Thread: Boss Difficulty

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Bosses have become a serious problem in this game. They are no longer fun, or even worth the effort, to kill. This totally kills the pick up and play aspect because it's impossible to advance through the game with a pick up party. While teaming up with friends is important, you should be able to advance just fine with a pick up, after all, this game is designed around the fast pick up play style.

So what's wrong with the bosses? They're boring, cheap, and take forever to kill. They have no true difficulty. Just give each boss a million HP, spawn a million mobs and/or status effects that make you immobile, and then throw in a cheap gimmick that really does nothing but make the fight more annoying because of the previous reasons listed.

Look, I'm all about cool gimmicks to make the fights exciting and even a nice difficulty level that might take a party a few tries to get the kill. But all this cheapness with uber HP levels and cheap mob/immobile spam ruins it. Has STS truly forgotten how to make a fun, engaging, and difficult battle that doesn't take 20 minutes to complete and makes it worth people's time to finish it? I think they may have. Bosses in the big boy mmos aren't even this cheap and ridiculous and offer a true challenge without taking 5 years to kill.

STS needs to drop the current path of destruction they're on and remind themselves why they got into this business to begin with, and that is to focus on imagination and innovation to make fun and engaging mmo games. I've seen a lack of imagination, innovative, fun, and engagement recently from STS. What do you think?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Bastok; 10-19-2013 at 06:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bastok For This Useful Post: