Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is it worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    I'm saying galaxy tablet 2 because it is the only tablet I can afford that is near me. I searched Nexus 7, iPad mini, galaxy 3, in the store finder for different stores in my area. None of those items are even in a 50 mile radius of the State that I live in. That's why I'm saying galaxy 2.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    I'd say avoid the galaxy tab 2 at all costs. In my personal experience the touch screen is very unresponsive, you've got to press really hard to get some stuff going sometimes, not to mention it's an overall lackluster display with poor resolution compared to the nexus 7. As I said a few pages back, the new Kindle fire hd that is not out yet/will come out in a few weeks is a great device for only 139$. I think you and many people on this thread are showing an incredible bias to the Kindle tablets. As for having poor support, the new OS the device has just received includes a feature where you can live chat with an assistant to get support on whatever issue you may have. When it comes out it will most likely show up at your local best buy, Walmart, target, etc. Since its a newer device.
    Last edited by OvigorothO; 10-13-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Ok I talked to my dad. If I go to Walmart later, I will buy the galaxy and try it. Then in just under a week my dad will be able to give me what else I need to buy the nexus 7 online and I will return the galaxy.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Glad you found the right solution for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Default is it worth it?

Thank you to everyone who gave their advice and opinions in this thread. They were all very helpful and helped me find what I am going to do. I will wait a week until I can get a nexus 7. So those who know me, I'll be back online after this coming Friday.

Last edited by programmed; 10-13-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    Is it worth it buying an Ipad mini? I have used a kindle fire ever since they came out. I got it for Christmas at the time and have not been impressed at all since then. In the first year I had 3 replacements and knew someone with 9 replacements. Now it has been past my 1 year warranty and my 3rd replacement is breaking too, but amazon won't replace it now that the warranty is up. I also use a ipod 4th generation. I saved up $200 after a few years of cutting grass to get an ipod and bought the ipod ive been wanting. The 4 gen was the new one so I got it. The first night I had it, I was already not impressed. It says in the description it holds 10+ hours of battery. I got 3 hours IF I was lucky. I returned it thinking it was a flawed one. The replacement had the same problem but also crashed frequently. I returned it but they said I couldn't get my money back, only replace it. I thought this was really stupid but I had either 2 choices; replace it, or waste the $200 I spent years saving up for a device called an ipod that I always heard great things about and loved as soon as I tried a friend's. The third replacement had the same issues. I put up with them; the frequent charges, crashes, apps not downloading. The only thing good was that I could listen to my favorite music anywhere, anytime. But now, a year later, I am sick of putting up with an ipod that doesn't work. Now that I turned 16 and finally on Tuesday was able to take my driving test and passed, I would like to try and get a job, and get something better. I got an email a month or so back from Apple about their new Ipad mini. The full size ipad is too expensive but works wonderful when I tried one out. So I was wondering, is an ipad mini good, and worth the price? Thanks in advance
    -Scary

EDIT: yay now it's completely broken ( -_- ) so those of you who know me I won't be on pl for a while probably. Unless i can finally get used to playing on a computer. I looked at reviews for the iPod 4 gen and turns out I wasted $200 and its not just me with problems; they discontinued the 4 gen. No one sells it anywhere now. Makes me kind of pissed now my kindle fire has no screen display other than these crazy lines (I'll try to get a pic, it's weird) and my iPod I can use for the forums but pl crashes. So in game I'm gone for a while but forums I'm still here (for now unless the iPod breaks completely too).
    I'd wait on buying and apple product since they come out with a new once ever 6-7 months now. Not bashing apple though since I'm writing this on and ipad 2 but its really just a smarter idea to look at all your options though. Like maybe a galaxy phones (and android for that matter) I hear there very good (some times better then apple) and there MUCH better then the ipad mini I here and see so really it's just comes down to this.

DO YOU want a device that's going out of date and no longer updated on in a year or so or do you want a phone that's going to last you for a long time with lots of updates and much creative content that you control?

Apple notes
    Now I do have to admit I loved apples products a lot (being i had my ipod 2 for years and even played pl on it) but with me waiting in line for my ipad 2 just to hear that the ipad 3 comes out 1 week after I bought my ipad made me pretty angry. BUT what made me even more angry and a bit saddened was when I saw my ipad at the bottom of a ios 7 update list (meaning) any devices under ipad2 to 5 gen iPod to iPhone 4S was just told to (go fluck yourself with updates or new content) EVEN BETTERLY MEANING you just got f'ed out of jailbreaks and ios7 if you where planing on doing that because ios6s last update got the hammer to jailbreaking. (For now)

So how good is that mini now? Oh wait there's already a new one out:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    I'd wait on buying and apple product since they come out with a new once ever 6-7 months now. Not bashing apple though since I'm writing this on and ipad 2 but its really just a smarter idea to look at all your options though. Like maybe a galaxy phones (and android for that matter) I hear there very good (some times better then apple) and there MUCH better then the ipad mini I here and see so really it's just comes down to this.

DO YOU want a device that's going out of date and no longer updated on in a year or so or do you want a phone that's going to last you for a long time with lots of updates and much creative content that you control?

Apple notes
    Now I do have to admit I loved apples products a lot (being i had my ipod 2 for years and even played pl on it) but with me waiting in line for my ipad 2 just to hear that the ipad 3 comes out 1 week after I bought my ipad made me pretty angry. BUT what made me even more angry and a bit saddened was when I saw my ipad at the bottom of a ios 7 update list (meaning) any devices under ipad2 to 5 gen iPod to iPhone 4S was just told to (go fluck yourself with updates or new content) EVEN BETTERLY MEANING you just got f'ed out of jailbreaks and ios7 if you where planing on doing that because ios6s last update got the hammer to jailbreaking. (For now)

So how good is that mini now? Oh wait there's already a new one out:/
    I'm not getting anything from Apple now. In the post above yours I said I decided to get a Nexus 7.