Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

This happens in just about every online game that has an economy. The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

This is always going to happen. In order for new items to be interesting, they need to be "better" in some way over previous gear. So, items will always be replaced by new stuff. Always. It's just part of how such games work.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Ewwwww.. that Muddy economics. . XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Yeah, it's not longer skill based, it's mythic/arcane based. I'd pvp again if they made it more skill based.....

Super agree its all about how u are rich now not how skilled u are which is lame if u ask me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    This isn't the sulotion.
    1. Endgame pvp and twink pvp is not the same skills required, like the mana might be a problem for a endgamer going twink.
    2. Ewwww twinks!
    Yep twinks are disgusting lol i mean u make a twink with full good gears and some have arcane and myth pets and some say to theres kills wkwkwk lol really now u farm poor players and u call them weak?? i mean come on they are poor no wonder there weak, and twinks boast of almost of there kills thats why twinks ewwww... like u said lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

It's quite easy to blame the gear when it's rather a combination of both. Let's face it, it is not just the gear otherwise every player that upgraded to mythics suddenly would become pros.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    I have no mythics at all and i do fine! Wanna know my secrete? TWINKING!!!
    ewww twink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    Please dont understand me wrong......i still love this Game and i know how to skill and play my characters....
    And yep i still earn some kills

But its not the same fun.... its not funny, playing vs. unbeatable or oneshottting Players...

I think the Equip differences are out of control....

There is absolut no exciting competition left.....

YEp starting to get lame and boring not competitive anymore, its how u are rich now not skill anymore which is pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Theres a thread on suggestion sectiong, suggesting to have a separate room for legendary gear users from Mythic/arcane users.
    -This was a good idea. Having a room of choice for Legendary users to enjoy pvp, figthing with other legendary users.

And Mythic/arcanes didnt actualy ruin pvp.
    Cero runs pvp with legendary.. tuma (rogue) i knew he ran pvp before without havin full myth - at the time when he was only borrowing (this season)
    the game isnt about 1v1 .. this is a team player.. and even if ur just wearing legendary gear.. with a good team ull survive and be just fine..
    but obvs.. 1v1 legendary gear vs full mythic - no match..

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    Cero runs pvp with legendary.. tuma (rogue) i knew he ran pvp before without havin full myth - at the time when he was only borrowing (this season)
    the game isnt about 1v1 .. this is a team player.. and even if ur just wearing legendary gear.. with a good team ull survive and be just fine..
    but obvs.. 1v1 legendary gear vs full mythic - no match..
    I'm tired of posting the same response over and over, so I'll just quote Ink because he's absolutely correct. This upcoming tournament may very well prove this, too. Let's see how the mythic/legendary teams do against the heavy mythic/arcane teams
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I'm tired of posting the same response over and over, so I'll just quote Ink because he's absolutely correct. This upcoming tournament may very well prove this, too. Let's see how the mythic/legendary teams do against the heavy mythic/arcane teams
    The fact that arcanes were limited in the PvP tournament is proof that gear > skill. If you truly believe that you can survive and be just fine with just legendary gear then you shouldn't have limited arcane weapons and pets. Also the most heated threads in this forum are about boosting & nerfing stuff. And these all relate back to PvP. No one in PvE doing timed runs is crying that some weapon got boosted/nerfed. I don't understand how you can expect people to compete against those who have an arcane weapon, arcane pet, full mythic vs someone else who has legendary gear & pet. I don't really care because I have an arcane weapon and arcane pet. The only real balance I see is among the best gear (arcane/full mythic).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The fact that arcanes were limited in the PvP tournament is proof that gear > skill. If you truly believe that you can survive and be just fine with just legendary gear then you shouldn't have limited arcane weapons and pets. Also the most heated threads in this forum are about boosting & nerfing stuff. And these all relate back to PvP. No one in PvE doing timed runs is crying that some weapon got boosted/nerfed. I don't understand how you can expect people to compete against those who have an arcane weapon, arcane pet, full mythic vs someone else who has legendary gear & pet. I don't really care because I have an arcane weapon and arcane pet. The only real balance I see is among the best gear (arcane/full mythic).
    I see your point, and yes we limited arcanes so that no one could create a powerhouse team. We also made this rule so that those who are firm believers in the arcane > all theory wouldn't be discouraged from joining the tournament. The gear > skill claim is extremely circumstantial in CTF, and in a team strategy match you cannot generalize something like that. Strategy and teamwork can easily overpower any arcane weapon. The fact is we could argue in circles about this all day long. Until the day where someone sets up a 5v5 CTF match with red wearing legendary stuff and blue wearing mythic/arcane, we will never know for sure. All I know, is I've played some great PvP matches in AL where legendary players were wiping the floor with the big, bad arcane wielders.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-23-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This is an MMORPG, not TEKKEN, STREET FIGHTER, or whatever versus game where you believe skill is the only thing that matters. Would you still strive for best gears if it means jack squat? I'll just buy a vanity then and look sexy killin' stuff. Oh yeah!
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    This is an MMORPG, not TEKKEN, STREET FIGHTER, or whatever versus game where you believe skill is the only thing that matters. Would you still strive for best gears if it means jack squat? I'll just buy a vanity then and look sexy killin' stuff. Oh yeah!
    Oh, its an MMORPG? I guess that's why my up, up, right + B combo isn't working.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Oh, its an MMORPG? I guess that's why my up, up, right + B combo isn't working.
    I know right! I just button mash square though, with my hot long blonde hair equipped on Steve. Awesome? I say yes!
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ive seen plenty of warriors that have samael and maul or glaive and suck.

Likewise Ive seen some with great potential but bad equipment.

Then there are those who are just average but their sam-maul/glaive closes the gqp and makes them seem great.

This is an mmo point is to always have best eq possible and lvl up be it for pvp or pve. If you want to hang at end game its expected you will try to get best gear.

If you wanna keep people with good eq separate from those with bad eq in pvp well do the same in pve then. Whats good for the duck is good for the goose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Furthermore you can twink which is cheaper and some instances easier and STILL have a shot atthe leaderboard with the end gamers (who have to survive the full mythic people and the four warrior temas with 2 mauls and plenty of Samaels) which is ridiculous on itself, but thats a topic for another thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Take mhytic as the new pink league.that isnt so hard.last season pvp were dominated by pinks still mainly.mhytics seemed arcane at least before the first half of season 4.being full mhytic now seems to equip high end pinks.nothing special tbh.

Owning arcane is the new mhytic for season.tho the margin buffs may not be exactly at similar scale between pinks and the high end gears,but it is the running league in pvp now.

Pink seems to reflect epic,which i havent really seen any running around this season.or i might missed it but i can be sure its very little.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

It was fun before when there was only mythic helms around. There was only arcane hooks which was OK because it was intended for competitive pve runs. Not much of arcane pet around. Everyone relies on elite gears and PvP with skills and/or strategy on top of gears. Not gonna say I was great at pvp because let's face it there's always someone better than yourself but point is everyone has equal(or almost) chance of killing other players. So people spend time doing PvP. I quit PvP when new mythics came around. Sad to say but this game is slowly switching to p2p. Still a free game but c'mon if u don't use plat, you're way behind the competition. So solution I guess is to have a separate PvP for mythic/arcane players from elite legendary equipped ones. I think that will bring back fun in pvp. And will perhaps improve the economy.

PS: I still love this game.
    Last edited by afrobug; 10-24-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to afrobug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Separate PvP Rooms is the wrong way...

It's good to make Mythics/Arcanes to be Top Gear for 2/3 Seasons, but it's the wrong way to give these items such a big difference to the Legendaries.... these items should only have a small Advantage in the current Season and get a buff in the next season....

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

the statement we can also put into the pve szenario too. as always its just a question if you are myth your imba... otherwise... no way to be "one of the best"

AL IGN:Hnakkur
    ~Even more prouder than eskimöse offi~