Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Suggestion] Combined pet stable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Combined pet stable?

pretty pleaaase

i think combining pet stable in one account will be pretty fun,

considering (some are trivial :P):
    1. pets has similar aspect with normal toon, having exp, stats, skills, etc
    2. yet, pets are continuously released, capping pets for multiple toon will become endless things to do
    3. gears can be shared, but pet can't
    4. exclusive pets more to come (nightshade, shady & surge, and partially arcane pets)
    5. some pets are bought using real money, it should be bound to a person -> an account
    6. not many people buy same pets for another toon he/she has (especially hard-to-afford pets)
    7. there is almost no difference between making new account or making another alts, which make paying plat/tokens to create alts lose almost all of its meaning
    8. it is bs with all the things about arcane pet market, anything that is not limited are meant to become cheaper by time, as an example, mythic weapons market are stable and people don't need to buy another same bow for their alts (yes there are many people with same class alts), why? because it is limited
    9. i know it is painful for people who already opened same pets in other alts, but i believe it is a necessary change, for next/future/to be released pets...
    it's pain in the *ss to level and open new pets several times, again and again
    10. where the logic that pet must be bound to a toon comes from? it say it is a wrongly put limitation by sts
    11. and as for sns users, they deserve it with all the gold/time spent to get sns, and it's not like they can play with more than one character at once, meaning that the number of sns existed in AL world is still the same, also if the said user can rule pvp with their alt, it means there is something wrong with the balance of class in pvp, blame these, not shared pet stable...
    12. with the recent release of stampy which is made to counter sns (cmiiw), sts should release sns again, buff/nerf sns and several pets to make them have balanced/equal power
    13. the recent release of pet animancy have succeeded in increasing eggs valuation, because it's now become reusable, shareable between alt in some way, yet, market didn't crash even though no one will need to buy multiple eggs anymore. another reason why talk about market crashing with shared pet stable is based on false predicament.

additional resctrictions:

1. to make sure it won't hurt the balance of pvp in low level characters: cap pet stats to match the character's level, pet's stats unlike character's doesn't vary.
    e.g.:
    a. i have l41 toon with l41 samael
    b. i create new toon, level it until l10
    c. when summoning the samael in my l10 toon, the samael will have l10 samael stats
    d. but, if my newly created toon reach l20, the samael doesn't need to be trained to l20, because its actual shared level/xp is 41

2. if you think it will make the game become too easy, or someone said it will ruin eggs market (which i don't 100% agree), make the next use of the egg by another character to 'just' unlock the pet, (each character has its own unlocked status for each pet, but for all of them has shared level)
    e.g.:
    a. i have l41 toon with l41 samael
    b. i create new toon, level it until l10
    c. new toon has to buy samael to unlock it
    d. after unlocking the samael, the newly created toon can access the shared samael, (with shared level)

another points:
    1. it will encourage players to train useless pets, thus increasing game-time, it is an rpg, so maxing things will be some things that most players will do
    2. it will encourage players to buy more character slots, rather than creating dummy emails, and encourage players to create more players too, with a 'new game+' nuance
    3. make the stable sort-able too, please

another idea:
    1. QUICK PET ROTATION
    a. instead of locking pet when it's on AA cooldown, why don't you just keep the cooldown timer? (resummon won't reset the cooldown, but we can summon another pet quickly)
    b. a configuration to set pet on a rotation wheel, and provide button in HUD to change pet quickly using the preconfigured rotation
    c. player can do AA combo! but not abusing same AA again and again. i consider it will be an improved and exciting gameplay

thank you very much!!!
    Last edited by extrapayah; 07-23-2016 at 06:46 AM. Reason: added 13th point

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    pretty pleaaase

can you combine the pet stable for characters in one account?

to make sure it doesn't hurt you economically:
    run a check/survey on which player has several characters in his account and buying platinum pets in for all their characters

and to make sure it won't hurt the balance of pvp in low level characters, why don't you cap pet stats to match the character's level? (pet's stats unlike character's doesn't vary)

thank you very much!!!
    +1.I like this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that there should be a combined stable, or at least a way to transfer pets to different characters within an account. I've spent a massive amount of time doing special offers so I could purchase the plat exclusive pets, but now my 0-death character has died and my only option is to start over on a different character. That's not an issue, except for the part where my pets are gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i'm going to up this thread :P
    what i hate the most from having separate stable for each character is having to level each of the same pets for different character
    it's like telling me to repeat same thing without any new result, again and again, so:

how about making the next use of the egg (by another character) to 'just' unlock the pet, (each character has its own unlocked status for each pet, but for all of them has shared level)

thank you...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

please, combine the pet stable!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Yes but now low lvl twinks (PvP) Can use a lvl 36 Samael that hits like 130+
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A pet is a certain level and should not be changed anymore than my sorcerer's level should be changed when it suits my needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

combine the pet stable, please!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

pretty please devs, please combine the pet stable and again use of eggs on other player for only unlock + pet capped to character who's using it...

number of pets are getting too much... also you should add feature to sort pets, my suggestion is to sort aside to able to sort by level, you should also enable sort by rarity, and by latest usage time, and all of them can be sorted ascending and descending

thank you very much...
    Last edited by extrapayah; 12-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i believe it will encourage players to create more characters in one account, a lot more than the numbers he/she usually has with multiple dummy emails...

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Where the phrase "less platinum" comes up, it's guaranteed to be ignored, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Where the phrase "less platinum" comes up, it's guaranteed to be ignored, sorry.
    you're right again, fortunately, i didn't write 'sts will get less platinum', i just hope that the game's fun factor is not all about platinum, and also i hope this game will keep its fun factor without relying too much on repetitive playtime (e.g. leveling unused pets), that's it, and i don't think it will hurt anyone if sts does implement this

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

bump for the combined and refined pet stable

thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Bad idea... people will not buy pets anymore... means price drops of eggs!! Egg farming will be useless!!! I had deleted so many characters with great pets already I could make characters on those emails if pets were stashable.
    You gotta buy pet for each character not for a account with hundreds of characters. Its good the way it is . Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

However I do not like the idea.. Have everyone became that lazy, so they are not capable of leveling even pet? Then what will be when new cap will come? You will not be able to level up until 46!
    Why to create tons of characters if you are lazy to do some work with them?
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

well that's easy, just make that having another egg for the same pet useful, e.g. using same egg increase the corresponding pet's level,

anyway, are you really selling eggs? who buys those eggs anyway? aren't they usually a 100% new player? in your case, do you really enjoy leveling the same pet, again and again? 0_0a

well, things that can be farmed anytime are meant to become less expensive by time anyway... and if it is really implemented, seller can increase their price, because the worth of one single egg is also increased

so yes, please combine pet stable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    However I do not like the idea.. Have everyone became that lazy, so they are not capable of leveling even pet? Then what will be when new cap will come? You will not be able to level up until 46!
    Why to create tons of characters if you are lazy to do some work with them?
    well, leveling same pets for different character is not the same with leveling each different character, and it is not 'only'... leveling 80 pets to lvl 46 is not an easy task (okay i only have 50-ish), try it, and do it times three if you have different class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

well, leveling same pets for different character is not the same with leveling each different character, and it is not 'only'... leveling 80 pets to lvl 46 is not an easy task (okay i only have 50-ish), try it, and do it times three if you have different class
    80 pets? Why will you level all pets to capped level anyway? You won't level up your deary, cerella, squash to capp level. Will you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

well that's easy, just make that having another egg for the same pet useful, e.g. using same egg increase the corresponding pet's level,

anyway, are you really selling eggs? who buys those eggs anyway? aren't they usually a 100% new player? in your case, do you really enjoy leveling the same pet, again and again? 0_0a

well, things that can be farmed anytime are meant to become less expensive by time anyway... and if it is really implemented, seller can increase their price, because the worth of one single egg is also increased

so yes, please combine pet stable
    You need to buy pets for each characters. If you have 4 characters, you will buy good pets 4 times. What does this mean? More buyers. If your terrible idea comes true (it will not ever anyway), people will buy those pets for one time and use them in every character, make new characters any day and will not have to worry buying pets again.
    If you are too lazy to level up your pets don't make more character, simple as that!!!

Soon you will come up with the idea that player's level/exps should be stashable. Means if you have one capped character , you should be able to start new character from level 41. "If you have 5 characters its so annoying leveling up those other 4 characters again just like leveling pet is annoying, right?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Only person who is going to LBs would level up all the pets and I really do not think that someone would level them all on all alts, since every class have the best pets to owe (for example talon is not that good for warrior, but for rogue its really good!)
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg