Thread: Does getting Juggernaut and Vengefulblood Effective for elite tanking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Does getting Juggernaut and Vengefulblood Effective for elite tanking?

is it effective in tanking getting and using both jugg and vb? .

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

In elite I suggest no venge jug is very useful however

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Like Aze said, I wouldn't recommend VB for an elite tanking build. There are several reasons behind this, but to put it simply: your primary duty isn't to deal damage in elites, and you can just spam pots for HP/Mana replenishment. These points could be allocated into more useful skills at your discretion. I've always used Juggernaut for elites, contrary to what many warriors will say about it. It is especially useful in Shuyal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Depends. My default answer is: don't use venge in elite.

However, I use venge in elite. Lol. I also use jugg though (jugg is a must have. Don't try elite shuyal without jugg). I use venge because I don't need an additional attack to hold aggro, stun, or buff. I have high enough armor and HP that I am simply trying to clear maps faster (hence I use venge).

Here is my skill map for tanking elite (I have 5 skills speced: heal, jugg, venge, windmill.

Heal and windmill (used properly) will hold all of a parties aggro (or at least most of it, all is a generalization). Therefore the +50str, +25% damage, and +25% crit is amazing for damage output. I get a little warm and fuzzy every time I crit windmill massive damage to a ton of mobs all at once.

Note my gear: upgraded myth helm and armor, fortified glaive, amulet of doom, night ripple, and a hammerjaw (I.e. I am not the average gear set). I would strongly suggest you test builds and make your own decisions. Respecs cost 5plat a hit but are well worth perfecting your build.

Recap: your build should reflect your gear, and is a matter of opinion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Oh i see well actually right now i just respec all over again and get these skills ( Chest Splitter, Juggernaut, ,Vengeful and Horn) .
    My purpose in getting chest splitter is that for canceling the attacks of a mob or a boss and for taunting im using jugg and horn . vengeful for adding stats and more health and for damage. .

for now i was just thinking replacing my chest splitter to windmill since windmill has a long cooldown and slightly low damage output than chest splitter. hmmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tobirama_senju82 View Post
    Oh i see well actually right now i just respec all over again and get these skills ( Chest Splitter, Juggernaut, ,Vengeful and Horn) .
    My purpose in getting chest splitter is that for canceling the attacks of a mob or a boss and for taunting im using jugg and horn . vengeful for adding stats and more health and for damage. .

for now i was just thinking replacing my chest splitter to windmill since windmill has a long cooldown and slightly low damage output than chest splitter. hmmmm
    The problem with Staggering Blow (in Chest Splitter skill chain) is that it doesn't work with probably 80% of the bosses in the game. It also doesn't work against normal mobs like Shadowmancers or the giant guards in Shuyal. I don't know if this is intentional or if its a bug, but it's what we're left with. For end-game instances, it works fine against Bloodhammer in Southern Seas, Mother in Arena... can't think of any others off the top of my head. That's my point - it's a very inconsistent additive to the skill upgrade, and either needs to be fixed or modified to not be worthless. However, all that aside, CS is your quickest-refreshing taunt ability of them all, and most importantly can enfeeble bosses upon every use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    The problem with Staggering Blow (in Chest Splitter skill chain) is that it doesn't work with probably 80% of the bosses in the game. It also doesn't work against normal mobs like Shadowmancers or the giant guards in Shuyal. I don't know if this is intentional or if its a bug, but it's what we're left with. For end-game instances, it works fine against Bloodhammer in Southern Seas, Mother in Arena... can't think of any others off the top of my head. That's my point - it's a very inconsistent additive to the skill upgrade, and either needs to be fixed or modified to not be worthless. However, all that aside, CS is your quickest-refreshing taunt ability of them all, and most importantly can enfeeble bosses upon every use.
    well you kinda right cs not working in other bosses. anyway how about replacing vengeful blood by rally cry since rally cry has a damage reduction? and it buffs allies also right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tobirama_senju82 View Post

Windmill deals MUCH more damage. It hits more targets and each cast hits multiple times (its a damage over time attack) and the taunt is the highest of any tank skill.

For dealing damage to mobs windmill is king (check out alrisaia's guide to "the blender").

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

personally i cant live without cs. it has shortest cooldown for taunt. yeah it doesnt work on most of the bosses still it also reduce crit chance from mobs and boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Its prefrence. My typical party for hard core elite farming I try to bring 2 (pro. very pro if cheeses) mages; therefore, I don't need feeble to survive. Whole party runs 2-3 deaths max and are a result of purple goo 90% of the time.

We often go deathless as a matter of fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

with 2 pve mages tank job reduce to 80%
    u just need to save aoe taunt when mobs isnt snared, knocked or freezed
    for boss its different