.refusal to compete is maybe bcause of lack of confidence or preference to fall to comfort zone trying to create a different perspective on thinfs from general view.u wont play if ppl arent saying u r good oru feel u still got to kick a notch.you choose not to compete by sayinf having nothinf to brag can also showcase where you wanna be in this game.ntg wrong but it may not be the general census of others.people wanna be seen or heard or even feared by others.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I am gkrdo too! He's my friend and we both have disadvantages but we keep trying. Thats the spirit!

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

That's why I got that terrible kdr and I'm not PvPing anymore...
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

An off record pvp so nobody cares if he die.. Just play nd fyt with fun.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Gkrdo? Dude with the full mythics? :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

theres no such thing as "SKILLED or Pro" on this game if so... that would be in closest player whos near at the server.. in short whos near at the server with low ping. but on the other end of the world. its all about ks and high end gear. too many fixing to be fix about pvp like the skill that wont go off but the cool down went on.. really its just sux.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityX View Post
    theres no such thing as "SKILLED or Pro" on this game if so... that would be in closest player whos near at the server.. in short whos near at the server with low ping. but on the other end of the world. its all about ks and high end gear. too many fixing to be fix about pvp like the skill that wont go off but the cool down went on.. really its just sux.
    There's definitely skill, which is why players like Love and Pred can consistently win.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

how bout you pvp at low levels, then feel unstoppable, get greedy go pvp at 31-36, get completely owned and then go back to pvp at lvl 2-16!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gameplay For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameplay View Post
    how bout you pvp at low levels, then feel unstoppable, get greedy go pvp at 31-36, get completely owned and then go back to pvp at lvl 2-16!
    Gameplay! When did you return to the AL forums? Hehe... Welcome back
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Gameplay! When did you return to the AL forums? Hehe... Welcome back
    ive been around just not in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexterityX View Post
    Theres still skills involve.in pvp it aint similar to the hack and slash like in pve.

Build matter.prone dmg and someone who mix it around has a clear difference.
    Gears matter.pink and mhytic or arcane do not sit equally side by side.
    Then skill takes place when you got all the above.buffing pet too early,spamming skills,attack too early or late,stance and position all takes effect in that short battebspan.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So stupid mythic / arcane users earned their items, you can work for them too. It is very skilled based still, and all about timing, maybe practice more and earn some items before complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Energizeric
    The reason some of us work so hard to get good gear is exactly for this reason, so we can do well in PvP. If you were to have a separate room for mythic/arcane, then who exactly would want to go in that room?
    I'm guessing the other pro players with top gear who are looking for duels with equals. Surely you don't suggest that pro players really avoid that kind of pvp. That implies that what make them pro are wins against inferior geared players. I don't believe that.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vjerevica For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vjerevica View Post
    @Energizeric

I'm guessing the other pro players with top gear who are looking for duels with equals. Surely you don't suggest that pro players really avoid that kind of pvp. That implies that what make them pro are wins against inferior geared players. I don't believe that.
    Geared out players don't really have more than a handful of players which usually live in different timezones.

The truth is, there is never going to be a balance in terms of gear. There never is in any MMOs. Therefore, either you deal with it or you work towards that gear yourself. PvP is typically not for the casual gamer, as in PvP, you're expected to show off everything in your arsenal. If you're just a rogue, warrior, or sorcerer, in elite pinks... well, it's going to show. Tough luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Geared out players don't really have more than a handful of players which usually live in different timezones.

The truth is, there is never going to be a balance in terms of gear. There never is in any MMOs. Therefore, either you deal with it or you work towards that gear yourself. PvP is typically not for the casual gamer, as in PvP, you're expected to show off everything in your arsenal. If you're just a rogue, warrior, or sorcerer, in elite pinks... well, it's going to show. Tough luck!
    This is huge understatement. You make it sound like myth players are rare birds. It is not so.

Let’s make it extreme. Why we need level filtering then? Let’s make one general PvP without boundaries at all? If your lvl 26 six warrior ends up against lvl 36 - well, tough luck. Deal with it or you work towards that gear/level yourself. Why do we need skill balancing in PvP? Let every class use skills like in Pve. Give mages stun from frost, remove stun immunity period, . . . , I'm sure they will be very happy.

The point is if other aspects of pvp needed balancing in more than a few iterations - why gear balancing is so unacceptable?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Vjerevica For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This is huge understatement. You make it sound like myth players are rare birds. It is not so.

Let’s make it extreme. Why we need level filtering then? Let’s make one general PvP without boundaries at all? If your lvl 26 six warrior ends up against lvl 36 - well, tough luck. Deal with it or you work towards that gear/level yourself. Why do we need skill balancing in PvP? Let every class use skills like in Pve. Give mages stun from frost, remove stun immunity period, . . . , I'm sure they will be very happy.

The point is if other aspects of pvp needed balancing in more than a few iterations - why gear balancing is so unacceptable?
    Full mythic/arcane players? Yeah, they kinda are. They represent the top 1% of the group. Others, having 1-2 mythics, it is definitely possible to beat them using elite gear.

The truth is, this never will be changed. You're going to have to stop complaining and deal with it. I'm not wasting my time arguing about this anymore. Infact, the amount of time that you're wasting arguing, you could've used to earn a few 100k in the game.

Gear balancing is unacceptable as it hurts STG's revenue. What is the point of opening crates if all gear is balanced.

I don't know why we're going to keep discussing a matter that has already been said will not happen. I certainly don't like wasting my time, what about you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Apollo
    I know it will never be changed. I'm not that naive. I'm just pointing that things are never black or white. In fact they are always grey.

I don't see it as argue. It is debate. It is common method to push opponent’s arguments to extreme and strip them naked so other impartial participants can see things more clearly.

Sadly, in your answer you didn’t offer any thoughts about core question, if other aspects of pvp needed balancing why is it unacceptable for gear?

No need to get angry and offended with different opinions. In fact, I can say that I am not the only one that feels pvp misbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Apollo
    I know it will never be changed. I'm not that naive. I'm just pointing that things are never black or white. In fact they are always grey.

I don't see it as argue. It is debate. It is common method to push opponent’s arguments to extreme and strip them naked so other impartial participants can see things more clearly.

Sadly, in your answer you didn’t offer any thoughts about core question, if other aspects of pvp needed balancing why is it unacceptable for gear?

No need to get angry and offended with different opinions. In fact, I can say that I am not the only one that feels pvp misbalance.
    I did answer why it is unacceptable for gear to be balanced. It would hurt STG's revenue. As of right now, obtaining gear from locked crates to have the privileges of these advantages is how they thrive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Arcanes and mythic don't ruin PVP really.
    Fun doesn't always = killing/winning. Many casual players have a blast just being able to play with everyone else.

HOWEVER, the pixel hugging, ego boosting, bad mouthing, spot blocking, name calling, & ganging truely ruins the overall PVP experience and discourages these casual players from returning.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 10-12-2013 at 04:56 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

anyone would like to 1-1 me? aside from love :P LOL!
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 10-13-2013 at 04:06 AM.