Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Finish , I Won't Pay Anymore Too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MurdocX View Post
    You should probably learn to spell properly before publicly throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old.
    Here We Go Again .
    I'm Not The Kid Here , If You're Not Happy Of My Post , Then Keep Your Mouth Shut , Because You Know That I Was Gonna Defend Myself .

Err .. Always Someone To Post Something NOT NICE Behind Me .

--"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You should probably learn to spell properly before publicly throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old.
    Really? You do know that many people on here are typing on an iPhone, right? Which, unless you have baby fingers, typos are likely to abound. And auto correct can sometimes make things worse rather than better. Jeez. Talk about pointless comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Really? You do know that many people on here are typing on an iPhone, right? Which, unless you have baby fingers, typos are likely to abound. And auto correct can sometimes make things worse rather than better. Jeez. Talk about pointless comments.
    When you post on a mobile device it says clearly under the post "Made via mobile device".

It makes no difference either way. This is the 5th thread made on the same rants others made, it's just spam. I'm surprised no one else has trolled yet. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67
    Actually headshot gives 75 xp...

...IN MODERN COMBAT 2 BLACK PEGASUS LOL!!!!!!
    IGN: MurdocX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Thanks ... Geez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Um.. I'm using an iPhone and I see no such message on the bottom of my post. I don't think I've ever seen it on the forum, actually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

When you post on a mobile device it says clearly under the post "Made via mobile device".
    nope i dont put mine under mobile mode. no pics, harder navigation, just worse.
    if i went into mobile mode on my comp right now, it would say made from mobile :/
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

proof
    /chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    proof
    /chars
    Ah ok now I see. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blah, it usually does. Again though, you guys manage to make decent posts from your devices and don't talk the way he was talking. Exclaimation points, multiple question marks, capitalization at every word, c'mon. That's for 11 year olds.

It doesn't matter though, making more threads on the same thing as the other 9 topics that were posted 5 minutes before helps no one. It's just throwing a tantrum and adding to the chaos. People like this need to be trolled. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I didn't even know whose spelling you were insulting -- I just felt the need to defend, since I often have typos on here. Then I look back and I'm like WTF did I just say?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Blah, it usually does. Again though, you guys manage to make decent posts from your devices and don't talk the way he was talking. Exclaimation points, multiple question marks, capitalization at every word, c'mon. That's for 11 year olds.
    why do you make it so easy for me??

I ALWAYS capp a lot, and often use 2-3 of !

am not joking

if I cant do it in a forum where CAN I?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Masterchief didn't you just beg to get unbanned? Now you are complaining?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duhchi View Post
    Masterchief didn't you just beg to get unbanned? Now you are complaining?
    Random post proves my point.

Thank you sir. You are full of win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Players have a right to complain, and yall have a right to troll those complaint or defend the devs until the forum policies are changed.

That said... it seems like players would be happier if they had a chance to pay for real game development rather than aesthetic character alterations. The consignment shop on the other hand has been desperately needed in this game since it was made, and having to pay as much as a squaresoft or sega app just to have 10 slots and a feasible ability to use the Auction house its leaves a bad taste in many players mouths. That said the devs are know for minor alterations in their prices. They start high and see who will bite, and the lower it to try to get more people pay, sadly at the expense of excited or hardcore players who will pay for stuff on the first day of a release.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Don't complain they don't charge you a dime. They offer a free game with "extended benefits". They could charge you monthly and have no incentive to come out with new updates. I'd rather get blasted with expensive prices for one update that will last months rather than paying a monthly fee to play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

STS is never going to do anything right according to you all, would it be better if they charged a monthly fee and everything was free? People would still complain if there was a monthly fee for this game. No one is forcing you to buy anything other than the map packs which are needed to level up, everything else is aesthetics. My questions to all is, how many hours have you played the game in total? I bet it's many hours and hours of FREE playtime, that are given to you for FREE.
    IGN: jacblac, mynasbear, mynasbird, mynasmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

STS has done plenty right cause we were there to see it done, unlike many of you posters who just started playing. Why you think these updates "last months" pharcyde is beyond me, a chronic problem is how fast players reach the level cap or finish new content, and quite frankly some of the pricing makes a month charge much cheaper for players who want to experience the full game. In fact the reason it is so much is precisely because those players have to pay for the server costs so that those who dont pay a dime can play as well.

So yes, it would be better to get a monthly fee for the player who wants to fully experience the game, but it wouldn't be better for STS given the games platform and target audience. And its never free deathdealer, unless you want to be stuck in the dark forest at level 18 i believe... it used to be level 13 in forest haven. You will always at least pay for the map packs.

Despite many... how shall i say... "emotional rants," there are plenty of people who simply say what they like and dont like. I like many aspects of the update... the UI has never looked better. However there are several key areas where development isnt taking place because going back and fixing old problems doesn't create new revenue for STS, and sadly the devs don't seem to spend their time focusing on those problems. Its those basic problems with the class system, the stat system, and in particular pvp combat that stifle replay value and make long time players reevaluate our spending habits on platinum.
    Last edited by Azrael; 11-09-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Azrael, you misunderstood my post, I said no one is forcing you to buy anything other than the map pack, which are needed to level up, everything else is aesthetics.

Do you need a new face to continue playing the game?
    Do you need a new hat to continue playing the game?
    IGN: jacblac, mynasbear, mynasbird, mynasmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All this is getting no where….

The argument of “Devs needs to feed families ….” Oh please, do you actually think if they didn’t make enough to feed their families they would stick around… obliviously comments from people who don’t work and still in school.

Anyway….STS has seen a bit of a positive momentum lately in the press etc so like any small business, its going to their head and so charging more and more for content no matter how small and superficial. This is their right and their product so no one should complain…. If you don’t work and don’t have money to pay for it then ask you parents and if you work and can afford it but think its too expensive, then don’t pay for it, you’re an adult right so make a decision…. geezzzz

In my view, if you don’t like it, then boycott it and don’t pay another dime for content… I can see that as they keep charging more and more, the younger kids will not be able to afford it anyway and for the people who can afford it can stop paying… in due time STS will start seeing a drop in revenue and will have to act on it. Either decrease prices or stop the game.

With the introduction of Android and possibly other platforms of this game… the bunch of us complaining would do squat. If this business model is truly flawed, they will know after a few months after Android users make the same complains…. When all platforms are up and it gets to the time that all users are fed up and everyone stops paying, then STS as 2 choices.. Either decrease the prices or close the game down. What ever the decision is, for the foreseeable short term future, they will continue to make money off the players.

It all comes down to the business strategy of STS, make a quick buck and run or here for the longer term. If they are here for the longer term then we need to wait another yr so all the platforms are running and see if other peoples feel the same way.. who knows, maybe all the Android users pay for every little thing, in which case makes all your complaining a useless point.

If you think its too expensive, then don’t pay is the bottom line.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
    Azrael, you misunderstood my post, I said no one is forcing you to buy anything other than the map pack, which are needed to level up, everything else is aesthetics.

Do you need a new face to continue playing the game?
    Do you need a new hat to continue playing the game?
    No but thats not my point, and i believe masterchiefs real gripe is the consignment shop anyway, which should be considered and integral part of the game. I have never liked or supported the aesthetic aspects of the game (well.. i did but a beret after a month when i was less the somber shall we say...). My point is that the players do have a right to express there frustration in a constructive manner (complain), especially those players who have played the game for a long time and have supported PL in the past.

and actually you did exactly say that you bet we get many many hours of free play time, so i understood your post perfectly; you just misspoke and have now clarified it.

Edit: and for the record the prices are not really my concern. Id happily pay for 10 slots on the consignment shop for 5-10 dollars if the pvp combat was relatively decent, leveling took longer, and if pve content and itemization (and the item stat system) was improved. on that note the rush nerf is a great step forward, however quite frankly its just another patch over a great problem, that being that with the current class and stat system, players are even capable of running through 50-100 mobs in the first place. Id pay boat loads of money to play the game if i felt it would satisfy me.
    Last edited by Azrael; 11-09-2010 at 10:52 PM.