Thread: Sorcerer Build for Newbie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Exclamation Sorcerer Build for Newbie

Hello all! I am new to Arcane Legends but am not new to Spacetime Studios. I used to play Pocket Legends daily, but found Arcane legends to be more interesting with its pet system and ability to charge attacks for maximum damage output. In Pocket Legends I was quite the Mage fanatic so decided to build a sorcerer here. I started on a rogue to gather gear and am currently level 10 but getting ready to delete her to build my sorcerer when I realized I can't transfer my Haze dragon over to my sorcerer I spent a lot of platinum to get him under the impression that I could transfer him and when I found out otherwise I was quite disappointed. So I am going to sell my rogue gear, delete her after stashing my items and gold and start my sorcerer and try to get another 90 platinum from free offers to get my Haze back

I have a question. What is a good PvE build for a sorcerer here on Arcane Legends? I am unsure how many skill points I will have at the end of my build as I am unsure about the max level here on Arcane Legends. I am thinking however that I will try to do something like this: Max Fireball, Max Frost, Max Heal, Max Mage Armor and put whatever I got left into Lightning and if any left toss the rest into Time and Gale. What would you guys do for a good PvE build? I like to solo and I like the challenge of pure intelligence builds so that is the route I will be taking after I gather the platinum to get my Haze dragon back.

So my main question is, what is a good PvE build for a sorcerer that's new to the game that will be able to solo SOME areas if not most, and be able to UB3R-PWN bosses and mobs in mass aoes, LOL!

Thanks for any information you can provide to help in my quest to build an UB3R-PWN1NG sorcerer with the dragon pet :P

Thanks!
    - Milli Vanilli

Character(s):
    Archsmurf: Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hello and welcome to AL!

Well, as a mage for PvE you'll be a beast, but, don't try PvP for now.. just sayin'

So yeah, for PvE, I'd reccommend Fireball, Frost Bolt, Time Shift and Arcane Shield. I'm using that build and it works amazing for leveling. I solo all the maps for leveling.
    So let me explain:

1) Fireball: It's mostly used to stun lots of the target. It's damage is decent but not the best. But, its DoT is great!
    2) Frost Bolt: It's your second skill that does more damage than fireball, can freeze mobs (freeze works like stun), has a DoT and can freeze multiple targets.
    3) Time Shift: Imo, it's one of the best sorcerer's PvE skills. Badass CC (crowd control), great damage and a nice DoT.
    4) Arcane Shield: One of your survivability skills, reduces lots of damage and it's great if you're in trouble.

Now, what to upgrade..
    Imo, you can get level 20 in a day, maybe two. (I leveled it to 22 in 2 days)
    So,
    Fireball: Ignite, Impact. For lower levels it's a must. Later, you can full upgrade it, or only Engulf if you want. I use Ignite and Impact only.
    Frost Bolt: Jagged Ice, Shiver. Imo, no need for more. You need DoT and longer DoT/CC duration only.
    Time Shift: Countdown of Pain, Freeze Time. For lower levels it's a must. Later, like Fireball, you can upgrade Time Bomb for more damage. I use Countdown of Pain and Freeze time only.
    Arcane Shield: Extended Shield, Static Resonance. Those two are a must, later you can upgrade Hardened Shielding but imo, it's more a PvP skill than a PvE.

Upgrades I've not mentioned are not neccessary imo, you'd better spend skill points on passives.

You can also use Lifegiver(heal) for PvE if you wanna be more support but since everyone has pots and can use them in PvE, and if you gonna solo like I did, then Shield is much better than Heal. Anyways, for heal, if you wanna get it over Shield, upgrade Empower only. It isnt so important though but yeah, it's up to you. If you're good enough and you learn how to play the class, you will be using mana potions only in PvE!
    You can use Lightning or Gale Force too instead of something but for me, those four skills work like a charm for me. It's up to you what you wanna use, but that above works great.

Passives:
    First, you should upgrade skills, and then, you should go for passives.
    First of all, you should go for Knowledge and MAX it. It boosts your mana and your skill damage, so it's a must.
    Second, if you gonna use Shield like I do, you should upgrade Might and MAX it. It gives you HP, but also makes your shield absorbs more damage.
    Later, you can go for anything you want. I suggest going for Damage and Critical Shot, since we haven't any crit chance, or very low crit chance. Crit will help your DoTs and it would work awesome.

For base stats, just max INT. I dont have to say anything more. Just max INT.

Skill rotation:
    The skill rotation I use is:
    Charge Fireball (to stun a group of mobs) -> tap/charge Frost Bolt (its up to you tap or charge) -> get a big group of mobs, run in a circle for just a second so you gather them all in one place, charge your Time Shift (for DoT, root) -> run out of the Time Shift, start dpsing and watch your enemies dying. Now it's all up to you. Personally, I charge Fireball, charge Frost, tap/charge normal attack and repeat. Also, if you don't have good gear, you should use Arcane Shield before luring the monsters so you can lure more monsters without taking lots of damage. Or use it in panic, works always!

That works for me amazing. You can try it and thank me later
    People have different opinions but this is confirmed, it WORKS!
    And again, don't PvP, just dont. It's hard. Guess you understand me.

I hope I helped you and that this is what you were looking for.
    Cheers and enjoy the game!
    Last edited by chorba69; 09-30-2013 at 09:40 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chorba69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Check out Gaieje's old thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...el-Skill-Guide

Even though in that guide the cap is level 31, its pretty much one of the most used, well known, cookie cutter PvE builds out there. I base my build on that which is amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Here is what I have planned after reading through a few builds and taking the advice given in those builds, let me know what you think. I have a question on this but will post it after the build, but anyways, here it is:

Level 01: NONE
    Level 02: Unlock Fireball
    Level 03: Unlock Arcane Shield
    Level 04: Unlock Fireball; Impact
    Level 05: Unlock Frost Bolt
    Level 06: Unlock Arcane Shield; Extended Shield
    Level 07: Unlock Frost Bolt; Ice Wielder
    Level 08: Unlock Fireball; Engulf
    Level 09: Unlock Fireball; Ignite
    Level 10: Unlock Arcane Shield; Static Resonance
    Level 11: Unlock Arcane Shield; Hardened Shielding
    Level 12: Unlock Frost Bolt; Jagged Ice
    Level 13: Unlock Frost Bolt; Shiver
    Level 14: Unlock Time Shift
    Level 15: Unlock Time Shift; Freeze Time
    Level 16: Unlock Time Shift; Countdown of Pain
    Level 17: Unlock Passive Skill; Knowledge 1
    Level 18: Unlock Passive Skill; Knowledge 2
    Level 19: Unlock Passive Skill; Knowledge 3
    Level 20: Unlock Passive Skill; Knowledge 4
    Level 21: Unlock Passive Skill; Knowledge 5
    Level 22: Unlock Passive Skill; Damage 1
    Level 23: Unlock Passive Skill; Damage 2
    Level 24: Unlock Passive Skill; Damage 3
    Level 25: Unlock Passive Skill; Damage 4
    Level 26: Unlock Passive Skill; Damage 5
    Level 27: Unlock Passive Skill; Might 1
    Level 28: Unlock Passive Skill; Might 2
    Level 29: Unlock Passive Skill; Might 3
    Level 30: Unlock Passive Skill; Might 4
    Level 31: Unlock Passive Skill; Might 5
    Level 32: Unlock Time Shift; Dodge and Death
    Level 33: Unlock Frost Bolt; Arctic Shatter
    Level 34: Unlock Time Shift; Time Bomb
    Level 35: Either Fireball; Scorch OR Lifegiver
    Level 36: Either Arcane Shield; Displace OR Lifegiver; Empower

So my question is, should I take Lifegiver and Lifegiver; Empower for my last two skills or finish maxing out fireball and arcane shield? I was thinking the fireball and arcane shield but need someone with experience to help me choose my last two!

Thanks!
    Milli Vanilli

Character(s):
    Archsmurf: Sorcerer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MilliVanilli For This Useful Post:

cux

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

fireball, fireball stun, frost, frost stun duration, time shift, time shift root, fireball dot, ice dot, time shift dot, shield, shield longer duration, shield longer reduction then passives.
    I suggest you to upgrade Lifegiver if you want and Empower upgrade. Maybe on 35-36 your party will need heal+mana heal so yeah. then u can run fire frost time heal. its up to you but yeah till 36 you'll learn the class

New Member VALORZETA_The Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Talking

Hi! Welcome to Arcane Legends!

I hope this help

Btw u can use the heal build if u want to be a little cheap since ur just lvling to the max but i reccomend the 1st build because we are dmg dealers and not mana nurse for rogues and wars, dont mind them if they are spamming u to give them mana... we have pots just tell them to use it.

About the weapons, we have 2 type of weapon the guns and the staffs. Guns gives you more dmg while the staffs give u more dps, usually i use staffs in lve since u can attack three mobs, while in gun just 1, but the higher the dmg the higher ur skill damaged. I recommend using gun for boss and staffs for mobs, for pvp use guns.

For the gems, only use gems that adds int, or wisdom gems which adds str and int.

I recommend charging all of ur skills, if u charged fireball, does more dmg, bigger aoe. For clock, does more dmg, root mobs..... just charged skills ok

Lastly, unlocked all skills and their upgrades first before unlocking passives.

Below is the build
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodhabbit View Post
    Put all stat points on int
    Skills
    4/5 fire no scorch
    4/5 shield no displacement waves
    4/5 clock no time bomb
    4/5 thunder no shock
    4/5 ice no artic shatter

Passive
    5/5 int, dex, str, crit

PS: Heal is really not necessary for mages, this skill is usually used in pvp. This is not recommeneded in pve, but if you wanted to be a little cheap since your still lvling to the max lvl (41), you may use it.

Here's a build i think with heal for pve
    4/5 fire no scorch
    2/5 heal (mana heal)
    4/5 shield (no displacement waves)
    4/5 clock (no time bomb)
    2/5 ice (only shiver)
    3/5 thunder (no stun, no chance to do aoe dmg
    1 extra point decide if you put it in ice or heal (increased range)
    Passive:
    5/5 int,dex,crit, str
    Last edited by Goodhabbit; 12-13-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    After 3 years of playing AL I'm still a beggar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've been playing a few weeks and currently a lvl 33. All of the above is excellent, however in my experiences, running solo most of the time: heal is very handy (I tried going without it and found it impossible without constantly using pots), lightning is more useful than frost in putting away tough targets, pets and rifles bought at auction provide the most bang for the buck, being part of an active guild is probably very helpful, since the mage works best with a warrior, though I haven't found one that fits me. Also most of the beanies offered by the game are pretty worthless, e.g. elixers,. You need a few core ingredients like Colton, a good weapon and a good party. The rest is noise.

Remember I am a newbie running solo so your experiences may be quite different from mine. I respeced once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I find that applying 2 strenght points and the rest to intelligent is very useful for mage as it gives arcane shield even further boost and also increases my hp as well. I also recommend putting glacial gems (wisom gem if you want) on weapon and armor if you feel like your not doing enough damage.