Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iPhone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1290127
    I'm not picky with technology. I'm happy with whatever I have.
    yeah this
    Credits to Iady

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Wait, I'm only allowed to get a phone when I'm 15... I need to wait more months.
    At least my galaxy player doesn't lag that much.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Wait, I'm only allowed to get a phone when I'm 15... I need to wait more months.
    At least my galaxy player doesn't lag that much.
    lucky you, i didn't get my first cell till i was 17. though im 24 now, anddd back then there weren't 16 different iphones you could buy and another 128different android phones :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    lucky you, i didn't get my first cell till i was 17. though im 24 now, anddd back then there weren't 16 different iphones you could buy and another 128different android phones :P
    I think I got my first phone in 2007, so a year after you did.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

I got my first phone in 2011, 2 weeks before I found PL.

^Ultimate brag right - how old you were when you got your first phone.

Before all that was Nintendo DS my only life.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Hate seeing little 10-year-olds on their iPhones. Seriously. What does a little kid do with an iPhone? Who could they possibly call or text?

As much as I like technology nowadays, there are some things that make me question this generation.

And yes, I have an iPhone. It does what I need, that's good enough for me.

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I've got friends who got their phones back at 12 :/
    @zao: yeah...I'm seeing 10 year olds..and even 8 year olds having s2s and IPhones :/

Actually..I don't think I'll really need a phone, because at the moment, I probably only want it to access the internet/play games like PL anywhere :P

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I hate spoiled little brats around today, my brother is 8 and has an iPhone. It may be an iPhone 3GS, yet it's an iPhone. :P I got my first phone at age 8, and it was a Go Phone because I always had baseball practice and my mom couldn't stay, so I used my phone for emergencies and calling her. Kids nowadays... ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

iphone 3gs
    BearsDaBes

PL (main char) ign: miistic lv71 mage.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Kids nowadays... ._.
    You can't really blame the kids, entirely. We are surrounded by technology - perhaps there's an aspect to it that kids need early uses of technology so they're better prepared: parents want this?

Now, I think it's stupid that little kids have iphones, but it can't be blamed on the kids (unless they're extremely spoiled)... that sometimes shows bad parenting.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I know, haters gonna hate, but come on guys, let's please keep the discussion civil? Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default iPhone?

I completely disagree that kids having smart phones shows bad parenting. I bought my nephew his first phone when he was 6. I live in another state and my niece and nephews are my world. I wanted him to be able to talk to me whenever he wanted.

I few years later I got my nephew an iPhone.
    Every time we upgrade our equipment we pass the old ones to the kids. The phone helped his spelling with texting his family members. Making calls improved his communication and made him more social. There are plenty of books, math apps and additional educational apps. Now that he is older he also uses his iphone to help his little brother study (who also has an iPhone)

I spent an hour at a minimum with my 6 year niece the other night on FaceTime while she was doing her home work. She was learning new words, reading definitions and then reading stories those words were incorporated in to me.

For the ppl hating on kids for having phones. It sounds as though you are more jealous you didn't have one at that age rather than focusing in the good they bring.
    Last edited by angeldawn; 10-10-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I completely disagree that kids having smart phones shows bad parenting. I bought my nephew his first phone when he was 6. I live in another state and my niece and nephews are my world. I wanted him to be able to talk to me whenever he wanted.

Every time we upgrade our equipment we pass the old ones to the kids. The phone helped his spelling with texting his family members. Making calls improved his communication and made him more social. There are plenty of books, math apps and additional educational apps. Now that he is older he also uses his iphone to help his little brother study (who also has an iPhone)

I spent an hour at a minimum with my 6 year niece the other night on FaceTime while she was doing her home work. She was learning new words, reading definitions and then reading stories those words were incorporated in to me.

For the ppl hating on kids for having phones. It sounds as though you are more jealous you didn't have one at that age rather than focusing in the good they bring.
    This^,

Wanna become my aunt?

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

It's not that I'm hating on the kids, and you don't know if I'm jealous, which I wasn't, because I was actually playing outside and I used something called pen and paper to learn and write ._. It's also great that your younger family members are using the smart phones for good purposes, but my brother doesn't do that. He plays a bit of Pocket Legends, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, games like that. How educational :P He never really used for calling except to ask our mom if he could watch a movie when I was xD I guess I didn't specify myself enough .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Default iPhone?

I don't hate on kids with phones. I just got my first phone and only because I turned 16 and am driving. It doesn't have those fancy touch screens and such and if I wasn't driving I would still not have a phone. Heck, I didn't even own a single video game for the first 12 years of my life. My parents were extremely against anything of the sorts until my grandparents got me a Wii for Christmas one year.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

That's why I said *sometimes*, Angel. I know plenty of friends' parents that have good intentions about giving their kids an Iphone. I was simply debating against the phase "Pfft, kids these days..." because it isn't always the kid's fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I had one of those phones with a smiling face and a yarn cord when I was 6 and I turned out debatably well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    I don't hate on kids with phones. I just got my first phone and only because I turned 16 and am driving. It doesn't have those fancy touch screens and such and if I wasn't driving I would still not have a phone. Heck, I didn't even own a single video game for the first 12 years of my life. My parents were extremely against anything of the sorts until my grandparents got me a Wii for Christmas one year.
    now Free
    Lol, grandparents love to spoil their grandkids. Seriously tho, I grew up in a country where owning a smartphone is a luxury. I can buy my own, now that I'm working. I'm about to become a parent myself, I don't want to spoil my kids in giving them every shiny things in life, I don't want them to grow up expecting things to be handed to them in a silver platter.
    The Forum here is more FUN!