Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In your opinion, what would it take to get PL back to it's glory days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

IMO a time machine would do the trick.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I've started playing PL again, mainly PvP. I have to say, after coming from AL and returning... WOW, I forgot how much better the PL community is. Sure, there are trash talkers, but not at the level that AL has them.

So, in regards to the community, I think we are pretty on path with that. There may be some things like the yola site scammers, but if we come together as a community and warn everybody about them, they too won't have much to feed on.

In regards to content updates, I truly think it's the end of the line for PL. However, does that mean that there's nothing to do? No. There are 76 different levels. Within those 76 different levels, there are 15+ gaming communities. Why do I say 15+ gaming communities? Well, there's twinking. So, if we are going by every 5 levels, that means every 5 levels there's a whole other community & tactics to learn.

However, does AL have that? Truthfully, not really. While AL has some amazing PvP & some of the best FFA I have seen through all their games, the level of skill required to PvP in PL is far superior. So, there are some advantages to PL over AL.

So, do we really need a new campaign to fix things? I wouldn't say so. However, I have noticed that other MMOs will release new gear and items to obtain that mix up the content without increasing the level cap. Perhaps, developers can try that? More elite weapons would be cool! What about elite gear like armor, weapons, etc? That would keep players busy for a while and revive many people's interest.

Again, I don't think PL needs a new campaign, just needs new content like elite gear.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Now introducing the 6 piece elite ring!

Provides: 50 dodge, 90% hit, 75% crit, 3 armor, 19 health, x h/s (since it can be stashed), 10 m/s, adds unique active - exterminate: wipes any of 1 enemy, 75 dex, int, and str, increases 752.3 damage, gives you a red name, gives a GoA shield, gives you Flip's staff, and you become Justgg (if you catch my drift).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    It would take a ressurgence of the "oldies." What I mean by that is, the community that you and I joined is almost completely dead. No matter what changes STS makes to the game, this newer generation, and their "attitudes", will hinder any rise back to glory. The community is no where near as mature as it once was and there is a lot more selfishness in-game as well as on the forums. The "educated" are almost extinct and those with at least some knowledge of the game and it's mechanics don't want to bother with helping because of the rise of the trolls.

Sorry if I make that sound bad, but it is what it is. I started a group a few months back called "The Movement" in hopes to try and revive some of that old feeling. There is a good group who try and make an attempt to maintain a positive playing environment, but the numbers of immature, uneducated players is almost at an overwhelming level.
    The rise up of trolls is kinda false since I troll daily and have never met someone who trolled like me as and old player or general troll on the Internet. I see most players that try to troll now are just cursing and spamming with caps (which is not trolling) just being childish and immature. Which feeds to your argument incredibly that the new generation of pl players and there "attitudes" will hinder any rise back to glory.

I feel with the old players such as my self are starting to get lazy since all the players we keep training act the same and have no motivation (with the exception of a hand full of good new players). I've met a lot of great players in pl back before my 5 month break off back in 2010-11 ish due to scammers became a plague in pl where they were everwhere. And Pl was staring and is started to get like that some what again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I've started playing PL again, mainly PvP. I have to say, after coming from AL and returning... WOW, I forgot how much better the PL community is. Sure, there are trash talkers, but not at the level that AL has them.

So, in regards to the community, I think we are pretty on path with that. There may be some things like the yola site scammers, but if we come together as a community and warn everybody about them, they too won't have much to feed on.

In regards to content updates, I truly think it's the end of the line for PL. However, does that mean that there's nothing to do? No. There are 76 different levels. Within those 76 different levels, there are 15+ gaming communities. Why do I say 15+ gaming communities? Well, there's twinking. So, if we are going by every 5 levels, that means every 5 levels there's a whole other community & tactics to learn.

However, does AL have that? Truthfully, not really. While AL has some amazing PvP & some of the best FFA I have seen through all their games, the level of skill required to PvP in PL is far superior. So, there are some advantages to PL over AL.

So, do we really need a new campaign to fix things? I wouldn't say so. However, I have noticed that other MMOs will release new gear and items to obtain that mix up the content without increasing the level cap. Perhaps, developers can try that? More elite weapons would be cool! What about elite gear like armor, weapons, etc? That would keep players busy for a while and revive many people's interest.

Again, I don't think PL needs a new campaign, just needs new content like elite gear.
    Oh man I've gotte like 12 yola site scammers in the past 5 months banned. Yola moves very fast with these things and I'm very greatful of it (THANKS YOLA). On the matter of AL yah The cummunaty there is pretty bad even for me who trolls.

And on the topic of content I feel pl just does not see that pl is there main battle ship and that's why pl has been put on hiatus with caps and content (also I feel this is due to al not having much content as pl) Which is debatable but telling players just flat out
    ((Don't expect new content or a new cap on the horizon in pl)) is some bs. And we can all agree on that old or new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I actually find it easy to help and teach lower level new players (55 and under) PVE skills.

When running with low level new players it is easy to say. Hey by the way do you know your bird combos? Did you know you can combo with my Mage? Ok let's try it!! Ppl actually get so excited when they do this and see the combos come up on the screen. Then they start to ask what other combos are there and what else can learn.

It is also very easy in maps to say ..,. Ok guys do u know how to kill this boss? And then wait for them to answer and explain before entering boss area.

I have run into issues with higher levels like bears saying taunt is useless and not needed but lower level are very accepting as long as you aren't insulting them as you do it.
    It's interesting that you mention that. The issues are:

1. At endgame, (and it's always been like this), the willingness to learn is not there, save for beginners in endgame PvP (and only occassionally).

2. Twinking can be unpleasant at times.

3. If people don't know what to do, they've got to ask. If it's a matter of things like not knowing the orbs on Gurgox, well, asking would help for sure. If someone doesn't ask, well, it's expected that they know.

But the biggest issue I think is at endgame where people should have a clue how to play (except maybe at PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    1. Go to Tx
    2. Go to sts
    3. Kiss devs
    4. Back home.
    The truth is, even on dev teams, there's usually a lot of disagreement on what to do. I've worked with software engineers before. There's always a lot of debate going on behind the scenes.

Regarding scammers, well, like any game, once a game reaches a certain level, you're going to get scammers no matter what. Similar things happen with Eve, WoW, LoL, Dota, and a lot more of them. Pretty much everything that you see in the PC is going to happen on the phone.

I haven't played much AL, so I fear that you may be right about that. I would like to hope otherwise though. Other MMOs do frequently release new gear, although it is often via a tier system like WoW.

Updates wise, I fear that you may be right. But as far as what to do? Well, reforming major guilds would be a step forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Nice to see you decided to start playing again Parth, by the way in PvP nowadays I find it much easier to start FFAing then it was before, if you wanna FFA you have to organize it but many more players have been for FFA in the past few weeks.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    Nice to see you decided to start playing again Parth, by the way in PvP nowadays I find it much easier to start FFAing then it was before, if you wanna FFA you have to organize it but many more players have been for FFA in the past few weeks.
    Because they're finally realizing how damn boring that calling Go is

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I want to fight Zeus. <3
    Last edited by The Sadness; 10-11-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Inserted word: to

PL: Flawless

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sadness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    I want to fight Zeus. <3
    If you can find me in game, although I think at L76 it's mainly just whoever hits their HS and Crushing Blow first. I hate the fact that they nerfed buffs, but then they didn't nerf debuffs. What logic is that?? .-.

I mean, if a bear gets hit with a debuff now, they are so strong that essentially it renders him/her useless for 7-9 seconds.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    This is a huge thing especially endgame, I remember stepping into pvp and getting destroyed, thankfully several of my friends gave me tips and patiently taught me after I asked.
    Now endgame you see a bear use rage beckon and stomp, unsure of what a bird's debuff does. When the bird is actually skilled enough to counter and pull off a fairly simple win the bear doesn't even say a disgruntled "gf" but rather "lol" or say something about luck. I really find this the most in bears, pallies, and warbirds. They act if their godlike dodge is actually based on their skill.
    Heard from another bear that beckon stomp combo was "supposed to be overpowered" and that they were supposed to be most damage outputting class.
    I realized this goes back to the pvp issues rather than just the community. I actually think the problems of the in game community springs from the lack of understanding for the game, and now with this pvp issues and the elixirs in pve, the lack of this need to understand it.
    The game hardly promotes teamwork anymore.
    couldnt agree moar. I think a lot of the old players are quitting because Pvp is ruled by luck now, so what difference does it make if ur more skilled then the other person.

I like this idea frankly. We don't need a new campaign. We need new modes of play, new Pvp maps, new gear for all levels, stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    I want to fight Zeus. <3
    wish I had a thanks bud.

If you can find me in game, although I think at L76 it's mainly just whoever hits their HS and Crushing Blow first. I hate the fact that they nerfed buffs, but then they didn't nerf debuffs. What logic is that?? .-.

I mean, if a bear gets hit with a debuff now, they are so strong that essentially it renders him/her useless for 7-9 seconds.
    This is very true. Debuffs are really overpowered now. Especially hs and blind above 66.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone'sFavMage View Post
    This is very true. Debuffs are really overpowered now. Especially hs and blind above 66.
    I know mages are fine just the way they are now, but why not make Weakness at L9 12m?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    I know mages are fine just the way they are now, but why not make Weakness at L9 12m?
    You, sir, are hilarious.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Pallies would own me more than they do now D:

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Pallies would own me more than they do now D:

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

You, sir, are hilarious.
    Yessss I know they're op but its sorta weird that they'd make HS go from 8-12m and not weakness.. ._.

ty for compliment also gramma <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Weakness isn't even as much of a debuff is it?
    Correct me if wrong, not much of a mage player.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Weakness isn't even as much of a debuff is it?
    Correct me if wrong, not much of a mage player.
    Pretty sure it's -60 hit%.. Lemme check.

EDIT:

Yep, also -60 dmg so I guess 8m is fair. ._.
    Last edited by Trenton; 10-11-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton:1296253
    Pretty sure it's -60 hit%.. Lemme check.

EDIT:

Yep, also -60 dmg so I guess 8m is fair. ._.
    Oh, like I said not sure
    #themoreyouknow
    Hellscream is -60 damage as well right?
    Feel dumb, I am probably wrong on this too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

actually idk if this true or not but they nerf the debuff...lol