Thread: is it worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The ipad mini is about to be replaced. If you must get a tablet then I suggest the following in order from best choice to worst

1.Kindle fire HDX7 (starts at 229 for 16GB)

2.Nexus 7 2013 (starts at 229 for 16GB) the Kindle fire hd has a better processor and is generally more bang for the buck

3.Ipad mini 2nd nothing is confirmed yet but it will be a typical hardware update over last year's model. Fingerprint sensor and all.

4.Kindle fire HD (starts at 139) by far the cheapest fix. This is a new device with a new design but is essentially made with hardware from 2012. It's got more than enough horsepower to play sts games though.

5.Ipad mini 1 (starts at 299) if you enjoy overpaying for hardware, go ahead and purchase this one it's got a shoddy 1024x768 resolution, an outdated A5 processor, and a new one is weeks away from unveil. Really, you couldn't wish you purchase the ipad mini 1 at a worse time.
    Last edited by OvigorothO; 10-06-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    The ipad mini is about to be replaced. If you must get a tablet then I suggest the following in order from best choice to worst

1.Kindle fire HDX7 (starts at 229 for 16GB)

2.Nexus 7 2013 (starts at 229 for 16GB) the Kindle fire hd has a better processor and is generally more bang for the buck

3.Ipad mini 2nd nothing is confirmed yet but it will be a typical hardware update over last year's model. Fingerprint sensor and all.

4.Kindle fire HD (starts at 139) by far the cheapest fix. This is a new device with a new design but is essentially made with hardware from 2012. It's got more than enough horsepower to play sts games though.

5.Ipad mini 1 (starts at 299) if you enjoy overpaying for hardware, go ahead and purchase this one it's got a shoddy 1024x768 resolution, an outdated A5 processor, and a new one is weeks away from unveil.
    It will be plenty of time until I have money to get something (if im lucky ill be working at a mcdonalds or something) so I can wait for iPad mini if the new one is good. Both my little cousins have a kindle fire hd and so does my little brothers best friend but they just got them and haven't said if its good yet. Plus with my experiences with amazon and kindle fires both, I'm not sure of I'm willing to spend my money for them again.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    It will be plenty of time until I have money to get something (if im lucky ill be working at a mcdonalds or something) so I can wait for iPad mini if the new one is good. Both my little cousins have a kindle fire hd and so does my little brothers best friend but they just got them and haven't said if its good yet. Plus with my experiences with amazon and kindle fires both, I'm not sure of I'm willing to spend my money for them again.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    The Kindle fire hd I'm referring to isn't out yet. It is essentially the same device as the one your cousins have but it has a new body.
    If you are against the Kindle fires then go for the nexus 7. I've got both the new one and the 2012 model and can honestly say they've been my most used gadgets in an array of game consoles, PCs, phones, tablets, portable game systems, etc.