Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Halloween Event Oct. 24 to Nov. 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question about the Happy Holloween AP:
    Will it also end Nov 5?
    If so, there would be an AP that others can't have afterwards.. any fix on this please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    There will only be two Halloween achievements and they will not have very big AP points, specifically because they will only be available during the event. We don't want those who have them to have a big advantage AP point wise over someone who doesn't.

There will also be similar time limited achievements for the coming Winter Event in December as well. We plan to follow the same plan of having only a few per event and having them not contribute big AP points.
    If you want little influence, why wouldn't you offer a 0 AP achievement and offer a pet, title, plat (lol, I can try), and/or gold instead (like the I'm AFK ap).
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-16-2013 at 06:02 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It doesn't matter though, if it is 5ap or 500ap. Whoever misses out on these limited time ap's will have no chance for the ap leaderboard ever.

What about people who start playing in January, say? They work their butts off and spend a fortune and get all their ap, just to fall forever 10 ap short of the board because they started the game 2 months too late?

Or a leaderboard player who has all their ap's but is out of town for a week and can't play, gets knocked off forever by the 25 peers who happened to be able to play during the event? These boards are that competitive, and to come up 5ap short would almost be worse than 500 - forever chasing the carrot dangling on the string that you can't ever reach.
    110% agreed and correct. Totally unfair to those unable to get those AP in this limited time. LB is permanent and every content in it should also be. Even 1 AP point will be crucial to everyone. If il be unable to get the AP on this specific dates, all hopes will be forever gone. Just hoping for nothing,playing under furstration forever,due to that 1AP or 5AP that you havent get.
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i hope devs will also fix the android 4.3 issue so we can get the free offer plats in time to be able to get these new pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    If you want little influence, why wouldn't you offer a 0 AP achievement and offer a pet, title, plat (loo, I can try), and/or gold instead (like the I'm AFK ap).
    hmmm so come february there will be a valentine event where the pet's arcane ability will make the boss fall in love with it (just like how stun works) bwehehehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

There will only be two Halloween achievements and they will not have very big AP points, specifically because they will only be available during the event. We don't want those who have them to have a big advantage AP point wise over someone who doesn't.

There will also be similar time limited achievements for the coming Winter Event in December as well. We plan to follow the same plan of having only a few per event and having them not contribute big AP points.
    It doesn't matter though, if it is 5ap or 500ap. Whoever misses out on these limited time ap's will have no chance for the ap leaderboard ever.

What about people who start playing in January, say? They work their butts off and spend a fortune and get all their ap, just to fall forever 10 ap short of the board because they started the game 2 months too late?

Or a leaderboard player who has all their ap's but is out of town for a week and can't play, gets knocked off forever by the 25 peers who happened to be able to play during the event? These boards are that competitive, and to come up 5ap short would almost be worse than 500 - forever chasing the carrot dangling on the string that you can't ever reach.
    Agreed. I've seen people have the device they play on not work for a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Couldn't agree more. This idea is asking for an angry mob at your door.

The only way this plan is ever going to work is if you implement Energizeric's idea of adding multiple achievements (i.e. too many) that force players to pick and choose which ones they want to pursue. This idea makes sense because it gives players the option to pursue certain achievement paths/groups in order to reach the LB, and if they miss out on these holiday events then no big deal. However, as it stands, reaching the Top Player/Class LBs is very straight forward with no wiggle room, and is also bottle necked at the 5k/10k CTF flag APs and number of PvE kills. Adding these limited time APs, even if they're worth 1 point, is going to ruin other people's chances at the LB for a long time, if not forever. I'm not a player who ever stands a chance at these LBs, but I could only imagine how upset someone would be if they couldn't play during a holiday event (because they're spending time with their family and friends) and they end up being knocked off by 5 measly points. With this concept, you're basically forcing players to never stop playing - even during holidays - if they want to reach the LBs.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-16-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:1300285

Makes sense. Its bad enough there are APs you need plat to unlock and now this. Shameful really.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Can't wait regardless... been waiting for awhile now to spend my plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Agree with serancha.

Kind of random, but I want VANITIES!
    It's Halloween. We need costume as well.

Any plan for this?
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I probably should not say this because I really do not know much about the leader board and I have no interest in ever being on this leader board. But is this LEADER board not for the leaders - the best in this game with the most points?

It does not sound strange to me that there are special achievements so you can try to get on top - to become the best. There will be more of these achievements so next time the current leader might miss it and someone else takes over.

To me it looks like you are marathon runners complaining the one in front is running too fast.

But again I should probably not say anything...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Couldn't agree more. This idea is asking for an angry mob at your door.

The only way this plan is ever going to work is if you implement Energizeric's idea of adding multiple achievements (i.e. too many) that force players to pick and choose which ones they want to pursue. This idea makes sense because it gives players the option to pursue certain achievement paths/groups in order to reach the LB, and if they miss out on these holiday events then no big deal. However, as it stands, reaching the Top Player/Class LBs is very straight forward with no wiggle room, and is also bottle necked at the 5k/10k CTF flag APs and number of PvE kills. Adding these limited time APs, even if they're worth 1 point, is going to ruin other people's chances at the LB for a long time, if not forever. I'm not a player who ever stands a chance at these LBs, but I could only imagine how upset someone would be if they couldn't play during a holiday event (because they're spending time with their family and friends) and they end up being knocked off by 5 measly points. With this concept, you're basically forcing players to never stop playing - even during holidays - if they want to reach the LBs.
    Perhaps you are correct, but I think this issue is being overstated.....

