Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In your opinion, what would it take to get PL back to it's glory days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I think you pretty much nailed but, but I would also submit to you that there is a reason the immature crowd is growing and the mature crowd is dying. Certain types of games attract certain types of players. You know?
    Well, for one, its pretty obvious that the business model STS employs is for a revolving player base. There are a lot of players that want/wanted to be loyal to this game. But time and again we see that it wasn't the model the company is pushing.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I joined PL when the Sewers were the level cap. I really met a lot of new friends during this time, and I coninously keep playing PL. I really couldn't stop. About a year ago, the game just got boring. As I wasn't able to spend money on Plat, I knew that I had no shot at ever reaching the level cap. I would come on about once a month, and play for maybe 2 hours. Now, it seems I come on once every 6 months for 2 minutes. Really, I think that PL has just been nearly forgotten about. I don't mean that as hatred toward Spacetime, I mean, the company is extremely successful and have amazing staff, but I think the reason everyone left was because of the lack of new content. Even when we do get like a new map or level cap, 90% of the items are reused, just simply given a different name and stats. I think maybe more creative and enjoyable quests and campaigns would return people (including myself) back to PL.
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I dunno about that. For me, at least, it wasn't about content. That's not why I left. I left because the game got extremely boring without hemorrhaging money for platinum.

I never really was into PL PVP so that wasn't an option. Even just grinding, if you weren't potted you weren't pulling your weight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I can't consider any time the "glory days", I've seen the same immaturity in some times others have mentioned here as the best.
    I think what some are describing as glory days are just their personal favorites.
    Other than some pvp eras, people are too varied and our ability to see the entire community is too limited to make sweeping statements.
    Regardless of when I think is the best time, I think it's a little unfair to label new folks as the worst. It's just a bit elitist, as if to say before you it was great, but now it's the worst.
    That can't be the community we want, the "you guys can't compare to us" vibe.
    Yes there are reasons to be critical, but sometimes it's just farting in the elevator so to say.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I crop dust the isles in wal-mart does that count

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I dunno about that. For me, at least, it wasn't about content. That's not why I left. I left because the game got extremely boring without hemorrhaging money for platinum.

I never really was into PL PVP so that wasn't an option. Even just grinding, if you weren't potted you weren't pulling your weight.
    So content wasn't the reason you left but you got bored of the content so that's why you left?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I can't consider any time the "glory days", I've seen the same immaturity in some times others have mentioned here as the best.
    I think what some are describing as glory days are just their personal favorites.
    Other than some pvp eras, people are too varied and our ability to see the entire community is too limited to make sweeping statements.
    Regardless of when I think is the best time, I think it's a little unfair to label new folks as the worst. It's just a bit elitist, as if to say before you it was great, but now it's the worst.
    That can't be the community we want, the "you guys can't compare to us" vibe.
    Yes there are reasons to be critical, but sometimes it's just farting in the elevator so to say.
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'd have to disagree with you on this entirely. If you can't see a distinct change in the way this community has treated each other since day once, then I'd perhaps submit to you that you're part of the decline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've been around for quite some time and have seen the game evolve quite a bit. Personally I really miss the way pve used to be. Lots of strategy being used, and of course, no elixirs required. Now though, even if you're capped with the best gear possible, you still struggle. I view this as a tactic to make money from sts. Make the levels ridiculously hard and slow so people buy plat right? Another money making tactic which I hate is the low drop rates in the regular pve maps. Just so people pay plat for the plat maps. If these things were changed I believe pve would improve significantly.

As for PvP, I'm glad they showed some interest and tried to make changes. But they went about it the wrong way. As Efm mentioned, they should've looked at previous caps like sewers and look at what made that cap so balanced. The community is also a big problem in PvP. Back then if you went into PvP with a big ego you'd get smacked. Now though everyone thinks they're the best. Most have a huge ego. I guess there's nothing sts can do about that right. Unless they truly balanced PvP and thee players completely sucked. A game with no skill required is no fun ya know.

The devs are always going to focus on their new games. They're going to keep pumping out games. If pl is lucky enough to get a new cap its going to be just like blacksmoke. There will be plat maps again. There will ridiculously hard levels again, and you'll provably wait another year for next cap after that. The community I joined is almost completely dead as others said. The game I used to love no longer exists. I think some people need to come to terms with that. The game is never going to be the way it used to be. A new gen has taken over. Unfortunately most are immature, selfish, and ignorant. Sts has established itself as a company now. They don't need to do all the little things they used to do. Like listening to the community, or even bring out new content. Because people are still going to keep playing.

Sorry for the long rant. I'm not very good at keeping it short. I've been unhappy with the game for quite some time. I tried to keep hope. Hoping that sts actually cared about its players. And no matter how much they say they do. Actions speak louder than words, and of course they don't show it. I stuck around for a long time, hoping. Which i regret now. I finally realize things are never going to change. Good luck to you players who still have a passion for this game. But as for me, I'm done waiting for something that will never happen. Time for me to finally leave. I wish the best of luck to all of you. Cya!

-Obey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Renegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

New content is the engine that drives PL. When that went away, everything began to crumble.

When people believe the developers are engaged and actively supporting the game, they
    1. anticipate the new content by trying to cap, gathering gold for new items, strategizing about when to sell current gear, etc.
    2. provide constructive feedback to developers and each other
    3. behave better because the threat of punishment is real
    4. invest in creating multiple characters so they can try them out with the new content/gear/maps/etc
    5. overall just have a sense of building their something (characters, wealth, skills) for the future

We've seen pretty much the reverse of all of these things since support has withdrawn. Why not scam people when odds of someone doing something about it are so small? Why not be insulting and unfriendly since you won't need their help working through new content? Why show any manners in PvP since nobody's ever going to do anything to correct the imbalances (i.e. you'll be OP forever)?

While I understand it's human nature to pine for the "good old days", it's not like PL was inhabited by nothing but angels wandering with child-like innocence through the garden of Eden. People pushed as far as they could then as now, but there were those with the power to push back still engaged then. Today there's just not very much attention being invested to dissuade the wrong-doers, so we see more and more of them while those who just wanted to play PL straight up continue to head for the exits out of boredom.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'd have to disagree with you on this entirely. If you can't see a distinct change in the way this community has treated each other since day once, then I'd perhaps submit to you that you're part of the decline.
    I do not choose to defend either position, that the community is better of worse.
    My point is more in line with, be less judgmental, and, we don't see everything to the point that we can effectively say the new players deserve to be reminded that they don't compare.
    My message was about tolerance and non judgment.
    It's part of our job as a community to be inclusive, I'm saying imagine being a newer player and the elders keep saying everything sucks now compared to then.
    Im part of the "decline" lol.
    C'mon Micah, no need for us to be at odds on everything possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

So content wasn't the reason you left but you got bored of the content so that's why you left?
    Nah I got bored of the game play. Not the content. I could explain it much deeper, but I'm on mobile. Maybe try digging a little deeper and possibly read my previous posts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    As for PvP, I'm glad they showed some interest and tried to make changes. But they went about it the wrong way.
    We asked the community what needed fixing: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=fixin

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Hoping that sts actually cared about its players. And no matter how much they say they do. Actions speak louder than words, and of course they don't show it.
    We implemented changes that the community suggested (these are actions) and tweaked based on your feedback: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=great+nerf

We have explained why we are on the path that we are on, and how you would not have any of our games to play if we did not do the things we did: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...le-Today/page2

Here is a sub-text of that post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustG
    Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Thank you for your feedback.
    And yet in spite of this, you speak in absolutes. Sweeping generalities. This does not serve the community either.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I do not choose to defend either position, that the community is better of worse.
    My point is more in line with, be less judgmental, and, we don't see everything to the point that we can effectively say the new players deserve to be reminded that they don't compare.
    My message was about tolerance and non judgment.
    It's part of our job as a community to be inclusive, I'm saying imagine being a newer player and the elders keep saying everything sucks now compared to then.
    Im part of the "decline" lol.
    C'mon Micah, no need for us to be at odds on everything possible.
    I believe you may have missed my point. My intention was not to be at odds with you on everything possible and neither was my intention to exclude certain new people or be intolerant/judgmental. I was simply disagreeing with you on the point which I thought you were trying to make about the community not changing. Statements like, "I can't consider any time the "glory days", I've seen the same immaturity in some times others have mentioned here as the best." and, "I think what some are describing as glory days are just their personal favorites." seem to indicate that you feel the change in the community is subject to opinion and perspective. I do not believe this is the case at all. That doesn't mean that I feel every single person who joins the game is some kind of loser, just like I don't believe everyone who joined the game back in the "glory days" was some kind of saint. I also highly doubt anyone is offended when players mention some kind of "glory days." If they are, honestly, that's their problem. There is no reason at all to take any kind of offense.

Now, you mentioned in your previous post that you were simply making a statement about not judging and being tolerant. While it seems to me that you were implying more than that, I have no reason to not take you at your word. I've been accused of implying all sorts of crazy stuff in the past, and I have also read into posts too much in the past. That being said, I definitely agree that we should keep an open mind and be non-judgmental as well as tolerant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Nah I got bored of the game play. Not the content. I could explain it much deeper, but I'm on mobile. Maybe try digging a little deeper and possibly read my previous posts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm I think I gotcha. Do you have any links to post or something? I got nothing else to do and I like reading opinions, especially on stuff like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

@ MM I do feel that many changes in the community can seem to arise from personal experience and not necessarily be the best indicator of the whole.
    I had a lot of bad experience at the sewers times and great ones of nuri, if I didn't make the distinction between my personal experiences then I could in all honesty say the sewers were the worst community, I'm not but it would just be my opinion that I was passing off as fact.
    Perception can influence what we speak of when we makes generalizations.
    I doubt anyone is taking offense at others opinions, I'm often seeing things from several sides.
    Seems we aren't to far apart here then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We asked the community what needed fixing: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=fixin

We implemented changes that the community suggested (these are actions) and tweaked based on your feedback: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ght=great+nerf

We have explained why we are on the path that we are on, and how you would not have any of our games to play if we did not do the things we did: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...le-Today/page2

Here is a sub-text of that post:

And yet in spite of this, you speak in absolutes. Sweeping generalities. This does not serve the community either.
    Ouch ownt by G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I agree with Cheen and Oldcoot on this one guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    I agree with Cheen and Oldcoot on this one guys.
    Thank you, I was wondering if I stood alone on that one or not.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    Thank you, I was wondering if I stood alone on that one or not.
    You don't. You have your dog with you as clearly depicted in your sig.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You don't. You have your dog with you as clearly depicted in your sig.
    Don't forget his best pal Walking Shtick...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post: