Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pirate Rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Pirate Rings

I know the idea was that level 31 mythic items would be at least equal to or better than level 36 legendary items of the same type, but I thought it was assumed they would surely be better than epic items. Are they serious that rings have stats like 8 dmg? Previously the highest ring or amulet had around 4. So now double to damage from a ring?

Now the damage alone I don't have a problem with. I actually like the idea of items in the game that force you to make tough decisions. However, the decision is not tough with these. I think it's cool to have these super high damage rings, but then make the base stats much lower. If you can gain 30-40 damage from a ring, then the tradeoff should be that you loose 300-400 health/mana.

Also, shouldn't these rings be legendary and not epic? You got people yelling to NOT wear the leprechaun pendant or else you may re-roll your pirate ring into a locked crate. Nobody is going to be buying luck elixirs for these bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Yes, I ran over these items today in auction house. Epic rings for 4 million gold?!? WTF?!?

I mean, I am happy that epic items got bumped up a bit, but this?

There is even a epic ring called Ruby Band of Brutality lvl 36 that comes very close to the Ruby Band of Shuyal, other than HP, mind you. No legendary beats this ring. I'm talking from a mages point of view..

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think it's cool to have these super high damage rings, but then make the base stats much lower. If you can gain 30-40 damage from a ring, then the tradeoff should be that you loose 300-400 health/mana.
    I don't know about all the rings, but it seems like what you're asking for is actually the case. Although, the trade-off could be modified to be a bit more especially for an epic ring.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...98#post1281598

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yeah..purple is the new orange. I like it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Lol it was bad enough current mythic daggers destroyed hooks, but now epic rings broke mythic and legendary rings or archon? What's going on STS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I don't know about all the rings, but it seems like what you're asking for is actually the case. Although, the trade-off could be modified to be a bit more especially for an epic ring.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...98#post1281598
    Actually the tradeoff is more than I thought it was. But I would still like to see it be a little more extreme. Either that, or make these rings legendary and lower the drop rates accordingly.

Really I think it's probably too late to change the stats. There are people who probably already paid millions for these rings and they will rage if the stats are changed. I think the best solution is to make these legendary and lower the drop rates. Otherwise these are going to cause all rings to become pretty worthless.

STG better act quick on this or else it will be too late.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-27-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually the tradeoff is more than I thought it was. But I would still like to see it be a little more extreme. Either that, or make these rings legendary and lower the drop rates accordingly.

Really I think it's probably too late to change the stats. There are people who probably already paid millions for these rings and they will rage if the stats are changed. I think the best solution is to make these legendary and lower the drop rates. Otherwise these are going to cause all rings to become pretty worthless.

STG better act quick on this or else it will be too late.
    Oops... its Friday

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i don't know what happen with sts theys don't wanna ''buff'' the old mytic and theys put a new ''epic'' item and its better than mytic ring (for war its very good)
    now i think sts its going to create another ''epic'' or ''legendary'' or MAYBE a new ''mytic'' pendant and replase the actually pendants mytic..

so whats happen sts its going down the game its totally destroyed??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Really everyone complained that epic stuff was useless. They make them useful and people complain. Some people can never be satisfied. The mythic stuff is getting outdated so they had to come up with new stuff to replace.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Bye bye archons. I think its ridiculous a spawn in normal kraken drops better rings than "the special archon rings" released with the shuyal expansion dropped in elite shuyal.... Just another reason for people not to run elites.. some folks I used to run elites with now do nothing but km3 hunting these rings because its better money? I myself haven't tried searching for them thusfar, but who knows...

Really..?? Bad itemization ftl..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think its a bug!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Weird for the market? yeah, but i like it

btw, prepare for new mythic amulets and rings that will put pirate loop to shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

I always sayd it, never underestimate the power of a blue ring XD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aziiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bug bug bug.......!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Though I own one of these epic rings... I think this is BS!! Mythic items are supposed to be the best items in the game. Now they are getting beaten up by... EPIC RINGS? Violet item? seriously?? IF STS wants to keep these rings, they better release an update for the mythic ring and amulet upgrade. The value of mythic items is starting to depreciate. If they will not nerf these epic rings, i dont think the plat spenders like me would want to buy plats to open up crates to obtain mythic accessories, instead ill just hunt down the bosses that drop these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Really everyone complained that epic stuff was useless. They make them useful and people complain. Some people can never be satisfied. The mythic stuff is getting outdated so they had to come up with new stuff to replace.
    Actually epic rings and amulets were the only epics that were actually useful. Lots of folks were using them even at end game. What we needed was some epic armors, helms and weapons that were useful, but obviously they should not be better than legendary.

I think the problem in this game is that there is too many legendary items. When you have 8 different level 35 armors that you can wear, why would anyone want something worse than all 8 of those. In PL there was typically 1 or 2 legendary sets for each expansion, and then if you couldn't afford those you wore the epic items. There was no mythic or arcane. It seems in AL mythic has become what legendary use to be, so legendary is basically what epic used to be, and epic is junk. Except for these pirate rings.

What's going to happen is since these are epic rarity, they will drop like rain and in a month's time they will be worth 5k each at most. Then all other rings will become worthless as well. Do that with enough gear and there is no longer any incentive to farm or even play the game as you can have the best items after playing for an hour.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vertuldo View Post
    Though I own one of these epic rings... I think this is BS!! Mythic items are supposed to be the best items in the game. Now they are getting beaten up by... EPIC RINGS? Violet item? seriously?? IF STS wants to keep these rings, they better release an update for the mythic ring and amulet upgrade. The value of mythic items is starting to depreciate. If they will not nerf these epic rings, i dont think the plat spenders like me would want to buy plats to open up crates to obtain mythic accessories, instead ill just hunt down the bosses that drop these.
    Now while I agree with you, your reasoning is just more complaining and whining. Mythic items are meant to be better than legendary items at their level, and equal to legendary items at the next cap. So a level 31 mythic ring should be just as good as a level 36 legendary. That is the way they designed it, and that's what they have said all along. These pirate rings are not actually "better" than the mythic ring, but I'd say they are just different, but equal. They should clearly be legendary items and not epic.

Mythic/Legendary/Epic refers to the rarity of the item, not how good it is. But the problem is if you have items that are common that put out the best stats, then items that are more rare aren't going to be desired by anyone as there will be no advantage to having them. So then everything becomes worthless. Because of this, the key to a healthy economy is that the better items should be the most rare. Since these are the highest damage rings, I think they should be legendary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Now while I agree with you, your reasoning is just more complaining and whining. Mythic items are meant to be better than legendary items at their level, and equal to legendary items at the next cap. So a level 31 mythic ring should be just as good as a level 36 legendary. That is the way they designed it, and that's what they have said all along. These pirate rings are not actually "better" than the mythic ring, but I'd say they are just different, but equal. They should clearly be legendary items and not epic.

Mythic/Legendary/Epic refers to the rarity of the item, not how good it is. But the problem is if you have items that are common that put out the best stats, then items that are more rare aren't going to be desired by anyone as there will be no advantage to having them. So then everything becomes worthless. Because of this, the key to a healthy economy is that the better items should be the most rare. Since these are the highest damage rings, I think they should be legendary.

I get your point. Shouldnt STS be looking into this now? I really hate the idea of the mythic accessories looking nerfed because of these epic rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Yea.. epic rarity starts to be better than myth? RIDICULOUS!!

I don't know about Your thoughts, but i want nerf of that rings and/ or making them at least legendary rarity, with myth rings upgrade.

I d k that was made with some points.. cuz dev made announcment about 'slightly improving epics'... But.. LOL.. Easy..

I think a nerf and upgrade is definitley needed here.
    Last edited by Deadroth; 09-28-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I hope for some feedback about this from STS/G soon.

I honestly can't understand what the reasoning behing an OP epic (!) ring would be.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!