Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

New Crafting and Upgrade System Coming in November to Arcane Legends

Please keep in mind that the Crafting and Upgrade systems are currently work-in-progress. As such, things are subject to change from what is outlined below.

Arcane Legends will be turning 1 year old in November. What better way to celebrate than with two awesome new game systems: Crafting and Upgrading!

If you are looking for the Crafting Feedback Thread, that can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Thread

Name:  Upgrade.png
Views: 1527
Size:  25.4 KB

Upgrading:

The Upgrade System will allow you to socket one or more (depending on the quality of the item) powerful Gems into your gear.

The number of Gems any particular item will hold depends on the quality of the item:

Epic items: 1 upgrade slot
    Legendary items: 2 upgrade slots
    Mythic or Arcane items: 3 upgrade slots

Socketing a Gem is not a trivial task and takes time. While an item is having a Gem socketed, it is not available for use. Plan your upgrading carefully!

Putting a Gem into the first socket takes 8 hours. A second and third socket take even more time.

The amount of bonus that a Gem grants depends on the level of an item.

When a Gem finishes imbuing into a socket, it has a chance to form a superior bond with the item for an additional bonus!

The stat bonus amount is determined by the level of the item. In a level 36 item, a normally bonded Gem grants a +3 stat bonus, while a superior bonded Gem grants a +6 stat bonus.

Once you have a Gem socketed into an item, you can replace that gem with a new one and have a chance for that replacement to yield a superior bonded Gem! Replacing an existing socketed Gem takes 12 hours, regardless if it is in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gem slot.

Here is an example walkthrough of the Upgrade process. I'm going to slot a Blood Gem to add some extra STR to my lvl 31 Entomed Hammer of Warfare.

Step 1: Select Item
    Name:  1-select-item.jpg
Views: 1556
Size:  54.6 KB

Step 2: Select Slot
    Name:  2-select-slot.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  45.4 KB

Step 3: Select Gem
    Name:  3-select-gem.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  44.1 KB

Step 4: Review Upgrade Info
    Name:  4-upgrade-info.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  56.2 KB

Step 5: Confirm
    Name:  5-confirm.jpg
Views: 1518
Size:  39.9 KB

Step 6: Upgrade in Progress
    Name:  6-in-progress.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  48.4 KB

The Entombed Hammer of Warfare is being upgraded and is not available for use. I can buy through the timer if I really want to finish it up right now. Any one character may only have a total of 5 Crafts or Upgrades in progress at any one time.

Notice how the Super Gem stat bonus for the Level 31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare is +5, where a level 36 item can be +6. This scales up from level 10 items that are a base +1 with a Super Gem possible bonus of +2.

The Crafting Station, where you can start new Gem crafts, new Upgrades, review your current progress and pick up is easily accessible from the main menu.

Name:  8---inventory.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  62.6 KB

As with Crafting, this is the first use of this new System. There is a lot of room for future expansion with Upgrades.

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback regarding this system that is in development for Arcane Legends. We anticipate that the system will go live in mid to late November.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 10-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

AWESOME!!! Then, the most obvious question, WHERE can we get the GEMS?

OOPS, in the CRAFTING THREAD, DUH!!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-30-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, real question. First, are upgradeable items sellable. Second, how easy will it be to tell that the item your buying is upgraded and not the regular version and third, how easy will it be to tell it has the upgrades you want.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, so if out FAVORITE weapon only gets a regular gem, we can keep trying till it gets superior, correct. What is the general odds of each?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

my opinion and would like to see the feedback.
    overall i like how the developement on gears is going. ty
    Last edited by Cero; 10-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    I would like to point it other way around.

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.
    This. U sayed what i was thinking....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Just want to point out: they added crafting, but the blacksmiths still don't do anything besides give us dailies no one do.

Maybe make the blacksmiths in kragg and Kelsey serve a role in crafting? Don't get me wrong I like having everything avalible from my avatar menu. I just find it a little funny that the blacksmiths don't do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

GReat! But This is only for weapons?

Armor and helm can be upgrade?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sibayjing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:1317607
    I would like to point it other way around.

arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.
    I understand your point but i can't help to argue of how OPs gears becoming more OP. Yes, there are many mythics and arcane gears out there so what about those Legendary or epic user players that struggles to compete? It is not about who can craft and upgrade first, in my understanding, the crafting and upgrading befriends those who has the Highest quality items. Also, "Super Gems" are giving the best benefits from the high quality gears. Why give more slots? It's just making it more OP.

