Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spread Some Knowledge Challenge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Spread Some Knowledge Challenge

Spread Some Knowledge Challenge
    Finally, this nooby Rogue has capped. In celebration of this, I am going to host an event!

Oct. 23 Update!
    I have been fortunate in the past two days of farming, so I have decided to double the gold payout on this contest in the hopes that it sparks more interest. Remember that this is a contest to develop a solid guide so that someone who is new to elite maps can follow along and be an effective runner. General tips, while very much appreciated, are not a guide. At this point, given what I have seen in game, I believe that elite Kraken guides would be very much appreciated by the community considering that most folks do not run them very often. Other good candidates could be Elite Ferrix and Elite Overgrowth as they seem to be farmed by many of the pro elite runners and the drops there can turn a mainstream player into a millionaire off of a single kill.

UPDATE: Voicy has offered to add a 25k bonus to the winning entry! Winning entry now pays out 225k + the gear!

Oct. 30 Update!
    It seems that this Halloween event has taken up everyone's time! Kudo's to STS for a fun event, but unfortunately it has kind of derailed this contest. So, I am going to extend this contest for another two weeks and announce winners on November 14th.

I will continue increasing the prize pool as the deadline approaches, possibly with some of the Halloween event items and/or more gold, so please get your entries in.

UPDATE: Alfai has offered to contribute 10 locked crates to this event as well, so please note the increased loot in the rewards below.

Contest Closed - Nov. 14, 2013
    At this point, I have summarized all entries in this post here

I will discuss this and announce the winners tomorrow. Thank you all for participating!

Your Task - If you choose to accept it
    As many of you know, I run elite maps a lot. I have written up several articles detailing effective strategies for certain maps, and I would like to share more information for those who are new to elite runs. For this contest, I challenge you to provide an informative article that illustrates how to run an elite map. The map is of your own choosing. To enter this contest, create a new thread that details how to run an elite map, best pull locations, party tactics, etc., and reply to this post with your article link.

Please remember to include your in-game name so you may be contacted if you are a prize winner.

I will choose three winners, based on the quality of the content, and award the following prizes:

Rewards
    1st Prize:
    • Lv35 Architect Quills of Brutality
    • Lv35 Architect Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Architect Armor of Will
    • 100k -->200k (Doubled) --> 225k (+25k Courtesy of Voicy)
    • 5 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

2nd Prize:
    • Lv35 Noble Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Noble Doublet of Will
    • 50k --> 100k (Doubled)
    • 3 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

3rd Prize:
    • 50k --> 100k (Doubled)
    • 2 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

Examples can be found in my Elite Chronices series of articles:

Judging
    Judging will be based purely upon content. The better the content, the better your chances of winning. I will discuss the entries with members of my guild, <Elite Runners> and together, we will decide upon the top three entries.

Award Date
    I don't like dragging out contests. With that said, and knowing that there is an upcoming Halloween event, we will review all entries received up until November 14, 2013. Winners will be contacted via in-game private message. Good luck!
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 11-14-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Doubled gold payouts! Added +25k kicker from Voicy Added 10 Locked Crates from Alfai, Extended Deadline

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Contestants:
    Elite Crystal Caverns Walkthrough - Zuzeq
    Gladiator Arena Walkthrough - Soundlesskill (AKA Voicy)
    Elite Oltgar Keep Walkthrough - Alfai
    Elite Rooks Nest Walkthrough - Cremated (AKA Obliviuos)
    Elite Forest Breach - Patrick Tan (AKA Patricktch)

Judgement:
    1st Prize: Zuzeq (Elite Crystal Caverns Walkthrough)
    Very well written guide for a map that not many choose to run. Extra points awarded for a guide written from a Solo Sorcerer perspective. Wonderfully done, well documented tactics, especially the part regarding use of Vixen to combat the pull and smash boss attack. Congratulations!

2nd Prize: Voicy (Gladiator Arena Walkthrough) (PAID)
    Fun and information packed guide for arena fights. Thank you for highlighting the corner approach to combat Ruger (not many know about this tactic). Also, for those reading it, pay attention towards the end of the guide where Voicy mentions best practices to minimize the impact of the various environmentals. Nice Work!

3rd Prize: Alfai (Elite Oltgar Keep Walkthrough) (PAID)
    I have personally taken the walk of shame too many times to count, and I can attest that it can be hairy for a squishy Rogue. Thank you for the guidance on how to avoid so much aggro. Bad enough that you have to take the walk of shame, worse when you die (again) doing it. Awesome work as always!

Honorable Mention: Patrick Tan (Elite Forest Breach) (HELD BY WKIAT UNTIL PAT RETURNS)
    A three pull Ferrix run is pure beast mode! Terrific work! (Not sure how you were able to get screen shots while standing in purple goo) Thanks for the tip on the hut respawn shortcut - it will save many runners a few plat revivies :-)

Prizes:
    1st - Zuzeq
    • Lv35 Architect Quills of Brutality
    • Lv35 Architect Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Architect Armor of Will
    • 5 Locked Crates

2nd - Soundlesskill
    • Lv35 Noble Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Noble Doublet of Will
    • 3 Locked Crates

3rd - Alfai
    • 2 Locked Crates

Honorable Mention - Patrick Tan
    • Vlad Egg

Special Thanks:
    Special thanks goes out to Voicy and Alfai for their contributions to this contest.

Also, thank you to everyone for their entries, and thanks to the readers who thumbed up the posts!

May your runs be elite and your drops legendary!
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 11-15-2013 at 03:11 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

* Deleted and reposted to bump your reserved post *

First off, grats on finally capping, noob! This contest looks great - good luck everyone!
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Bump....

Come on guys, there is a lot of skilled players out there, I hope that people start entering and sharing some good tips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Mage solo Elite Crystal Caverns,

Most people know me as an Assassin, but to solo with a maxed out Rogue would be no fun. It may seem unconventional for a Mage to solo...like any elite map thats not Kraken and below. Well if you ever need that last Nordr elite boss and can't find a party or you're just plain ol' bored the following is how it's done.

Name:  CC pull 1.JPG
Views: 1421
Size:  236.7 KB

First is the three spiders at the start that some how seem to go down pretty easy compared to his friends coming up. To maintain proper control of CC spiders you want to drop Time Shift, Charged Fire Ball, Charged Ice, uncharged Light and repeat. This combo coupled with the proper timing of Ethyal's abilty pretty much shuts these spiders down.

Name:  CC pull 2.JPG
Views: 1436
Size:  242.6 KB

Next is a group of 3/4 spiders that go down easy if you put your back to the wall you see to your left. Using the same combo stated above they shouldn't give you too much trouble.

Name:  CC pull 3.JPG
Views: 1395
Size:  239.2 KB

Here is where things get a lil hot. Now you have to overgrown Glacians to deal with in the same pull. In a party these guys are busy trying to shut up screaming Tank or being pulled of of you by the agro from a Rogue's Aim Shot...but today it's just you and these boys all but ignore Fire Ball and Ice Bolt. This is where the timing of your Time Shift and Ethyal's ability is key. What I like to do is keep these guys up front so theyre the only ones who catch the Light strike. How I do this is, Drop Time, get in so I'm standing next to the Glacians (spam pots out of fear), let go of a charged Fireball to push back the bow users and spiders, then run back to my front position and let go of a Light strike. It's the same combo, but on a straight line pivet (back and forth). It's hard to do, but it's the best way to kill the big guys first. (and yes I died once here...lol).

Name:  CC 4 pull.JPG
Views: 1520
Size:  247.2 KB

Next is a small group of bow users and melee mobs. If you avoid the bow users red zones and use the combo they shouldn't give you much trouble.

Name:  CC pull 4.JPG
Views: 1447
Size:  255.4 KB

Next is a group of mostly spiders and one bow user. Some how these spider's push back proc hits a lil more often than others. I use the same control comco but move Fire Ball to the last skill out of fear of the push. When I get pushed I instantly begin to charge Fire Ball and let it go for the stun. This gives you the chance to get back into position of control.

Name:  CC pull 5.JPG
Views: 1462
Size:  245.3 KB

Next is a small group of spiders, one bow user and one big guy. Stick to the control combo and you will be fine (even know I died here due to the next clock drop failing) After these mobs, switch to a speed pet and make your way to the boss area.

Name:  CC last pull.JPG
Views: 1395
Size:  241.9 KB

You will need to kill one more mob for the boss to spawn, drop that clock and run through the combo.

I couldnt post the boss fight and boss dead pics due to me getting some "private" PMs (which also caused my third death this run) I use Vixen for this boss for his push ability. As a staff user you need to keep this boss away from the ice patches so you can stay in good space. Vixen also saves your life, when the boss is setting up for that "pull you in and on shot you" move Vixen just pushes him away and that red zone with him. If you keep moving, use proper timing with Vixen it's a done deal.

9mins and change
    3 deaths
    Elite Silver Warchest
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 10-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

arena counted as ? LOL

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    arena counted as ? LOL
    Sure, why not.

The point is simply to give mainstream players more knowledge and strategies to work with instead of farming KM3 and/or Jarl over and over and over.

I may increase the prizes if I like the responses (just looted a Kelvin egg today), so stay tuned :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

You capped? Awesome Kali!
    Ps. I'm bad doing elites so..
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sariita View Post
    You capped? Awesome Kali!
    Ps. I'm bad doing elites so..

No worries, come join me for a few runs, I'll show you the ropes on some of my favorite elite maps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Ya i would like to do some elites with you
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Tips For Elite:-

*Don't Keep Your Steps back if archers are there when your health is low they can kill you & they are ranged

*Attack enemy by enemy or the DMG taken will be more

*Always attack in a group

*always have a warrior and 2 rougue and one mage

*the loot is depending upon the time u take the lesser the time is the better the loot is

*try to use skills like healing and arcane shield because elite is not very easy as normal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Bump!

Just pointing out that I have doubled the gold payout on this contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .Sorc. View Post
    Tips For Elite:-

*Don't Keep Your Steps back if archers are there when your health is low they can kill you & they are ranged

*Attack enemy by enemy or the DMG taken will be more

*Always attack in a group

*always have a warrior and 2 rougue and one mage

*the loot is depending upon the time u take the lesser the time is the better the loot is

*try to use skills like healing and arcane shield because elite is not very easy as normal
    might wanna edit your post dude. Your facts are false.

*warrior is not even needed this season to tank tbh. I've done all the shuyal maps with mages or rogues alone.
    *unless they did some secret update, Your making this up. You could take 30 minutes on a run and still have the same drop chance as someone who did it in 8.
    * The best mages I know don't even have heal or arcane spell. They are fully offensive and thats why they are so effective.

your other tips are decent. and will help newer players but please don't try confusing them saying they always need a warrior or always need 2 rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Amazing contest, GoodSyn!

If you could find me in game I'd like to donate 25k to the contest

I believe this Is the right way of AL, sorry for the low money budget, I'm a bit broke at the moment.

IGN: Voicy

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

HOWDY, I am going to show you how to survive the Arena.

Before you enter

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  39.6 KB

Claim your daily awards, those you Of Course didn't take before you had to go farm, before farming.

Views: 1272
Size:  13.5 KB

Always remember to have a decent amount of pots before entering an elite area. I suggest somewhere between 1-2k mana and HP pots, for rouges at least

Anyways lets enter..

Views: 1374
Size:  212.5 KB

O'HAI!

First boss

GLOB

Views: 1328
Size:  203.0 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1348
Size:  198.6 KB

His red zone is a dead K.O to every class and unfortunately he glitches, which means you best keep a safe distance when he attacks.

Pro Tip;
    If all members go stand where he spawns and stays there, kiting around him in a small area, you can assure he won't glitch.

When every boss is almost dead, remember to do the following:

Views: 1355
Size:  167.7 KB

Size:  214.0 KB

Always remember to switch back to your regular amulet before next boss spawns.

