Thread: Pves should count when hunting dumbluck aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Default Pves should count when hunting dumbluck aps

Just a thought...it would be nice if the maps that we have to hunt such (and i mean this in the nicest possible way) dumbluck, no skill, time-wasting and utterly senselessly frustrating aps would also count towards our pve totals. I mean, if we have to take time to farm to make the gold to buy our pots, gear and feed our pets then why can't these mana-sucking efforts to hunt such elusive and rare aps count towards something positive and add to our stats while we all go totally insane running around these old maps? Not all maps, mind u, but just in all the maps we must waste pots, gold and time in for our achievements. In the long run, aren't all the little minions, skeletons, and whatnots all considered enemies if we have to shoot them and kill them in the process of a hunt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

EDIT:

I don't quite understand the map scaling this season. Kraken is capped at L30, and yet the maps where Bael/Krunch can potentially spawn are scaled up to have blue con mobs at L36 (which isn't a bad thing for those who want to farm them). Grog beach, where First Mate Ripper spawns, however does not scale up. I don't know about SS, but last I checked it was also grey con mobs. Then there's Nordr, which I thought all maps were supposed to scale up to L35 (that's what Shuyal expansion patch notes says). Halls of Valheim is full of grey con mobs, whereas the other maps (again, where Bael/Krunch spawns) are blue con at L36. So I am very confused as to why some maps are scaling up and others are not, especially when they should have.

P.S. Silver Warchest IIs are missing in action
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-27-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Don't you only get kills in a campaign 5 levels after that campaign cap? 30 + 5 = kill ends after 35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Don't you only get kills in a campaign 5 levels after that campaign cap? 30 + 5 = kill ends after 35
    Was editing my post while you were making yours.

Good question - I honestly can't remember now thanks to Bael/Krunch making the older maps scale up. However, I'm pretty sure Kraken still had blue con mobs for a L31, before Bael/Krunch's induction in Season 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I did say 'not all maps'...tho, everytime that I run an old map hunting for one of these rare bosses i always check my pve count and just am finding myself sorely disappointed these 'elite bosses' all seem to be rumored to spawn (and eventually do tho rarity or luck in this spawning is yet to be determined imo) in such maps with no pve count. Eh, i don't know for disappointment seems to comes easily these days in the game.