Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I like it, but this is the death of elite farming.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I like the idea of putting these essences in only elite. But then low level players can't farm the gems. On the other hand if you have to be capped to farm gems they will have more value. Then again you can buy gems in store via plat, which slides gems into another locked situation where I would be tempted to quit the game. Tricky situation.

Here's what needs to be decided, imo:

A) gems become a premium for lvl35-36 players to farm in elite. Gems in the store cost 300+ plat each (so they cost more than a leprechaun pendant. If these gems fall below 50k the market will die), or gems don't exist in the store and STS relies on players with little patience (anyone human) finally snapping and paying the 16 plat to excellerate bonding.
    *result: elite farming increases; however, low level players who can't afford these gems are discouraged from playing the game. On the other hand low level players may feel more determined to reach lvl35+ (but I doubt it). Aka: low level players struggle gold wise and less play the game long enough to run elite. The "lower class" (for our purposes anyone new to the game) benefit the least.

B) the system stays the way it is and players spend hours bonding gems just to rebond later hoping for a superior bond. Many become bored and quit the game, whole plat users get the best gear within a week.
    *result: low level players have a new system to make gold and benefit greatly. However, high level players will struggle to get the best gear without spending plat. A huge benefit will be that the wealth will move from the top geared players, who will undoubtedly buy 30+ gems each in efforst to max their gear, to the low level players who gain gems simply by leveling. Aka: wealth is redistributed but the gap in gear increases between plat, and non Omar users. The "middle class" (for our purposes lvl35-36 non plat users) benefit the least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This crafting update reminds me of minecraft.....

Add me on Arcane Legends! IGN : Tishamaxine
    " Hate me for who I am, at least im not pretending to be someone im not. "
    Signature made by Beelzzebob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Well, I think a crucial question would be: Can you sell upgraded items?

The post says you can sell gems. Allright. So you got either a source of income by farming or a source of turning plat to gold. sounds not too bad for me, because it makes it possible to earn good amounts of gold, since the plat-converters will make sure the price for their bought-crafted gems will be high enough to be a good deal for them. In my eyes this is the equivalent to Energizierics suggestion on how to put more gold into the economy (he suggested a 3000 Gold liquidation price for any legendary item). I also think it will bring up the price for legendary items. So in the end (hopefully) we get rid of the cheap legendary stuff, because crate farming and opening looses a bit of its attraction towards gem-trading.

Well, we'll see what happens.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    Well, I think a crucial question would be: Can you sell upgraded items?

The post says you can sell gems. Allright. So you got either a source of income by farming or a source of turning plat to gold. sounds not too bad for me, because it makes it possible to earn good amounts of gold, since the plat-converters will make sure the price for their bought-crafted gems will be high enough to be a good deal for them. In my eyes this is the equivalent to Energizierics suggestion on how to put more gold into the economy (he suggested a 3000 Gold liquidation price for any legendary item). I also think it will bring up the price for legendary items. So in the end (hopefully) we get rid of the cheap legendary stuff, because crate farming and opening looses a bit of its attraction towards gem-trading.

Well, we'll see what happens.
    Yes, Froh, on a previous post somewhere, it says that upgraded items can be sold, probably for a higher price... @@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Agree, conpletely agree.
    Maybe a possible solution could be to have an increased rate drop of essences in elite and/or gem drops, random like archon rings from mobs and replacing epics with gems in bosses loot tables.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I like the idea of putting these essences in only elite. But then low level players can't farm the gems. On the other hand if you have to be capped to farm gems they will have more value. Then again you can buy gems in store via plat, which slides gems into another locked situation where I would be tempted to quit the game. Tricky situation.

Here's what needs to be decided, imo:

A) gems become a premium for lvl35-36 players to farm in elite. Gems in the store cost 300+ plat each (so they cost more than a leprechaun pendant. If these gems fall below 50k the market will die), or gems don't exist in the store and STS relies on players with little patience (anyone human) finally snapping and paying the 16 plat to excellerate bonding.
    *result: elite farming increases; however, low level players who can't afford these gems are discouraged from playing the game. On the other hand low level players may feel more determined to reach lvl35+ (but I doubt it). Aka: low level players struggle gold wise and less play the game long enough to run elite. The "lower class" (for our purposes anyone new to the game) benefit the least.

B) the system stays the way it is and players spend hours bonding gems just to rebond later hoping for a superior bond. Many become bored and quit the game, whole plat users get the best gear within a week.
    *result: low level players have a new system to make gold and benefit greatly. However, high level players will struggle to get the best gear without spending plat. A huge benefit will be that the wealth will move from the top geared players, who will undoubtedly buy 30+ gems each in efforst to max their gear, to the low level players who gain gems simply by leveling. Aka: wealth is redistributed but the gap in gear increases between plat, and non Omar users. The "middle class" (for our purposes lvl35-36 non plat users) benefit the least.
    Any MMORPG has die on ''comercy'' for implement a ''gems/stone'' this are not going to ruin the comercy or merchan or farming..

people need pets so people are going to farm it.

people need armors/weaponds/accesory to put this gems no??

so people are going to farm it..

stay calm people this are going to make more interest the game. only the ''advantage'' is the bad but all is good.
    Last edited by xXz21; 10-31-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I hope the game doesn't start to be complicate from now on. Crafting and upgrading sistems are good but only if u don't put too many variety of gems and item craftable.
    An example : final fantasy 7 was a masterpiece, it was easy to play, then square enix introduced craft and upgrade (FF10-11-12) so u have to find recipes and more... SO BORING!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne;1317317
    In order to create a Gem, you will need to either gather 10 Essences or purchase them from the Store. Essences drop from most opponents, chests and breakables (like barrels and boxes). They are Epic rarity items and somewhat rare to come across.

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    45028[/ATTACH]

Essences are magical in nature and bind their energy to the person who holds them. As such, Essences are not tradeable. Once you condense 10 Essences to form a Gem, you can trade the Gem or sell the Gem on the Consignment Shoppe to other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    totally agree with u..

idk why theys all the ''new'' stuff need put platinum too. and not balance it for all user.. i know sts need make some money but come on man.. sts can do money and balance the game to the non-money players.

i know the money can give u ''advantage'' on games and make the game more easy. but u can balance it give. put the stone on the store and remove the time and the ''money user'' can buy it fast and we can craft it normal too..

theys have no time and 16 plats for me is to much but i know for the money players this is nothing and theys can buy 90$ on plat only to craft..

this expand the game but i think only on gems. why don't make armor and weapond crafting?

maybe u need to up the skill to (500 or more) and u can up only 1 to 500.. example u up crafting to armors to 500 u can't up weaponds crafting to 500 and accesory too.. only 499 and u can craft with the skill on 500 maybe another mytic armors and wep and accesory (with a % to fail the crafting and very hard)
    Players are complaining that Plat users will have an advantage over others, and whilst it is only marginal i would tend to agree.
    Possible solutions to this are:

Make the essence the only plat bought item.

Rather than making the Gems purchasable from the store, make the essence purchasable. This way all will have to wait the same amount of time for the Gem to craft (the only advantage Plat users have would be to speed up the process). Before you think that this is pointless just try and remember that whilst the essence drop from all over Arlor, you may not loot the same type of essence that you need. Eg, 'i've been trying to loot my Glacian essence and all i keep finding is the blood essence.' If people want to buy using plat and be lazy thats up to them, but it DOES NOT affect the casual non plat using player.

Make Superior Gems drop from Elite bosses at a Legendary drop rate.

Have an added feature in Elite Maps. Make superior Gems drop from Elite Bosses at the same drop rate as Legendary Pinks. This way STS will still make their money on Plat Elixirs, the average casual non Plat spending player can use their Lep Pendants AND it will more importantly incourage people to run Elite Maps. You would however have to derive a system that means the harder the map you run, the better the Gem.

My only iconcern with this is that you would have to have Superior Gems with different levels (not that this should be too much of an issue. you could have a Superior Glacian Gem that drops that contains +6 Int and a crit boost of 10%). The reason i say this is because you wouldn't want people running Brackenridge Elite and getting a top quality Gem. This would kill the newer, harder maps.

Please try and remember that ultimately this is a free game if you need it to be. The only reason this game survives is because of the Plat that is injected. There is minimal Plat involved here (really only the 16 plat to quicken the process) as from what Carapace has said the essence will drop fairly easily, so it theoretically shouldn't take too long to gather them up. The only thing that the non Plat users don't have the same is the crafting to the item. So just do it before you go to bed. Whats 8 hours really?

As usual, if i havent thought of something and i've made a colossal error, tell me. I'm always happy to be proven wrong and have my knowledge broadened.

Overall though i cant wait. This looks exciting and is bringing another much needed dimension to the game. Thanks STS.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think this is much waited twist for the end game. When you have capped to lvl 36 and have the top legendaries, the rest is try to loot and get enough money to buy mythics.

The idea of upgrading a existing gem with a new one and maybe getting lucky in form of super gem... This is the part I dont like - you have "chance".. How big chance???

Cant wait to see how this will affect the overall market in AL!

Just make sure that it is clearly visible in the CS what upgrades the sellable weapon has.

Thx in adv
    Last edited by Jiarijiba; 10-31-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I think this is a nice new element to the game, looking forward to try it out.
    Untill it is there there is not much to say about it except that it looks great.

BD/ BC Kraoracha/ DL Kraoracha, Kraorachi, Kraoracho, Kraorachu
    AL Kraoracha - Warrior, Kraoracho - Mage / PL Paiehek - Arch. / SL Kraoracha - Eng.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I like the idea of crafting items and socketing gems into weapons. I have seen a game that does something similar to this and it is awesome. I think that people will b rushing to pay for the gems tho if they are plat puchasable. That would give the people who spend money an advantage but imo if ur spending "tons of money irl" u should be awarded accordingly. I know that will upset many people. But try to think of it from a business standpoint u buy games on consoles and u get what u pay for. I do agree that plat spenders might be op "at first" (but if u dont buy plat and play alot ultimately u can b just as op). I hope that a happy medium can b met where both plat and non-plat spenders feel it is integrated well and fair. P.s. Happy birthday al and congrats sts/stg.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DMminion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Before AL I've played another game, poorly written but nicely designed. It also had a gem system which I'll try to describe.

1. Gems have levels, 1-10. Level 2 gem is 2 times stronger than level 1, level 5 is 5 times stronger than level 1 etc.

2. You can merge 2 gems of the same level to a gem of higher level. So it takes 1024 basic gems to create one level 10 gem. This is in fact good because it gives a "soft ceiling" where most people stay with level 3 or 5 gems while the most dedicated can gather enough to make level 10 (takes twice as long as level 9 for only inferior advantage). It would be cool to need 1 essence to glue the 2 gems together.

3. Higher level gems can drop directly from higher level enemies. Say level 5 was extra rare at top level.

4. I must raise a complaint against being unable to use gear while it is being upgraded/downgraded. Please make it available for use (at the level before upgrade). There is really no point in this. Anyway, can someone afford to spend 16 plat just to save 8 hours?

5. There was also shape to gems and sockets but it I didn't like it very much.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

How about no on this version of the upgrade system/crafting system I'm not a fan of going broke every month at least make essences lootable to be fair to nonmoney users throughout arlor not just in shuyal and trust me I buy plats occasionally like for helloween I bought three vanities cause they are cool looking all I'm saying is we need some sort of in game revenue for nonmoney users besides the freeish offers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

A few points. I tried reading everything before, but if I repeat something already said I apologize.