Views: 1338
Size:  166.6 KB

LORD MARDOM

Views: 1358
Size:  226.5 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1309
Size:  192.1 KB

This^ but also watch out for his sword stun attack. There really isn't much to Mardom, except you need to be a good potter to survive his red zone as the more squishy classes.

Tip:

Views: 1323
Size:  61.3 KB

MOTHER

Size:  213.8 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1313
Size:  232.6 KB

Views: 1322
Size:  203.7 KB

Views: 1302
Size:  215.2 KB

The only attack that really does a lot of damage is the first ons. His red zone can be a 1 shot if combo'd. His combo is when he stuns you and captures you in his red attack at the same time.

Tip
    Stay on his butt, or have a safe range. Prefer the first since the Environments play a big role in arena.

RUGTER

Views: 1283
Size:  194.1 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1298
Size:  201.1 KB

Assuming your party consist of at least 1 warrior, this will be handy. The corner were all your attacks will be at Rugter and were it's easier to inflict damage than if you were to run around with 5 rutgers behind you.

There is not real way to get rid of the hardcore poison doing 25%+ DoT (Damage Over Time). Not to talk about when he double poisons you. 50%+ DoT

Views: 1225
Size:  26.1 KB

However for the lazy farmers:

There's a way to pull only 1 rugter. You go go the opposite corner of in the pic below. You wait 20 seconds before a ranged attacker will go shoot 1 arrow or one fireball at rugter, then run back to the corner.

Views: 1321
Size:  213.9 KB

There is always a way to decipher who the real rugter is, in case of the above. The 1 who talks will always be the right rugter.

Views: 1221
Size:  235.3 KB

Views: 1302
Size:  143.1 KB

ANYWAYS

Vortex and Rugter is a no go combo, so unless you want to waste 5min. of your life with dying, then re-form the party.

FROSTIR

Views: 1266
Size:  212.0 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1221
Size:  214.5 KB

The thing about Frostir is that his red zone attacks are very fast. If you're right in his face when he does that attack you will have no chance of escaping.
    Frostir has a tenancy to buff the circular attack after the straight forward bull run and alaays use it after he enrages where he always will be running faster than normal.

He 1 shoots.

Views: 1252
Size:  211.1 KB

Whole party dies and you can't get back in. You'll have to re-form the party.

STAHL

Views: 1256
Size:  205.3 KB

What you should know:

Stahl moves in a pattern.

Views: 1250
Size:  204.7 KB

Views: 1282
Size:  219.4 KB

Views: 1266
Size:  210.6 KB

Views: 1361
Size:  223.8 KB

Views: 1226
Size:  198.7 KB

Views: 1245
Size:  212.9 KB

Views: 1241
Size:  219.3 KB

Repeat, unless the Environment is Pumpkins.
    The thing I wanna share here is that rouge should think more about when they place their veil. Place it so it fits both the spot where stahl is ATM and where he will move. Also syncing veil and possible arcane and regular pets. Fyi, Hammerjaw does not stack, so your eyes have to be good to see when to sync accordingly. Veil lasts about 8sec if you have 3 seconds longer upgraded.

BLOODHAMMER

Views: 1309
Size:  219.9 KB

What you want to do:

Views: 1236
Size:  183.9 KB

Views: 1219
Size:  187.3 KB

Stay out of BH's zones particularly, because he regens a considerably amount of HP if a player is hit.

Views: 1283
Size:  189.1 KB

1 Shooter weapon.

Views: 1191
Size:  192.1 KB

BH also has a 'jump' where he pushes you back, it's very powerful. Have not yet taken a pic because it's really hard to do from phone in close combat.

Facts About Environments

~ Purple Fog Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  18.2 KB The less you move, the lesser fog patches there will appear.

~ Proximity Curse Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  55.1 KB I'm standing in 2 curses in this picture. Also they steal both mana and HP

~ Vortex Crystal, for rouge, having the skill piercer will be very helpful, especially charged. Also running along the side of the arena in a circular motion will be helpful!

~ Pumpkins, like any other environment ALWAYS STAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MAP.

~ Spiders, less moving causes less spawn, same with purple fog. Keep in mind if you have stahl and spiders it'd be an idea to stay in the middle of the arena sniping only and not moving. Have the warr spam ribbits arcane ability as you go.

Things to know about last round of arena:

- You'll be fighting 4 bosses in total before you complete the Arena. At the 4th boss Hox will give you 1 extra item, meaning you'll get 2 drops, however you only get the extra item if you stay alive during the encounter OR stay dead until your teammates killed the boss.

Views: 1148
Size:  15.5 KB

Omg they keep dropping!

Views: 1205
Size:  116.4 KB

Luck magnet!

Views: 1197
Size:  51.1 KB

However this always crashes my party </3

Views: 1239
Size:  71.2 KB

Special rouge Guide build for the only purpose; farming the arena

Offensive

Aimed Shot 5/5
    Noxious Bolt 4/5, leave out range on nox.
    Shadow Piercer 2/5, (not sure of it's name) but it has a chance to lower enemies Armor with 15% or something.
    Shadow Veil 4/5, Obviously leave out explosion.

Passive

Damage 5/5
    Dext 5/5
    Int 5/5
    Str 5/5
    Crit 1/5
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 11-15-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Rouge Build.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This is an awesome constest i love goodsyntax im a noob and i totally look up to guys like you who are willing to help noobs like me! SoundlessKill is awesome too cause of his name and his donating, i would donate too but i dont even have a mythic so sucks for me and whoever im not donating to! Anyway id like to thank you goodsyntax i already thumbed you whish i could do it again anyway my ign is pyrobeast so maybe we can go elite sometime so you can embarrass me about my wimpy gear. I would also like to meet you, well meet you in the game! Also saw a couple guides on elite antee and kraken tombs in al guides they are pretty well done and i think alfai made em so i hope that helps some! Anyway goodluck thanks again i cant wait till some cool guides magicly pop up! Sincerly AL noob!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primeblades For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Never be embarrassed!

I, myself, do not own any Mythic or Arcane items/pet, and have been running this seasons elite maps as (up until just recently) a lv35 Nooby Rogue. This little contest pretty much wipes out everything that I have managed to save this season, but as many will tell you, I am always broke, have no top-end gear, but somehow manage to be successful in elite maps. Most of reason why I am capable of this is due to strategy, so my whole point of this contest and the other guides I have written is to share information so more players can be successful end-gamers!

This game, as with all MMO's, is heavily reliant on the social aspects for success. The more I can help others, the better the community becomes overall, so sharing tips and strategy really helps to make the game better. If everyone who has complained about how bad PUGs are spent just a few minutes teaching, then overall game-play would be better and there would be less complaining about how "bad" some PUGs are.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Added +25k to winning contribution, courtesy of Voicy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default special tips for elite

1. Use best gear of ur lvl for elite maps
    2. Always try to use ur lepree at the end when the boss is near to die not in the whole run
    3. Try to fight in group against mobs instead fighting alone
    4.. Far better loot is there for u all in elte maps than normal
    5. I hve receive eggs such as wrathjaw,snaggletoo,kettle,malison from elite maps only
    BAUDAV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Guys, I am looking for guides, not just a couple of drive by tips.

Please read the OP in it's entirety and refer to the guides that I have written, and the the guides that Alfai and Alrisaia have written.

Additional examples of useful information can be found in the <Elite Runners> Public Forum Group

Make your guides comprehensive.

Guides involve some work screen-shotting, practicing your strategy and detailing what works best, how an effective party should operate, when to trigger pet arcane ability, etc. These things aren't just a handful of bullet points, which is why I am putting up so much in the way of prize money for this. I recognize the level of effort required to develop a great guide, and I am making the payouts reflect it. This is not intended to be a make money fast contest, and ultimately the goal is to give fellow players resources to turn to when they are ready to make that leap into elite maps.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: