Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree with all that has been said here. I was hoping for a crafting system like in PL. I agree that plat should be somewhat helpful, but it should not allow you to buy the entire thing. All that you are doing by making it that way is adding something tedious to the game -- now to compete you will be forced to upgrade all your weapons as everyone will have upgraded weapons.

This game seems to becoming less fun and more tedious as time goes on. What makes a game like this fun is to be able to strive to get something that very few others have. Players will play hours and days on end trying to achieve stuff like that. But when you add tasks into the game that are time consuming but easy to accomplish, all you do is make us get bored while doing this task that we must do because everyone else is doing it.

It seems to me that within a week everyone will have their weapons upgraded with 2 or 3 gems, and plat spenders will have loaded up the consignment shop with gems for sale. That hardly makes this interesting. What would be interesting is if these crafting items were very rare, and very few players upgraded their weapons. Then when you finally found enough essences to craft a gem, you would be holding a rather pricey item that you could either use or sell. Kind of like glyph steels in PL. How boring would PL have been if you could buy glyph steels for plat.

But fine, if you are going to sell essences/gems for plat, at least make them very expensive, a few hundred plat each. That way at least the price of these items keeps it interesting. Otherwise it just adds something tedious to the game without adding anything fun.

IMO a fully upgraded item should be worth considerably more than the base item. Kind of like in PL how a crafted demonic item is worth about 10 times its uncrafted glyph counterpart. On the other hand, if the gems are so common that the upgraded weapon is only worth a 10% premium, then that will make this entire system rather boring and uninteresting.
    i strongly support/ agree with your thoughts and i bet many players will have the feeling the same way as u thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne;1317317
    In order to create a Gem, you will need to either gather 10 Essences or purchase them from the Store. Essences drop from most opponents, chests and breakables (like barrels and boxes). They are Epic rarity items and somewhat rare to come across.

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    45028[/ATTACH]

Essences are magical in nature and bind their energy to the person who holds them. As such, Essences are not tradeable. Once you condense 10 Essences to form a Gem, you can trade the Gem or sell the Gem on the Consignment Shoppe to other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    totally agree with u..

idk why theys all the ''new'' stuff need put platinum too. and not balance it for all user.. i know sts need make some money but come on man.. sts can do money and balance the game to the non-money players.

i know the money can give u ''advantage'' on games and make the game more easy. but u can balance it give. put the stone on the store and remove the time and the ''money user'' can buy it fast and we can craft it normal too..

theys have no time and 16 plats for me is to much but i know for the money players this is nothing and theys can buy 90$ on plat only to craft..

this expand the game but i think only on gems. why don't make armor and weapond crafting?

maybe u need to up the skill to (500 or more) and u can up only 1 to 500.. example u up crafting to armors to 500 u can't up weaponds crafting to 500 and accesory too.. only 499 and u can craft with the skill on 500 maybe another mytic armors and wep and accesory (with a % to fail the crafting and very hard)
    Players are complaining that Plat users will have an advantage over others, and whilst it is only marginal i would tend to agree.
    Possible solutions to this are:

Make the essence the only plat bought item.

Rather than making the Gems purchasable from the store, make the essence purchasable. This way all will have to wait the same amount of time for the Gem to craft (the only advantage Plat users have would be to speed up the process). Before you think that this is pointless just try and remember that whilst the essence drop from all over Arlor, you may not loot the same type of essence that you need. Eg, 'i've been trying to loot my Glacian essence and all i keep finding is the blood essence.' If people want to buy using plat and be lazy thats up to them, but it DOES NOT affect the casual non plat using player.

Make Superior Gems drop from Elite bosses at a Legendary drop rate.

Have an added feature in Elite Maps. Make superior Gems drop from Elite Bosses at the same drop rate as Legendary Pinks. This way STS will still make their money on Plat Elixirs, the average casual non Plat spending player can use their Lep Pendants AND it will more importantly incourage people to run Elite Maps. You would however have to derive a system that means the harder the map you run, the better the Gem.

My only iconcern with this is that you would have to have Superior Gems with different levels (not that this should be too much of an issue. you could have a Superior Glacian Gem that drops that contains +6 Int and a crit boost of 10%). The reason i say this is because you wouldn't want people running Brackenridge Elite and getting a top quality Gem. This would kill the newer, harder maps.

Please try and remember that ultimately this is a free game if you need it to be. The only reason this game survives is because of the Plat that is injected. There is minimal Plat involved here (really only the 16 plat to quicken the process) as from what Carapace has said the essence will drop fairly easily, so it theoretically shouldn't take too long to gather them up. The only thing that the non Plat users don't have the same is the crafting to the item. So just do it before you go to bed. Whats 8 hours really?

As usual, if i havent thought of something and i've made a colossal error, tell me. I'm always happy to be proven wrong and have my knowledge broadened.

Overall though i cant wait. This looks exciting and is bringing another much needed dimension to the game. Thanks STS.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So... I read comments about "plat players this" and "plat players that" and I'm confused. So I reread the post, now I see it. It says "purchasable in the store" and I hope that means CS and not the plat store.

STS, please, do not put the essence as plat purchasable. Short term, yes this will make you money, but long term it will not. If things skew too far towards plat players you will lose your non-plat players (this is coming from a pretty big plat player) which will mean the death of the game in the end. Pay-for-perks is a hard model to do well, but if you do it well you can profit quite a bit. It's a balance, if things are too far towards paying players you lose the non-paying players. If you lose them, the game gets boring (not enough players) and the game fails.

Keeping them as loot only will still give plat players an advantage. The crafted gems will be sellable (according to your post) and players that want them (and have the RL cash) will buy gold, with plat, to get them quickly. I don't want to waste time, so I'll spend the plat to speed it up. I didn't get superior, so I'll repeat it until I do.

Taking out the ability to buy essence for plat gives the non-plat players another thing to farm to be able to afford the more expensive items. This is good all around, as it keeps everyone (plat and non-plat players) goals that are achievable (but not quick, or easy) to keep them playing and paying.

Please think about it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I never thought of Tht but Tht is an extremely good point and I 100% agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1st.this is crafting right? it should have a low chance to break the item so elite player will think about
    before they abuse this system.
    2nd. why not equal slot for legend and mythic??to be fair?since mythic has a big gap stat compare to legendaries
    .3rd.why essences are not tradeable??doesnt make sence if i

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I was hoping for a crafting of weapons and gear. I think the gems are nice but not really what I expected

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Just wondering why this upgrade isnt very much..level 31 gem only 5Str...zZz. So I cant imagine what level 10 is going to be .....4 str..Can you up it alittle? Idc about the money issues...ppl with plat diserve things first...Make them farmable....whatever you do im sure it will be great. ^_^