Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild improvements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I like all of the ideas. If you cannot do it all please implement at least half of them.
    BUMP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

To add to this thread I'd like to see somenthing else added to guilds.

I have a phenomenal idea which would incorporate factions and guild vs guild pvp. Late one night, my Officers and I began discussing a sort of event that would make for a new twist to pvp and make things A LOT more interesting.

I call it: WAR

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate
    Neutral (would be exempt from the conflict and would see no adverse effects)

Each guild would be given the opportunity to join a faction (or nation) of their chosing. Neutrality can be opted, but later changed to a faction (or Nation) ONCE PER GUILD CAREER

OBJECT:
    The object of this would be to conquer a capital by fighting in a new PVP "castle zone" for each city, one day - per week

HOW IT WORKS:
    During the day of WAR, Each faction will have a new found pvp zone representing the Castle of each city. This Castle Zone can be immediately joined to start a conflict

A queue would start up, much like any PVP zone.

Each guild will be sent a notification of an open conflict and a new pvp zone will appear in the world map menu.
    Once the zone is joined a corresponding Faction banner would be applied to the player for the duration of the conflict, and ONLY for the conflict.

A War scenario could only happen once per week and several battles could be fought throughout that day.

PVP points would be tallied from the results of all the battles fought, whether that be twink pvp or end game pvp. (Thus giving everyone the opportunity to join and attack or defend any given capital during that day)

Neutral guilds could not join this conflict unless they chose a faction.

THE REWARD:
    Winners would now "own" the land for one week. and the winning factions flags would be setup throughout the conquered city for that duration of a week

A small discount would be given to winners throughout the regular vendors of the city. (and I mean small) as a representation of winning factions new found authority
    A small increase in price would be incurred to all pricing to a losing faction like potions (and I mean small) as a representation of the losing teams fielty being given to the new conquerers.

Neutral guilds would remain unaffected by this small change.

Should a certain faction reach a goal of "X" consecutive wins throughout the weeks, all guilds in that faction can be awareded a Banner representing thier faction, and there consistent victory. (Only one type of faction banner can be given to any character, so chose your faction with your toon wisely)

After the week passes, everything resets and a new WAR begins.

Comments, suggestions and tweaks requested

PS: for a serious flare of drama you could always allow a guild to freely chose factions. Or maybe once per week or something. - but watch how the world would become a mass effect of alliances being made and breaking. - actually I think I'd rly lilke that. hmm....
    Last edited by Oedid; 11-05-2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: re-written for more clarity ... I hope

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oedid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oedid View Post

I have a phenomenal idea which would incorporate factions and guild vs guild pvp. Late one night, my Officers and I began discussing a sort of event that would make for a new twist to pvp and make things A LOT more interesting.

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate

Each guild would be given the opportunity to join a faction of thier chosing upon creation. Neutralily can be opted, but later changed to a faction of their chosing (ONCE PER GUILD CAREER)

OBJECT:
    The object of this would be to conquer a capital by including a new PVP castle zone for each city to attack or defend.

HOW IT WORKS:
    During the day of WAR, Each faction will have a new found pvp zone representing the Castle of each city, which can be immediately joined to start the conflict

Each member of thier respective Faction will be given a notification and an invite would pop up in the world map menu in the pvp zones. Thus opening the conflict. A corresponding Faction banner would be applied to the player for the duration of the conflict, and ONLY for the conflict.

An ongoing war could only happen once per week for the whole day.

PVP points would be tallied from the results of all the games played (Whether that be twink pvp or end game pvp) Thus giving everyone the opportunity to join and attack or defend any given capital.

THE REWARD:
    Winners would now "own" the land for one week. and the winning factions flags would be setup throughout the conquered city for that duration.

A small discount would be given to winners throughout the regular vendors of the city. (and I mean small) as a representation of winning factions new found authority
    A small increase in price would be incurred to all pricing to a losing faction like potions (and I mean small) as a representation of the losing teams fielty being given to the new conquerers.

Should a certain faction reach a goal of "X" consecutive wins throughout the weeks, they can win a Banner representing thier faction. (Only one type of faction banner can be given to any character, so chose your faction with your toon wisely)

After the week passes, everything can reset and the conflict can start anew.

This is single handily the GREATEST idea I have ever seen suggested +19372937284729472963927

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

We could make it more interesting and allow guilds to change factions. Talk about a super drama fest tho -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

not even 1 word from dev team or moderator. They make this suggestion and feedback section but not replying to it. At least, say it no or yes or under consideration or "we put this idea in our list" with the reason for each your answer. your client here feeling happy for your answer, we appreciate it.
    Last edited by izPrada; 11-05-2013 at 07:37 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to izPrada For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izPrada View Post
    not even 1 word from dev team or moderator. They make this suggestion and feedback section but not replying to it. At least, say it no or yes or under consideration or "we put this idea in our list" with the reason for each your answer. your client here feeling happy for your answer, we appreciate it.
    - Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oedid View Post
    We could make it more interesting and allow guilds to change factions. Talk about a super drama fest tho -.-
    Make it so that if a player or guild changes factions, they cannot compete in the War for say a week(?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oedid

FACTIONS ARE:
    Arlorian
    Nordian
    Kelysian
    Pirate

Each guild would be given the opportunity to join a faction (or nation) of their chosing. Neutrality can be opted, but later changed to a faction (or Nation) ONCE PER GUILD CAREER

OBJECT:
    The object of this would be to conquer a capital by fighting in a new PVP "castle zone" for each city, one day - per week

HOW IT WORKS:
    During the day of WAR, Each faction will have a new found pvp zone representing the Castle of each city. This Castle Zone can be immediately joined to start a conflict

Each guild will be sent a notification of an open conflict and a new pvp zone will appear in the world map menu.
    Once the zone is joined a corresponding Faction banner would be applied to the player for the duration of the conflict, and ONLY for the conflict.

A War scenario could only happen once per week and several battles could be fought throughout that day.

PVP points would be tallied from the results of all the battles fought, whether that be twink pvp or end game pvp. (Thus giving everyone the opportunity to join and attack or defend any given capital during that day)

Neutral guilds could not join this conflict unless they chose a faction.

THE REWARD:
    Winners would now "own" the land for one week. and the winning factions flags would be setup throughout the conquered city for that duration of a week

Should a certain faction reach a goal of "X" consecutive wins throughout the weeks, all guilds in that faction can be awareded a Banner representing thier faction, and there consistent victory. (Only one type of faction banner can be given to any character, so chose your faction with your toon wisely)

After the week passes, everything resets and a new WAR begins.

PS: for a serious flare of drama you could always allow a guild to freely chose factions. Or maybe once per week or something. - but watch how the world would become a mass effect of alliances being made and breaking. - actually I think I'd rly lilke that. hmm....
    Seems...complicated...

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    This is single handily the GREATEST idea I have ever seen suggested +19372937284729472963927
    I totally agree with Der. seems like an amazing idea and you got to think that a lot of beginning players are getting bored with al more and more.everyday. so this would be a good way of getting the flare back with those day 1 players.

great thread Oedid amazing ideas

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abaskiiaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Seems...complicated...
    Everything is complicated XP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i like this ideas especially point 3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abakebale For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Epic idea i love this plz devs implement this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

"bump" is to raise the thread to the top?
    if so...

-Thebestg (lvl 36) Recruiter of Darksiders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

*Bump*

-Thebestg (lvl 36) Recruiter of Darksiders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Any comments from Sam? Or delph? We would really like to know if you guys are currently working on these ideas or not

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Agreed. Hence the bump. I'm trying to popularize this thread in order to gain attention. I'd love any sort of comment from devs on these ideas tbh. I've even been linking this thread to relevant posts by other players. *SUPPORT THIS THREAD AND PLEASE ADD NEW IDEAS*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I did a bit on this earlier, but not one payed attention to it, so I will post some of the same idea some his thread.

The guild page layout: First, at the top. There is the guild EMBLEM. These are available by collecting them as a guild effort from maps and activities. And being able to show them off before the guild name. The guild emblem goes before and after the name, with the name in the middle.

Below that the guild news/MotD. And under that the recent guild activity report (small window but scrollable) filled with joins, leaves and promotions. And beside that how many online/how many in the guild. Like this: 10/52

Below that a list of members, scrollable.

Themed Guild Halls: along with your ideas of upgrades. Themed guild halls would be cool. Like nordr themed, holiday themed, shuyal themed. Pirate themed, etc etc.

Also, some new guild hall upgrades could be an in-guild consignment shop and maybe a way to quickly get into pvp with in hall pvp doors.

Last thing is chat tabs. This does tie into guild improvements. Basically, above the global chat window, a tab to go into guild chat, and a tab to go into party chat. Because /g and /p are outdated and annoying.

THANKS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Coconutti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

This was an idea i posted as a thread a little while ago (i got no feedback from it).

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx
    How about adding an option for the guild creator to name ranks? For example: the officer rank could be named "General" or "Luitenant"(sp) or whatever the creator wants. They can even change the name of the master rank as well to revolve around the overall style of the guild. For example: a kingdom-themed guild could have King, Royal Guard, Knight, and Squire instead of Master, Officer, Recruiter, and Member.
    Also to add to this, maybe have customizable ranks for certain people (examples: director of pvp, coordinator of events, etc.) so people would know who to contact for information, so the master wont get overwhelmed by members wanting to know who pvp allies are, or what the next event is, ultimately splitting responsibility between other people. And customization of guild-mate powers (choosing to allow certain people kick members, promote, recruit, etc). Just to add variety to guild customization .

Arcane Legends Discord

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Was reading the new idea of WAR from start to bottom and i kept thinking: Wintergrasp!. :P WoW players will know. Very popular thing in WoW especially since, in the pvp zone, there would be a boss fight and a series of quests / rewards available only to the winners after the fight was done. Don't know if AL can actually support such a huge thing going on since it would require somethning as a new area/zone to be created and implemented but would be at least fun to have. Throw in a couple of quests / dailies in there and there you go.

But there are restrictions. Not only the creating new zone thing but also heavy thinking on how to create a balance when implementing it. For example, the attackers in Wintergrasp usually were in favor and that created the need for a timer running. 30mins if i remember correctly. The timer would create the right balance and give defenders an "equal" chance in winning.

Overall, i would like to see it happening here very much but i have to admit i'm not gonna get my hopes up. Meaning there are other more trivial thingies that could be prioritized and implemented quite fast and smoothly and that have not happened yet like the things proposed in the beginning of this thread.

Nevertheless, you have my support in this, maybe one day it might happen. +1.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Grisilda For This Useful Post: