Thread: Roleplaying and fun tend to get scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Roleplaying and fun tend to get scarce

Was the other night in a good company, for a change, and it made me realize how poorly most of our fellow gamers behave.
    Usually when starting in a new room you're hardly greeted by people. When you try to comment or bring a few elements of roleplay, in 95% of the cases, no-one answers. As if they didn't know how to type. Or maybe they would risk NOT TO get the 45022th kill of the day as quickly if they would talk for 30 seconds.

Then it was a delight to meet people who have a different relation ! Earwax, if you're around, thank you for that, you made my day (or night).

We had a troll with us, I think... Was spamming everyone with "I need 3 k to buy something"... "can someone give me 3k"... (and in private was asking me if I would sell the loot I just received !).
    Then changed his tune to "I need XP".

I have to say the party had fun with him - up to a point where we got tired.

extracts :
    (troll) - I need XP !
    (me) - Oh really ? what for ?
    (earwax) - For like, um, going to next level, um, you mean ?

(troll coming back after a pause)
    (earwax) - ohhh man, you just missed it !
    (troll) - what ? what ?
    (earwax) - we just got an awful lot of pinks !
    (me) - got a 50 M/s regen staff ! and more
    (troll) - oh nnooo !

Nice to do more than just monsterslaying sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe they should add a roleplay forum here. It would be easier to perform in the forums rather than in-game. If you see me on when I become a higher level, I have no issues participating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Hehe, we've done almost the same thing before. For a second I couldn't remember where but I just remembered it was Nightmares. Bear was running in and out, so a group of mages had some fun. Boy, did we pop a lot of pinks. I'm sure I personally got my 25th JUST before the guy showed up.

Which reminds me...

Yesterday, I showed up in Ao3 only to find a teammate blasting away and very diligently, at that. Nice fireballs. She was very intently trying to destroy...

little ole' bandage-wrapped... me. Took me a minute: Um, what's she firing at? Hey! And here I thought my maggots were whiter than the other mummies' maggots.

And then...
    when all the other mummies piled on for a hug fest, she blasted at me again! *sniffle* I was VERY hurt. VERY.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my alien has been blasted at, too! Like when I'm the only one in the corner and everyone is STILL attacking! They mostly stop when I move. Mostly.

By the way, anyone clean the walls in Ao3 lately? They're VERY dusty, you know.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-08-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lool i love "crocs" in swamps, and even more "Yetis" in Lost... and i think its time for "skeletons" in Skeller...

'cause, you know, 1.5 is never coming out lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Hehe, we've done almost the same thing before. For a second I couldn't remember where but I just remembered it was Nightmares. Bear was running in and out, so a group of mages had some fun. Boy, did we pop a lot of pinks. I'm sure I personally got my 25th JUST before the guy showed up.

Which reminds me...

Yesterday, I showed up in Ao3 only to find a teammate blasting away and very diligently, at that. Nice fireballs. She was very intently trying to destroy...

little ole' bandage-wrapped... me. Took me a minute: Um, what's she firing at? Hey! And here I thought my maggots were whiter than the other mummies' maggots.

And then...
    when all the other mummies piled on for a hug fest, she blasted at me again! *sniffle* I was VERY hurt. VERY.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my alien has been blasted at, too! Like when I'm the only one in the corner and everyone is STILL attacking! They mostly stop when I move. Mostly.

By the way, anyone clean the walls in Ao3 lately? They're VERY dusty, you know.
    LOL u really cracked me up with the above. LMAO all over the place ;-)
    TeflonTank ~ Lvl 48 Tank | TeflonBird ~ Lvl 45 Archer | DrVoodoo ~ Lvl 45 Mage | TeflonWizard ~ Lvl 50 INTBear | TeflonSniper ~ Lvl 48 DEXBear | TeflonHobbit ~ Lvl 47 DEXMage | MrVooDoo ~ Lvl 35 INTBirdie | Pink Market Here
    "Your words give great insight into who you are"