Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10K Gold= 1 Plat??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    @Banned, like was already brought up, we aren't setting a limit. There does need to be a gold dump of some sort though. As Dilarus mentioned, gametime vs minimum wage can be easily worked out. 100k to 1platinum... w/e. Yes servers need to stay up and running, but if you are never going to pay... its going to take a long time at lvl 13 to acquire 100k. If you are level 30, like i said, you probably squatting doing nothing more but basically testing for the community and providing feedback. This may not be true for everyone... but generally if you are waiting around long enough you are going to show up the site to atleast look for news of the new updates.

I like galazy's alternative... but as he mentioned, it has problems as well.

I think we can all agree that we need Gold dumps. This would be an alternative. Its not a free service, i think that as contributing members we are doing something for the game and community. We advertise to our friends to get the game, we basically test and provide feedback. This gives incentive to keep playing the game after you have reached your level cap, in a productive manner.

I don't think this is the only solution, and obviously i know it is up to the developers. We are trying to have a civil conversation about the hows, whys, and why nots. I'd love to hear your defense to why it may not work or other alternatives, but dont be a jack-*** and just say "no it wont work". We know it isn't currently working, its not in the game.
    Yes. We need a gold dump. But platinum is not the way to do it. And it will never be, because it is just taking away from the Dev's money source. Which is why it wont work.

/ oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    Yes. We need a gold dump. But platinum is not the way to do it. And it will never be, because it is just taking away from the Dev's money source. Which is why it wont work.

It can also be seen as an investment in the money source by giving players a reason to stick around and bring their friends. I dont know how many games have "offers" for free in game money.... but how many times do you actually use all of them? I know I dont. There gets to be a point at which the offers usually get ridiculous. If you are really determined you might do them, but most of the time they require to much time and effort. i think this is the same concept. Set a limit that is achievable, but to a ridiculous extent. You are actually more likely this way to end up with people to get half way there (getting people to play the game and make the investment of their own time, etc... get themselves addicted to the game) and then become impatient and buy the levels anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ya well I talked with the dev, and he basicly said they just want to keep the two economies seperate. Don't blame them a bit. They need the money, but I do think it would be a good idea to trade platnium/gold ingame.
    "This has better graphics then real life!"