I've successfully received a banner for being on the "top sorcerer" leaderboard for season 2, 3 & 4, and right now I'm currently in the top 25 for season 5. Never at any time have I ever had all of the current achievements. So I think it's an overstatement to say that you need every last one.

The only issue there was in the past was the arcane achievement.... This achievement stopped people from being on the leaderboard because it accounted for so many points. If you remember, I lobbied for that to be changed, which it ultimately was, and now anyone can get that achievement by buying an arcane egg and hatching it.

As long as they make these new achievements with low number of APs, I don't see it keeping someone off the leaderboards. Yes, I suppose if you were #20-25 and then you don't get these APs, then maybe you are bumped off. But it's not like every single player on the board has every achievement. Last I checked there was only one single player in AL who had all APs, and when you get down to the lower sections of the top 25 for each class, you see spreads of around 500 points from top to bottom. So if they were to have a couple of small achievements that each granted 25 points, it's not going to affect things that much.

To the guy who will be on vacation, are you going to the North Pole? Just bring your device and play a little at some point. I doubt these holiday achievements will be super hard or time consuming.

Also, just a guess here, but I would expect the same achievements will return year after year for each holiday. Perhaps Sam can confirm if that is the plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

If you want little influence, why wouldn't you offer a 0 AP achievement and offer a pet, title, plat (loo, I can try), and/or gold instead (like the I'm AFK ap).
    Great idea! I wouldn't mind at all a 0 ap for a title!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric
    To the guy who will be on vacation, are you going to the North Pole? Just bring your device and play a little at some point. I doubt these holiday achievements will be super hard or time consuming.
    Trust me, I considered this greatly before finalizing my post. It was just one example of a reason people will miss out on APs. Other reasons could easily be debated: device doesn't work, internet doesn't work, or maybe some people dedicate 100% of their attention to the holiday (you never know, this is a global game not just American). My point is, as you also touched upon, those who miss these APs are at a significant disadvantage for an entire year. Why? Because you will always have at least 25 hardcore players in this game who won't miss a single AP. Therefore, players (especially up and coming players) shouldn't be at a disadvantage for not logging on during a certain time frame, even if these achievements will only take 10 seconds to complete. Up until now, there are zero APs available that have a time constraint, are no long obtainable or are extremely unbalanced - they are all pretty much fair game. Sure, you can add more of these event-oriented APs later for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, whatever. However, its just a domino effect for anyone who misses a single event. Wait an entire year to be back in running? No thanks.

I guess the heart of my argument is that there are obviously many players of AL that already object to this idea. So why even bother pressing forward with a plan that is going to upset even 1% of your customers, especially when it's completely unnecessary? Maybe the actual number of APs won't matter as much as we think, but regardless, this issue is one of principles more so than just the numbers. I can't think of any situation in the history of AL that mimics this potential scenario - even heraldic, criers, new mythic weapons, and other discontinued items are still obtainable somehow. There's no good reason for STS to be offering us these give or take type of situations if they really care about customer retention. I vote do what Crowsfoot suggested and just give everyone a pet, title or banner as a reward. There are already banners that players can never obtain (Best Banner Ever), and a pet that only comes around once a year (Snowball), so this wouldn't be anything new, and there's no advantage to any of those items. They are just material objects and don't effect the competitive nature of the LBs which is dynamic and takes an immense amount of effort.

Again, I am not a player who will reach any Top Player LB. My stance is defending those who work hard and enjoy the competitiveness of the LBs, and pointing out that this is a flawed idea. Either grant your customers 100% equal opportunity with an idea or don't implement it at all.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Both the Ewen the Pumpkin and the new pet that will be available starting on Oct. 17th will be able to be purchased through Nov. 5th when all of the Halloween goodies go back to the spooky place from whence they came (until next year!).
    Thank you very much for including the "until next year!" bit. But why couldn't you answer my question when I asked this multiple times? Makes me sad that you didn't want to answer my question. Or was my question skipped accidentally? Seems a little hard to have happen when I asked multiple times, though.

Happy the pets will be back next year, though.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Completely agree with Taejo and Serancha.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    hmmm so come february there will be a valentine event where the pet's arcane ability will make the boss fall in love with it (just like how stun works) bwehehehe
    Omg, I'm staying away from any spider bosses with that pet!

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I'm sure you are all waiting to hear an answer on this, and I'm here to report.

We have decided to make these achievements NOT worth achievement points. There is another reward tied to completing the main achievement, as well as a sizeable purse. We find it doesn't benefit us in any way to put points on the achievements vs. having them pointless other than upset customers across the board.

Thanks for the feedback guys, we're always listening. (Even when you think we aren't )

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I'm sure you are all waiting to hear an answer on this, and I'm here to report.

We have decided to make these achievements NOT worth achievement points. There is another reward tied to completing the main achievement, as well as a sizeable purse. We find it doesn't benefit us in any way to put points on the achievements vs. having them pointless other than upset customers across the board.

Thanks for the feedback guys, we're always listening. (Even when you think we aren't )
    Where did you guys get this AWSOME idea?

If you want little influence, why wouldn't you offer a 0 AP achievement and offer a pet, title, plat (lol, I can try), and/or gold instead (like the I'm AFK ap).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	359tmz.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	43675

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We have decided to make these achievements NOT worth achievement points.
    Obviously I am going to say thank you for making this decision. A small part of me was actually excited when I read about Halloween and Winter Fest having achievements available. If they weren't planned to be limited time, everyone would have naturally been very excited. More achievement opportunities are always a good thing, as long as they are fair.
    Last edited by Taejo; 10-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.