Thread: Twink?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The first time I "twinked" in a mmo was in the early days of Asheron's Call when Microsoft still owned it around 2001. Everyone did it to an extant, even from common drops. It was a headache honestly, but it was part of the game then. Turbine is still putting out updates for the game, so I'm not sure what they have going on today. The restrictions for equipping items weren't by lvl, they were by your skill. If I could buff my skills high enough then I could use higher lvl gear. We would look for race specific items, because their skill lvls were usually lower. For example, equip lvl 2 arcane lore helm, then equip arcane lore 3 wand, replace helm with a str 3 helm, then finish up with your str 4 breastplate. If you died and got a vitae or death penalty your skills were penalized and you had to switch to your alt gear until penalty was worked off. My pack was full of crazy amounts of items just to equip one weapon or armor. The term has been around longer than online gaming tho, but not sure of its original roots other than dungeons and dragons.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonthan For This Useful Post: