Thread: Best ways to not noob around

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Best ways to not noob around

I came across a team yesterday "practicing for the elite dungeon" by not using pots. Mind you it was lv 34-37, so don't freak out thinking mynas lv50's here.

Got me thinking... what is the exact system for awesomeness? Here is my guess... after playing some swamps and Skeller with a str bird, not taking a scratch, you get a nice chance to just look around...

1) Watch out for teammates
    MAGES
    -It should be obvious that you wont be able to kill LeChomp if your tank is out cold. I see mages just standing there, and only (if at all) rev AFTER the fight is over... or they die. this honestly goes all the way, all levels. I would hope that by swamps they learned it, but... look, your mana is better spent revving them RIGHT when they die than using a few skills, just to die yourself. spread the word, this is by far the worst nooby behavior.
    -ps: heal. a lot. the reason l33ty bear tanks are so grumpy to mages is because of a bad lvling up period, where they were surrounded by enemies over and over again, but no healing from mages. just... auto attack...
    BIRDS
    -These guys are the king of hurt, more so than that King of Pain in the Skeller campaign (lolz) so please find out how to hurt even more. Simple trick: use, in this order, focus, break armor, shattering scream, blast shot. maybe even skip the fist two, but just makeing that combo is the important part. Extra info on shattering scream, plan ahead with a bear to use a shattering scream, then their hellscream. actually triggers terror, which might be even better for bosses.
    -talk to mages, and teach them the nature strike combo. any form of roots closely followed by lightning will cause massive damage. if they turn out to be dumb, then just watch out for yourself, time how and when they use lightning, and use your roots accordingly. you will be able to tell, like when charging into mobs and such.
    BEARS
    -Your job is to keep the enemy stunned as long as possible, while everyone else pounds away with stronger skills and weapons. best tactic, trust me. keep your usages of iron blood and evade for when you need it, and you will survive anything with a few good potions.
    -dont give up on Beckon; it starts weak, but ends epic. It's like a freaking Jedi pull (copyright to Royce). in conjunction with stomp, you can send you target anywhere, but most notably a corner... because grouping all the enemies together is the best way to get the most out of your aoe (area of effect) skills and debuffs. You use some wall or corner so they cant just disperse. works wonders to beckon them all in, and move a little out to stomp them all the way into the corner, then have mages and birds blast away. rinse and repeat as skills cooldown.
    -I feel that crippling slash is not given enough credit. If you use it on a boss, and DONT MOVE HIM, he is actually completely immobile. It's a saver for a group full of weaker mages and birds. one level is enough to keep the enemy out of the glass canon's hair.

I want feedback, and do feel it should be stickied. very strongly thank you.
    Last edited by Arterra; 11-08-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...