Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So... I read comments about "plat players this" and "plat players that" and I'm confused. So I reread the post, now I see it. It says "purchasable in the store" and I hope that means CS and not the plat store.

STS, please, do not put the essence as plat purchasable. Short term, yes this will make you money, but long term it will not. If things skew too far towards plat players you will lose your non-plat players (this is coming from a pretty big plat player) which will mean the death of the game in the end. Pay-for-perks is a hard model to do well, but if you do it well you can profit quite a bit. It's a balance, if things are too far towards paying players you lose the non-paying players. If you lose them, the game gets boring (not enough players) and the game fails.

Keeping them as loot only will still give plat players an advantage. The crafted gems will be sellable (according to your post) and players that want them (and have the RL cash) will buy gold, with plat, to get them quickly. I don't want to waste time, so I'll spend the plat to speed it up. I didn't get superior, so I'll repeat it until I do.

Taking out the ability to buy essence for plat gives the non-plat players another thing to farm to be able to afford the more expensive items. This is good all around, as it keeps everyone (plat and non-plat players) goals that are achievable (but not quick, or easy) to keep them playing and paying.

Please think about it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    More like OP. Put a luck gem on every item and you can now get a 40% luck reroll with just a leprechaun pendant. That's a new max of 95% reroll with a combo elixir (purchased) and a normal luck elixir.
    Can you stack combo lix luck and 30min normal luck?

In fact you can't so I think max is 40% atm lep pendant and combo OR normal so that + your suppose 40% increase to wep = 80%.

God i feel mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated View Post
    Can you stack combo lix luck and 30min normal luck?

In fact you can't so I think max is 40% atm lep pendant and combo OR normal so that + your suppose 40% increase to wep = 80%.

God i feel mean.
    Nope.
    Lep + 30 minute + combo = 15% + 25% + 30% = 70%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This sounds great. One question if I place a gem in a slot will it be removable? Or would I have to wait 8h to remove or will It stay connected to that item forever.
    (It was mentioned that a gem could be replaced)
    But what if I want to sell the item and keep the gem?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenusXII View Post
    This sounds great. One question if I place a gem in a slot will it be removable? Or would I have to wait 8h to remove or will It stay connected to that item forever.
    (It was mentioned that a gem could be replaced)
    But what if I want to sell the item and keep the gem?
    Thanks
    You can't remove, but you can replace as you said. Once you replace a Gem, that Gem that was replaced is gone. So I guess, if you want to sell the item, you can do either of these:
    1. sell the item with no upgrades
    2. add Gems to upgrade it, then sell it
    3. add a Gem (let's say Glacial Gem), but then replace it with Fire Gem, which makes the Glacial Gem lost. But then I don't think you can remove it, so you have to sell it with that upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Is it just me, but isn't a +5str/dex/int increase (in best case scenario) a bit on the low side? Especially considering the 400-500+int/dex/str ranges end level characters are in? For example, 5 int added to a total of 500+ int, would be a 1% increase in primary stats?

I love the idea of crafting and I also think the way STS plans to do this is interesting and something I feel I could have a lot of fun with. I'm not going to enter the discussion about plat vs non plat spenders, I'm simply interested in the process and the stats you'd gain.

So yeah, personally, I love how it is intended to be implemented but I don't think I'd go through all the trouble for a 1% in primary stat increase. I'd say make crafting really worth it and give it a noticeable stat increase, else it's just a gimmick to show off how many gems you have in your shiny weapon while it doesn't really make it better in a way that you'd notice it.

I can understand STS can't make stats OP but a slightly higher stat increase seems needed to make it worthwhile, at least to me.

Another route STS could take with this is add different kind of procs to weapons. maybe a gem that adds some proc that goes of 100% of the time when charged (like the current Arcane staff fireball'ish proc). They could come up with a lot of interesting stuff this way and it would make crafting at least worth it. Heck, even some spectacular particle effects or something would be cooler to me than getting 1% stat increase.

Of course, as said earlier, balance issues are always to be considered but I stand by my statement that I feel that what you get for crafting seems underwhelming to me.

I hope that didn't sound to negative, but I've always been a big fan of crafting. In PL STS generally made crafting worth it by increasing different stats, granting different particle effects and entire new looks. And although I understand this isn't PL, I was expecting something similar now. If anything, I'd like STS to take notes from their older in game crafting mechanics, especially in therms of what you get out of it.

Sorry for the long winded post, crafting is something I've been looking forward to for a while, so I wanted to give my constructive feedback about it.

Whatever will happen, props to STS for keeping the game interesting. These seem like very exiting times

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hopefully it work for everyone... because lots of player dont even visit this forum...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevaporz View Post
    A few points. I tried reading everything before, but if I repeat something already said I apologize.

1. The fine tuning of the drop rate of essences. Are the barrels/crates in Brackenridge going to drop essences at the same rate as those in Shuyal... or even to those in Elite maps?
    As seen in the current Halloween event. Brackenridge maps have plenty of barrels (tombstones) and if each barrel has the same chance at dropping an essence you'll see most if not all players running through these easier levels and ignoring all the other maps you've designed.

2. I see you list these essences as epic rarity but I would prefer that in general they be rarer. At least as rare if not more than those mythic helm pieces. Otherwise, the market will quickly flood with gems and in a week or two this great addition to the game will have already been stale. I'm sure you'll add much neater essences/gems in the future but at least this can be seen as something for many players to strive for rather than something everyone has. I know it's a fine line you walk since this is more of a casual game, but I'm sure casual players aren't even worrying about gemming their items anyhow

3. Have you considered to make essences as monster "drops" such as the "Soul collected Quest" rather than breaking barrels like the Mythic Helm Quest. This way you prevent the mindless running through levels and breaking all the barrels and instead players are killing enemies like any normal RPG. In fact you can even have bosses have a slightly higher chance of "dropping" an essence in addition to their normal drops. I am assuming that these essence drops are more quest related than coming from a Loot Table, so the normal loot can still drop. Again this should scale to level difficulty and consider tombs as well if you go this route since everyone would then do WT4 runs.

4. To get around the "Luck" of obtaining a superior gem or to add a different way to get to it. Why not have 50(or some number you pick) essences craft a superior gem, so people can either gamble their chances or save up to get the superior version.

5. Last, this has been brought up in before in both threads but I feel Elite maps should not be ignored. Unless we are moving away from them entirely? Depending on how hard the elite map is, I feel the drop rate should scale to that just as in normal maps. I like Jon's idea with even gems being a chance drop. Although I might suggest it drop at an even rarer rate than legendary.
    1. I agree with what you say here. But I guess it wouldn't matter where they get the Essences from.

2. They are kind of rare. But again, since they can be bought from the Store, many people will have lots of them. I hope they are quite rare.

3. They will drop from mobs I believe. To encourage people to run through the entire map, I'd say mobs should have the lowest drop rate, followed by chests and breakable items, and bosses should have the highest if they could be looted from them. I'd say Essences should be removed from the Store, and have relatively low drop rates. Mobs should have maybe 2 or 3% chance of dropping them (if you think about it, on average, you'll get 1 Essence every 30-50 mobs, which isn't really hard to kill). Chests and breakable items should have a 5% chance because there aren't many of them, which keeps them pretty rare when paired up with a 1/20 chance to drop an Essence. Bosses should have maybe an 8-10% chance to drop an Essence which would make many more people kill the boss as well. But then, I just see people farming up to Jarl like they do for crates. Jarl has everything here. Before you get to Jarl, there are plenty of crates and barrels, and even that wagon looking thing. It has some mobs, but not too many. And it has an easy boss, which can be killed in under 30 seconds for (hopefully) every endgame player.

4. Agreed with this. The "chance" to get a superior bond with an item will only lead to more complaint threads then we already have. Make it so that X amount of Essences can be crafted into a superior Gem!

5. Agree with this as well. I'll just use the numbers I used earlier to get an idea:
    Elite mobs should have their chance doubled, so around 5%. Chests and breakable items stay the same, at 5%. Bosses should have a 12% chance (roughly 1/8 boss kills will drop an Essence).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Is it just me, but isn't a +5str/dex/int increase (in best case scenario) a bit on the low side? Especially considering the 400-500+int/dex/str ranges end level characters are in? For example, 5 int added to a total of 500+ int, would be a 1% increase in primary stats?

I love the idea of crafting and I also think the way STS plans to do this is interesting and something I feel I could have a lot of fun with. I'm not going to enter the discussion about plat vs non plat spenders, I'm simply interested in the process and the stats you'd gain.

So yeah, personally, I love how it is intended to be implemented but I don't think I'd go through all the trouble for a 1% in primary stat increase. I'd say make crafting really worth it and give it a noticeable stat increase, else it's just a gimmick to show off how many gems you have in your shiny weapon while it doesn't really make it better in a way that you'd notice it.

I can understand STS can't make stats OP but a slightly higher stat increase seems needed to make it worthwhile, at least to me.