Helps those casual gamers or non-plat users to get atleast fair improvement for this game. Sure, it is just common to give the sweetest part for those who helps the devs to keep this game running but lets not take foregranted other players. They can help to in other ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I agreed with Cero, just for the reason that new gems will eventually come out in later updates will close the gap a bit more but, Arcane/Mythic will still reign king in AL. but atleast it gives Non-Plat buyers more of a chance.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

18. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I don't know if its fair but people who use a lot of plat have 2 advantages. One they can purchase the essences from the store to make gems then sell them in CS. You say they are epic in rarity, but so is an elite golden puzzle box. Yet this is way more rare then any other epic. In my mind epic rarity is very common. So saying its epic doesn't tell me anything because as we have seen so many times the color/rarity of an item doesn't matter as to how rare it is. Next they can manufacture weapons faster by spending plat by not waiting overnight. This isn't such a huge advantage because this is a matter of time. But if everyone wants a superior bonded weapon, then the plat player can just keep spending plat trying and retrying until this happens. Non-plat player has to keep waiting. So here are the advantages for the plat player:

1) Can manufacture gems from the store and sell them in CS
    2) Can manufacture superior bonded weapons and sell them in CS

So in my mind this is not very fair. I get you pay plat to make life easier, or take less time to do stuff. But I think this is too much of an extreme. Already we see a lot of people buying vanities, eggs, and amulets and converting these to gold by selling them in CS. I am not against this since it makes them available to more people. But this is too much of an advantage in my opinion for crafting and upgrading. You should cut the time down to half in the upgrade system. As for buying essences, I guess this depends on how expensive they are in the store or how "rare" they are to be found. Also its not clear by what you posted if the manufacturing of gems can be sped up by spending plat. This is a serious and obvious omission. I am glad I have been hording my plat and not opening locked because if this goes through as is, I will use most of it to make gems and manufacture weapons. I don't see why someone would bother to farm when you can buy a weapon in CS, upgrade it with plat and turn it around for a big profit.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I understand your point but i can't help to argue of how OPs gears becoming more OP. Yes, there are many mythics and arcane gears out there so what about those Legendary or epic user players that struggles to compete? It is not about who can craft and upgrade first, in my understanding, the crafting and upgrading befriends those who has the Highest quality items. Also, "Super Gems" are giving the best benefits from the high quality gears. Why give more slots? It's just making it more OP.

Helps those casual gamers or non-plat users to get atleast fair improvement for this game. Sure, it is just common to give the sweetest part for those who helps the devs to keep this game running but lets not take foregranted other players. They can help to in other ways.

Here is the simple problem with fair: it is boring, and makes for a boring game. Am I a super rich plat player? NO! But I do enjoy the game, and like all players I want to have something to strive for, and that something is THE BEST. I think about Mythic Daggers with 3 Superior Gems and start to drool, and it is not even covered in Hunny! There are players out there that WILL get them, and they will get them extremely fast and probably trade them like the rest of us trade crates, but that does not change anything for me. I still have something to farm for, and work for, and after quite a bit of time, and maybe with a TON of luck, perhaps I will get them. And that is what drives the game. Oh, and as for more slots on epics??? Be honest, do you really think anyone would WASTE a gem AND time or plat to upgrade one slot, let alone more then one? Make sure you know what you are asking, because the simple fact is the gems will be worth more then the items, so it would be worthless to use them.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

22. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Reserved for later feedback
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Question not asked, maybe answered, brought up in chat:

Sibayjing: Anyone know if it is only for weapons?
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 10-30-2013 at 05:08 PM.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

We are talking +70 str if we can do all str gems. Or +25 str and +25 dex if we can do one of each gem (this is for me, I use an archone ring of potency).

Aka: about a +12-24 damage, or in later terms a 2-4% increase in my damage max (this math was done with all super bonded gems).

With normal bonds, which many will use because it costs 16 plat to excellerate crafting each gem, the number is much lower.

Remember it takes 16 plat to excellerate a gem bond. So, assuming its a 20% chance to super bond, you will use 300-1500 plat on average. That's a wide margain of getting lucky, I can see how people will spend 3k plat in the first day just to max their gear. STS knows how to make money I'm not opposed to this. I will simply start bonding the night before, and check them in the morning/ at my lunch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    We are talking +70 str if we can do all str gems. Or +25 str and +25 dex if we can do one of each gem (this is for me, I use an archone ring of potency).

Aka: about a +12-24 damage, or in later terms a 2-4% increase in my damage max (this math was done with all super bonded gems).

With normal bonds, which many will use because it costs 16 plat to excellerate crafting each gem, the number is much lower.

[Remember it takes 16 plat to excellerate a gem bond. So, assuming its a 20% chance to super bond, you will use 300-1500 plat on average. That's a wide margain of getting lucky, I can see how people will spend 3k plat in the first day just to max their gear. STS knows how to make money I'm not opposed to this. I will simply start bonding the night before, and check them in the morning/ at my lunch.
    Exactly what I will do. Patience or Plat, choose one

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero:1317604
    arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

ty
    +1 to this...... i would write absolute the same