1. The fine tuning of the drop rate of essences. Are the barrels/crates in Brackenridge going to drop essences at the same rate as those in Shuyal... or even to those in Elite maps?
    As seen in the current Halloween event. Brackenridge maps have plenty of barrels (tombstones) and if each barrel has the same chance at dropping an essence you'll see most if not all players running through these easier levels and ignoring all the other maps you've designed.

2. I see you list these essences as epic rarity but I would prefer that in general they be rarer. At least as rare if not more than those mythic helm pieces. Otherwise, the market will quickly flood with gems and in a week or two this great addition to the game will have already been stale. I'm sure you'll add much neater essences/gems in the future but at least this can be seen as something for many players to strive for rather than something everyone has. I know it's a fine line you walk since this is more of a casual game, but I'm sure casual players aren't even worrying about gemming their items anyhow

3. Have you considered to make essences as monster "drops" such as the "Soul collected Quest" rather than breaking barrels like the Mythic Helm Quest. This way you prevent the mindless running through levels and breaking all the barrels and instead players are killing enemies like any normal RPG. In fact you can even have bosses have a slightly higher chance of "dropping" an essence in addition to their normal drops. I am assuming that these essence drops are more quest related than coming from a Loot Table, so the normal loot can still drop. Again this should scale to level difficulty and consider tombs as well if you go this route since everyone would then do WT4 runs.

4. To get around the "Luck" of obtaining a superior gem or to add a different way to get to it. Why not have 50(or some number you pick) essences craft a superior gem, so people can either gamble their chances or save up to get the superior version.

5. Last, this has been brought up in before in both threads but I feel Elite maps should not be ignored. Unless we are moving away from them entirely? Depending on how hard the elite map is, I feel the drop rate should scale to that just as in normal maps. I like Jon's idea with even gems being a chance drop. Although I might suggest it drop at an even rarer rate than legendary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Once we get enough Essences to craft into a Gem, do we get to choose which Gem we want?

Edit: nevermind. Just realized that there were Essences for each Gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I just don't see the point of not being able to use the weapon while being upgraded. The speed up thing for 16 plat is already a big advantage to those who have no plat to enjoy such amenity.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fidalex View Post
    Agree, conpletely agree.
    Maybe a possible solution could be to have an increased rate drop of essences in elite and/or gem drops, random like archon rings from mobs and replacing epics with gems in bosses loot tables.

I like the way you think. I just find a hard time motivating myself to farm for something like this when every needed peice of the process can be procured.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I freakin love the idea! This will allow people who can't afford myth to upgrade their legendary equipment to be able to compete. The question is; Can I do this with Armor as well?

Also;

Would Gems have Elemental DMG as well? IF I have a Firesquid and Add Glacial Gems to it, could it potentially also add a slight possibility of doing 1-2 secs of Ice damage as well or even a 5% SHOT chance of dropping a lightning bolt or something.

Also; If this was possible could you maybe have Elemental DMG debuffs if you have it in your armor?

I think this is an amazing idea and it's going to make some players much more powerful yes, but it will also bring some equalibrium to players who are running on pinks fighting myth. Now they could potentially make weps/armor that can tank the dmg....

Brilliant!
    Officer in the Council of EOS
    EOS Attack Dog!
    The Furry Toe of the Camel will Always be Remembered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoofCookie View Post
    I freakin love the idea! This will allow people who can't afford myth to upgrade their legendary equipment to be able to compete. The question is; Can I do this with Armor as well?

Also;

Would Gems have Elemental DMG as well? IF I have a Firesquid and Add Glacial Gems to it, could it potentially also add a slight possibility of doing 1-2 secs of Ice damage as well or even a 5% SHOT chance of dropping a lightning bolt or something.

Also; If this was possible could you maybe have Elemental DMG debuffs if you have it in your armor?

I think this is an amazing idea and it's going to make some players much more powerful yes, but it will also bring some equalibrium to players who are running on pinks fighting myth. Now they could potentially make weps/armor that can tank the dmg....

Brilliant!
    Helms, armors, rings, pendants, and weapons can be upgraded.
    duck dynasty falls