Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Spread Some Knowledge Challenge

Spread Some Knowledge Challenge
    Finally, this nooby Rogue has capped. In celebration of this, I am going to host an event!

Oct. 23 Update!
    I have been fortunate in the past two days of farming, so I have decided to double the gold payout on this contest in the hopes that it sparks more interest. Remember that this is a contest to develop a solid guide so that someone who is new to elite maps can follow along and be an effective runner. General tips, while very much appreciated, are not a guide. At this point, given what I have seen in game, I believe that elite Kraken guides would be very much appreciated by the community considering that most folks do not run them very often. Other good candidates could be Elite Ferrix and Elite Overgrowth as they seem to be farmed by many of the pro elite runners and the drops there can turn a mainstream player into a millionaire off of a single kill.

UPDATE: Voicy has offered to add a 25k bonus to the winning entry! Winning entry now pays out 225k + the gear!

Oct. 30 Update!
    It seems that this Halloween event has taken up everyone's time! Kudo's to STS for a fun event, but unfortunately it has kind of derailed this contest. So, I am going to extend this contest for another two weeks and announce winners on November 14th.

I will continue increasing the prize pool as the deadline approaches, possibly with some of the Halloween event items and/or more gold, so please get your entries in.

UPDATE: Alfai has offered to contribute 10 locked crates to this event as well, so please note the increased loot in the rewards below.

Contest Closed - Nov. 14, 2013
    At this point, I have summarized all entries in this post here

I will discuss this and announce the winners tomorrow. Thank you all for participating!

Your Task - If you choose to accept it
    As many of you know, I run elite maps a lot. I have written up several articles detailing effective strategies for certain maps, and I would like to share more information for those who are new to elite runs. For this contest, I challenge you to provide an informative article that illustrates how to run an elite map. The map is of your own choosing. To enter this contest, create a new thread that details how to run an elite map, best pull locations, party tactics, etc., and reply to this post with your article link.

Please remember to include your in-game name so you may be contacted if you are a prize winner.

I will choose three winners, based on the quality of the content, and award the following prizes:

Rewards
    1st Prize:
    • Lv35 Architect Quills of Brutality
    • Lv35 Architect Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Architect Armor of Will
    • 100k -->200k (Doubled) --> 225k (+25k Courtesy of Voicy)
    • 5 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

2nd Prize:
    • Lv35 Noble Helm of Will
    • Lv35 Noble Doublet of Will
    • 50k --> 100k (Doubled)
    • 3 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

3rd Prize:
    • 50k --> 100k (Doubled)
    • 2 Locked Crates (Courtesy of Alfai)

Examples can be found in my Elite Chronices series of articles:

Judging
    Judging will be based purely upon content. The better the content, the better your chances of winning. I will discuss the entries with members of my guild, <Elite Runners> and together, we will decide upon the top three entries.

Award Date
    I don't like dragging out contests. With that said, and knowing that there is an upcoming Halloween event, we will review all entries received up until November 14, 2013. Winners will be contacted via in-game private message. Good luck!
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 11-14-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Doubled gold payouts! Added +25k kicker from Voicy Added 10 Locked Crates from Alfai, Extended Deadline

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: