Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What might cause me to stop playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Unhappy What might cause me to stop playing

I sy this game is becoming a pay towin game a little bit. Reasons to get coll vanities, specail chest, good elixirs, specail pets, opening locked chest, leprechaun amulet, and other ingsomse. Everyone can't do offers or buy platinum. This might drive me to quit if something isn't changed a little bit or added.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maazilik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You don't NEED any of that, this game can be enjoyed without any of that. It's just a way for the people who invest so much time and energy into this game to get a little reward and payment themselves....it's quite fair to be honest. It is a FREE game after all...

, my two cents....

Archsmurf

Character(s):
    Archsmurf: Sorcerer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MilliVanilli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

3 of those thing you dont need plat. There are other things though
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Only platinum exclusive pets you can't buy in auction. Leprechaun, vanities, etc can be bought for gold. This is far from a pay to win game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, let's be realistic here... If you want to compete for the leaderboards and be really good, you are going to need to spend some plat. But not very much, just some. But you obviously spent some money on your device (your android or apple device wasn't free), and you spend some money on your internet connection (or do you play using public wi-fi??). If this was any other game on a playstation or xbox, you would have to pay for it. So why is that not fair here?

But to be realistic, not much plat is needed to be successful. You certainly don't have to open any crates. I've opened over 200 crates and got all junk, and yet I'm still on the leaderboards. Vanities make you look nice, but don't affect your ability to perform in the game. Luck Pendant can be purchased in the auction for gold. I'd say the only thing you would need some plat for is for elixirs, and the occasional pet (a few plat pets are needed for the beastmaster title). Perhaps even a mythic pet for 250 plat or spend 150 plat on the luck amulet, if you want the mythic title. So we are probably talking less than $50 worth of plat here, and that would give you enough to be successful in this game for probably a year. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Otherwise you can just play for free, but don't expect to be the best or be on the leaderboards. There has to be some incentive for players to spend real money. STG is not a charity.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

You don't need to spend money to play Arcane Legends at all.
    The game is free but buying platinum help makes your gameplay a whole lot easier and better.
    Crates aren't needed but can make you rich or poor in a few seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Well i hv 5 slots mythic in my main char, and I have a lot of friends who equip legendary gears. I helped them in elite shuyal maps and realized the huge different from when I was in pt with mythic people. Imo, without mythic gears, they are painful to run elite shuyal map, pots consumption, death count, time consumption. Many of them dont even step into any elite maps.

I know the rule, if you pay you will get your reward, but I just feel the the big gap in al soceity: upper class, middle class, high class, just like irl.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to faychen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I haven't spend a single dime, yet I was two seasons on the leaderboards, have mythic gun, armor and helm and I'm leading a guild. None of that required plat.

But if you think you need some: There are free plat options you dont need a certain device for.

So: NO money required, not even for beeing competitive for the leaderboards or getting myth-equipment.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

hes just saying what kind of person he is in irl
    Hachinichi is dead

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mapenjay For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Its an add free game. They need to make money somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Other than the ability to purchase certain plat exclusive pets, plat just saves you time and nothing else. So like many have done, just do a couple of free plat offers to get enough to purchase the few plat exclusive pets, and then no need for plat after that. You just have to play often enough and put in the time. There is no get rich quick scheme other than gambling with locked crates, and as you will see tons of threads here of people complaining "I opened 500 crates and got no mythics or arcanes!", there is no guarantee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think STS has done a great job in finding a balance between the f2p and p2w win model that makes 90% of the playing population happy with what they can achieve for little to no money.

- You have an ENTIRE quest based game that you can run start to finish without spending money. Either solo or in parties.

-You have a CENTRAL Auction House that you can sell your goods on for a nominal fee, OR you can sell at the various outposts convenient to each major quest area.

- You have a CHANCE at free eggs, elixers and potions every 8 and 24 hours that give you the benefit of plat only items for free. AND for the same duration.

- You can buy just about everything for Gold for exception of Platinum exclusive Pets, but there is already over 50 free pets that you can get in game for free.

-You can still find MYTHIC and ARCANE items in free to open crates.

- There are a variety of gaming options and challenges for every level of the game. Don't want to PvP at level cap and have to use mythic/arcane items to compete? Fine, make a low lvl twink and battle with readily available pink items you can get for free.

- Vanity Items are just that, Vanities that you dont need to play the game, but you can STILL buy it for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MilliVanilli View Post
    You don't NEED any of that, this game can be enjoyed without any of that. It's just a way for the people who invest so much time and energy into this game to get a little reward and payment themselves....it's quite fair to be honest. It is a FREE game after all...

, my two cents....

Archsmurf
    here here
    BearsDaBes

PL (main char) ign: miistic lv71 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Its business as well.. Of course devs and the whole team needs salary.. We cant blame STS for this.. Come to think of its free, u can play u want but dont expect to be same as others who spends alot in this game.. I see some non plat users having their mythics, they have done it through elite farming.. So do some farming, locked crates is easier to farm, just run in mines with ur luck ammy, nd with d help of free elix.. Booom! Ur instant millionaire! Just enjoy d game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

id people are still looking at this i cN never sell items or get gold and i am not able to do most of the trial play offers and i cant update my ios because i am on 1st i pad and cant update to do nativex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maazilik View Post
    id people are still looking at this i cN never sell items or get gold and i am not able to do most of the trial play offers and i cant update my ios because i am on 1st i pad and cant update to do nativex
    I found that hard to read but anyways, how on earth does your IPad run Arcane Legends. At most like 5fps? Also if you never sell items, start. Even with little things you'll eventually start making a decent profit...

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i get good fps but when i said i can never sell items i am saying no one will ever buy my things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i get good fps but when i said i can never sell items i am saying no one will ever buy my things
    Someone will, what level are you. Because lvl 25+ gear is where it's starts getting valuable. Try getting Legendaries and paying attention to their worth in the auctions. Then when u feel the prices are high, put yours up for average price (it'll seem low in comparison) and people will buy. Or you can always price your gear at equally high prices... your choice. I recommend you upgrade your tech though if possible. Hope I helped a little bit at least

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

That's the problem with the economy; not you. Nobody buys any items.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MilliVanilli View Post

, my two cents....

Archsmurf
    really? tell me how u get slag pet if u don't buy platinum?? or how u get abaddon? umm?? on my country app give u only 1 plat ALL the app 1 platinum and u don't get more app maybe on 1-2 month u get 1 or 2 app new for download and give only 1 plat so how u get slag/abaddon/elixirs/auction slot/character/inventory slot without buying plat?? this game is a money game is all