Another route STS could take with this is add different kind of procs to weapons. maybe a gem that adds some proc that goes of 100% of the time when charged (like the current Arcane staff fireball'ish proc). They could come up with a lot of interesting stuff this way and it would make crafting at least worth it. Heck, even some spectacular particle effects or something would be cooler to me than getting 1% stat increase.

Of course, as said earlier, balance issues are always to be considered but I stand by my statement that I feel that what you get for crafting seems underwhelming to me.

I hope that didn't sound to negative, but I've always been a big fan of crafting. In PL STS generally made crafting worth it by increasing different stats, granting different particle effects and entire new looks. And although I understand this isn't PL, I was expecting something similar now. If anything, I'd like STS to take notes from their older in game crafting mechanics, especially in therms of what you get out of it.

Sorry for the long winded post, crafting is something I've been looking forward to for a while, so I wanted to give my constructive feedback about it.

Whatever will happen, props to STS for keeping the game interesting. These seem like very exiting times
    I love this thread

I'll put my opinion on this. Proc Gems, I guess, could be added later, as they said there's lots of things we could do with these two systems. But also, you don't have to put Gems that add to your primary stat. My Rogue has pretty low health, so I could add a Blood Gem or two to make my health higher. Also, Warriors have the lowest mana of all the classes, so if you don't want to use VB, that's fine, you don't have to! You can just add some Glacial Gems to some of your items, and voila! You have more mana. So there's lots of things you could do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    That's 1% x 3 for each of the five items in your inventory. So really you can add 15% if you have all mythic/arcane and you boost every single item with 3 gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That's 1% x 3 for each of the five items in your inventory. So really you can add 15% if you have all mythic/arcane and you boost every single item with 3 gems.
    You got a point there. In my excitement I completely missed the fact that not only weapons could be upgraded.

Still, some cool effects, looks, procs... is still something I'd like to see. But yeah, this opens up a whole lot of possibilities for the future. Whatever it'll be, it's definitely something I'm looking forward to!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I LOVE THIS and is excited for this development, as a level 10 pvp player this will take us off from our daily arena routine to farming essence forming party and stuff.

As for the upgrading, i guess expect a lots of OP stats(lvl10/low lvl pvp) after its implemented or gems bonus are adjusted to levels or idk; looking forward for this development.
    plat user meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Should consider increase the inventory limit. 500 isn't enough, Unless the gems don't take inventory slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uriraran View Post
    Should consider increase the inventory limit. 500 isn't enough, Unless the gems don't take inventory slots.
    This just means you should buy more inventory spaces (with plat) like everyone else does.
    Out of all the things you can buy with plat, I'd say inventory spaces are one of the most useful things I have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    This just means you should buy more inventory spaces (with plat) like everyone else does.
    Out of all the things you can buy with plat, I'd say inventory spaces are one of the most useful things I have.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Just had a wild thought after reading some of the posts: make essences only drop on maps that are at least within a certain range from your level.

I think a 4 or 5 lvl range would be proper; whatever it is for someone to be able to play at the previous expansion. Meaning, level 32-36 players can farm in Nordr & Shuyal maps. Level 27-31can still farm Kraken and all the way through Shuyal (if they dare try).

This would eliminate people taking their end game characters and gathering essences while running Jarl for crates. Plus, it would make people actually visit the later maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

oh... or maybe essences can only given by klaas and shazbot? but it will make people going online every 8 hrs just to check klaas...

one more thing... i think at some level, legendary item and lower, should have an easier crafting than mythic, so it could be a balance between fully superior legend and mythic items.

why targetting those limited mythic user, if you can expand the platinum market to massive amount lower-than-legendary user.

let those mythics have their own gem which can only get in a very small chance drop in elite final map boss. this will keep them busy for some moments, and they will be happy.

so for the legendaries and lower, give them the normal map dropping essences and purchasable gem in store.

if they are the same.. the gap will be very extreme from casual player with the hardcore gamer.. but i think it depend to what market this game was designed for.. personally, i prefer this game is a mobile time-killer game.

well, at least this is what i think an upgrade system, a system that enables lower class item to be in par with its superior. with the current system, it is acertain that the one being upgraded is mythic or arcane item... if this what is meant by STS, just disable the slots in legendaries-or-lower item. or even worse, just make crafting only unlocked when reach cap level..

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by baddiva; 11-01-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uriraran View Post
    He's saying the max should be increased. The max per character is currently 500. It's annoying creating new characters just for storage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Making gems for pets would be good as well.
    Especially a pets leveling up gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    Making gems for pets would be good as well.
    Especially a pets leveling up gem.
    A pet leveling up gem would seriously be too OP.