Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild improvements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default Guild improvements

Dear Everyone,

I hope this post helps to provide some ideas for guilds in an attempt to help make guilds a bit more special than they already are. Guild functionality is a bit limited and feel that such improvements could foster a more healthy, and happy guild.

1)New Rank
    This rank should be above officers. This rank should have all the functions and capability a Master would have excluding disbanding the guild.
    Note: This rank would help aleviate the tensions caused when Masters and players play at vastly different Time Zones which is a common occurance in this game.

2)Guild Message of the Day and Guild Message Board
    A) MOTD - This function should be allowed to Officers and all ranks above. Inputting this message would appear in the guild chat upon first logging on, as well as when one of the aformentioned ranks posts a new MotD (Message of the Day)
    Note: This is a great way to leave constant reminders to guildies who login from different Time Zones or "miss the memo" - Masters can leave message to officers, who in turn can leave a much needed MotD on his/her behalf
    B) Guild Message Board - This would be a fully functional message board whereby players in the guild can leave/delete messages . Sort of like an IN-GAME forum.

3)Guild Hall Upgrades
    a)The War Room would be reserved for Officers and above.
    Note: Some may dispute this and say that /o is an adequate resolution. I disagree. I feel a more interpersonal exchange creates a stronger connection between staff members and even more value to whatever message is being communicated at the time. My Guild and I meet frequently for guild meetings. My officers and I have "pre-meetings" and sometimes having that private room would just be an asset.
    b)Training Room would be open to all members
    Note: K/D ratio would not be affected in any way. This room is rather only to help devise strategy and train without being torn apart by vet players. This would be a great way to keep people interested in PvP and help mentally and statistically prepare for the real thing. Plus, it would help to get some of that stress out, without sacrificing the -oh so- valuable K/D ratio. Good for anyone.
    c) New Guild Halls - perhaps matching the themes of passed and future expansions should now be included.

4)MAILBOXES
    This one is kind of a no brainer (IMHO). We have mailboxes spotted all across the world. Why can't we use them for what they are intended for. Mail.
    Note: I should be able to send gifts, or even just reminders to any given guild member. (Heck, anyone for that matter!) This would be a great way to bridge the gap between players who are in different time zones. When working in conjuction with the aformentioned MotD, communication will be a lot stronger.

5)Guild activity reports
    This report should include:
    -How many members are currently online, without using the clunky in-game command
    -Date and time, name and level of any given member when joining, leaving, booting, promotions and demotions (and by who - if a new rank is included)
    -Date and time of the last time an individual logged in on any given character.
    Note: Record of this nature help to keep certain unwanted members out of the guild, and in conjuction with MotD would be a valuable resource to ensure that we keep the right members. This also helps us to gauge what we can do differently based on the statistics of each of the aformentioned. It will help identify qualities, needs and trends that can be studied which will inevitably help foster a stronger guild in the long run. This type of resource would also help up weed out the most inactive of players.

6) Waypoint to Guild Hall or "Join" option
    Well, I can teleport into the wilderness, deep dark dungeons, or demon infested castles, but I can't teleport home? Heh - sorry for the note of sarcasm, but I think it's only fair that if we have a waypoint to the wildes, in all fairness we should have a waypoint back to the Guild hall too.

7) Guild Leaderboard
    So that we can better evaluate some of our prestiged members and better assess reward and recognition programs from within the guild.
    Guild Leaderboard can include Key Performance Indicators (Or KPI's) like PvE Kills, PvP kills, AP as well as even things like how many pets may have or what have you.

Well, these are just some of my thoughts. I felt that this would be a good start, and are likely the best tools and GM straight down to members could benefit from. Also, I feel this would help just make guilds something a bit more special.

Please leave your thoughts or comments below. and STG, if you are reading this, I sincerely hope that these functions can be added to the game. I'm sure every player (not just GM's) will benefit from the above suggestions.

All the best, and see you IG!
    Last edited by Oedid; 02-24-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: New Addition

2. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Oedid For This Useful Post: