Thread: Is it worth having all 3 arcane pets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Is it worth having all 3 arcane pets?

I've been wondering, for a rogue, is it worth it to have all 3 arcane pets?

I currently have Hammerjaw and Samael, but as of late, I've been debating getting Glacian. Any thoughts on this? Any rogues that do have glacian, is the increased defense really that great?

I know that his passive attack is rather lame, but what about everything else? To those who have gotten Glacian & have another arcane pet to compare it to, were there any regrets? If so, which?

What I'm asking is, right now: Hammerjaw and Samael each have their different uses. Sure, a Samael will boost up my own damage considerably. However, a Hammerjaw will boost up my entire team's damage considerably. Is there any use for Glacian in my inventory?
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Imo, have 2. Any more will be merely a waste of money imo, you cant use all three at one time even if you switch between them. HJ is cool, as we talked about it extensively but I realised that glacian is quite sick - totally comparable to HJ or samael, its crits and defense are good. 10% of the 1.4k armor we have is like 140 more armor. Samael is obviously the best though, its incomparable when it is used effectively

If you have the cash, go for all three because they are all good. The problem is that you wont use all three of the pets much to call it a deal of 9m.
    Last edited by Bless; 10-12-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: lul, pro
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I've always considered Glacian to be a rogue favoring pet. However, my opinion is partially based on my experience of playing a rogue at L31 cap during season 4, and I have not played one since. It seems to me that +10% crit is always going to be useful, and when stacked consistently throughout a map yields devastating damage output. I understand that +10% damage is the preferred stat to have, but I think with the +25 Dex also boosting your damage, the numbers will be comparable if not higher with the higher crit chance. Now days, +10% crit will bring most rogues to around 43-45%, right? Lastly, the +15 Str offers a decent amount of HPs, and the mana + m/r, although not a huge amount, is always helpful to the rogue who keeps running out.

Of course, you already know all of this and I only typed it up for other curious players to read. My answer specifically to you, Apollo, is I'd have to agree with Bless' rationale of spending money on a third arcane pet. If gold is burning a hole in your pockets, I guess go for it. For the typical player, I wouldn't advise it as a goal to have. However, if you made the decision to buy him, I think you will still find Glacian to be very useful in team-oriented PvP, and maybe instances like soloing arena (if you partake in such endeavors). I have never cared much for his passive or arcane ability when compared to the other arcane pets. So I completely understand and agree with the fact you've yet to buy Glacian. I would say only buy him if you have "too much gold".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I've always considered Glacian to be a rogue favoring pet. However, my opinion is partially based on my experience of playing a rogue at L31 cap during season 4, and I have not played one since. It seems to me that +10% crit is always going to be useful, and when stacked consistently throughout a map yields devastating damage output. I understand that +10% damage is the preferred stat to have, but I think with the +25 Dex also boosting your damage, the numbers will be comparable if not higher with the higher crit chance. Now days, +10% crit will bring most rogues to around 43-45%, right? Lastly, the +15 Str offers a decent amount of HPs, and the mana + m/r, although not a huge amount, is always helpful to the rogue who keeps running out.

Of course, you already know all of this and I only typed it up for other curious players to read. My answer specifically to you, Apollo, is I'd have to agree with Bless' rationale of spending money on a third arcane pet. If gold is burning a hole in your pockets, I guess go for it. For the typical player, I wouldn't advise it as a goal to have. However, if you made the decision to buy him, I think you will still find Glacian to be very useful in team-oriented PvP, and maybe instances like soloing arena (if you partake in such endeavors). I have never cared much for his passive or arcane ability when compared to the other arcane pets. So I completely understand and agree with the fact you've yet to buy Glacian. I would say only buy him if you have "too much gold".
    Totally agree, samael is better stat wise because it has 25 dex, 10% dmg AND 10% crit along with more mana.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks! I think, in light of this, what I should do is save up for the upcoming arcane pet and use my money on him. I'm honestly very curious to see what will trump the OP Samael.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Thanks! I think, in light of this, what I should do is save up for the upcoming arcane pet and use my money on him. I'm honestly very curious to see what will trump the OP Samael.
    It wont be raw stats that will get the betterof sammy, it'll be the percentage stats.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Yeah, I think with many holidays and seasonal events coming up, there will be plenty of things to spend gold on. Leave Glacian out in the cold for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah, I think with many holidays and seasonal events coming up, there will be plenty of things to spend gold on. Leave Glacian out in the cold for now
    Haha, I see what you did there. I'm out of thanks though!

@Bless Agreed, although if the new arcane pet doesn't contain a stun, then Samael might arguably be better. Right now, Samael's main weakness is the lower health of all arcane pets. This makes it harder to survive one hits from bosses in PvE & one combos from other players in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    no.
    I'll buy it if you don't come back! -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Give me the money Parth. I'm in dire need of phatty lootz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Maybe they won't make one that's better - they could make one totally different than the current 3!
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

In a team pvp environment, it is useful to have all 3. Remember and take into account that pet buffs of the same pet do not stack. If no one one your teammates uses Glacian, use a different pet for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If I were you I'd save my money for next campaign when there will most likely be a new lvl41 rogue arcane weapon. Or you can donate to the Energizeric Arcane Staff Fund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

bet when that ap comes out with having at least 3 arcane pets this thread will be worthless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4