Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Shadow Storm Shot a viable option...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Just dont replace it with the level 50 Mark of Death skill originally planned during the rollout of the game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

My suggestion for SSS
    Shadow Focus - increase damage by 35% on critical instead of 25
    Dark damage - increase damage by 25% instead of 15%

Initial explosion on impact will cause AoE reduce enemy hit chance by 15% for 3 seconds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Perhaps, all that is needed is to increase the damage that SSS delivers, increase the attack range and increase the number of affected targets. Other possibilities would include an "Arcane Patch" that can snare/root enemies in a 8m range, or some form of "spreading" DoT.

As others have said Nox is vastly superior in all aspects, from range to damage to number of targets.

Quite frankly, when I see a Rogue with SSS, the first thought that comes to mind is "nub," because I know how impotent this skill is after trying to work it in every time there is a free respec weekend.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Perhaps, all that is needed is to increase the damage that SSS delivers, increase the attack range and increase the number of affected targets. Other possibilities would include an "Arcane Patch" that can snare/root enemies in a 8m range, or some form of "spreading" DoT.

As others have said Nox is vastly superior in all aspects, from range to damage to number of targets.

Quite frankly, when I see a Rogue with SSS, the first thought that comes to mind is "nub," because I know how impotent this skill is after trying to work it in every time there is a free respec weekend.
    110% agree. Especially in PvP.

The initial damage should be increased. The range is fine, as it can hit as many targets as Nox can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I dont mind sss be swapped with a new skill.as we hv aimed and nox for bows.
    I vote invisibility cloak or stealth mode.rogue will be forced to make decision as stealth mode will decreases armour and few stats attributes but few sec cloaking to give em time to plan traps or strategize kiting.this could be fun
    semi-retired

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

What kinda noob archer can't shoot multiple arrows at once? Don't y'all watch any movies? Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

The single thing rogues lack in this game is some form of stealth. The ability to be untargetable for a short period of time by MOBs or in PVP is an invaluable skill, if it would be OP, I don't know...

So… I propose that while stealth would be really cool for rogues, it might also be a coding nightmare for the development team. That being said, why not consider some other form of skill we lack, that being a nuke skill with our daggers that doesn’t shoot us across the map and cause us to attack backwards or attack a barrel that’s over on the side.

Here are some thoughts on skills that could replace SSS:

Shadow Blade Strike
    2 Second Cool Down
    DMG – on par with Aimed Shot
    Shadow Blade Strike does an additional +15% damage when performed from inside a Shadow Veil (stacks with Shadow Veil)
    Eviscerate
    Damage from SBS ignores armor
    SBS now has has an increased chance to crit of +25%
    Cripple
    Charging SBS will now snare your target and reduce his movement rate by 30% for 5 seconds movement rate is reduced by 60% if the enemy is within a shadow veil
    Decapitate
    Charging SBS provides a 1% chance to slay any living target with one strike (bosses not included)
    Shadow Regeneration
    Strikes from SBS will return 10% of the damage they inflict to the rogue, 20% if performed from within a Shadow Veil

================================================== =====================================

Mirror Image
    12 second cool down
    Creates a mirror image of the rogue that can be targeted (as a decoy) by players and MOBs
    Charging the skill creates two mirror images.
    They should have their own AI, and health & armor equal to the rogue’s at full HP, but can be destroyed by attacks
    5 second duration
    Cloned Images
    Mirror image will now produce 2 instances of the rogue uncharged, and 3 charged.
    Lingering Mirage
    The images will remain in play for an additional 3 seconds
    Instill Fear
    Charged mirror images now have the chance to cause their targets to panic (similar to slag’s ability)
    Parrying Rogues
    Charging the skill provides the rogue with an increased dodge of 20% and reducing enemy’s chance to hit by 15% within a PBAOE of the images

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    The single thing rogues lack in this game is some form of stealth. The ability to be untargetable for a short period of time by MOBs or in PVP is an invaluable skill, if it would be OP, I don't know...

So… I propose that while stealth would be really cool for rogues, it might also be a coding nightmare for the development team. That being said, why not consider some other form of skill we lack, that being a nuke skill with our daggers that doesn’t shoot us across the map and cause us to attack backwards or attack a barrel that’s over on the side.

Here are some thoughts on skills that could replace SSS:

Shadow Blade Strike
    2 Second Cool Down
    DMG – on par with Aimed Shot
    Shadow Blade Strike does an additional +15% damage when performed from inside a Shadow Veil (stacks with Shadow Veil)
    Eviscerate
    Damage from SBS ignores armor
    SBS now has has an increased chance to crit of +25%
    Cripple
    Charging SBS will now snare your target and reduce his movement rate by 30% for 5 seconds movement rate is reduced by 60% if the enemy is within a shadow veil
    Decapitate
    Charging SBS provides a 1% chance to slay any living target with one strike (bosses not included)
    Shadow Regeneration
    Strikes from SBS will return 10% of the damage they inflict to the rogue, 20% if performed from within a Shadow Veil

================================================== =====================================

Mirror Image
    12 second cool down
    Creates a mirror image of the rogue that can be targeted (as a decoy) by players and MOBs
    Charging the skill creates two mirror images.
    They should have their own AI, and health & armor equal to the rogue’s at full HP, but can be destroyed by attacks
    5 second duration
    Cloned Images
    Mirror image will now produce 2 instances of the rogue uncharged, and 3 charged.
    Lingering Mirage
    The images will remain in play for an additional 3 seconds
    Instill Fear
    Charged mirror images now have the chance to cause their targets to panic (similar to slag’s ability)
    Parrying Rogues
    Charging the skill provides the rogue with an increased dodge of 20% and reducing enemy’s chance to hit by 15% within a PBAOE of the images
    O.O I really REALLY like these suggestions

I'm assuming shadow blade strike would be single target? & it should have the same or a little more of a CD than aimed shot, also maybe raise that insta kill chance to 5% inside of shadow veil
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 10-11-2013 at 04:30 PM.