Thread: New Weapon Types

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default New Weapon Types

Much like how the gun, sword and shield, and bow were added, i think it could be beneficial to add a new set of weapon types. Now, with different weapon types comes different uses and stats. Such as how staffs have high dps, while guns have lower dps, but higher dmg and range. The too have different specialties in fighting. So what would be the specialty of a third set of weapons? Well first, i need to point out that warriors already have 3 types of weapons. The sword: with dps, the sword and shield: with armor/health, but also the hammer: with dmg. So there actually only needs to be added a new weapon to mages and rogues, with yes, a specialty of armor/health.

While some may think that only "tanks" need to get as much armor as possible, armor weapons could actually be useful to all classes. Mages currently lack the chance of survivability and rogues arent far off. The chance to lose some dmg but gain armor/health could add new strategies in playing. Along with new strategies, it would also add more general versatility. Not all players would strive for the same gear and builds. There would be new and different playing styles. As for the look of the new weapons, im not quite sure. Maybe nunchucks for rogue, but im at a loss for mage. Anyway, I think it could be interesting. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepdeprived:1339712
    Much like how the gun, sword and shield, and bow were added, i think it could be beneficial to add a new set of weapon types. Now, with different weapon types comes different uses and stats. Such as how staffs have high dps, while guns have lower dps, but higher dmg and range. The too have different specialties in fighting. So what would be the specialty of a third set of weapons? Well first, i need to point out that warriors already have 3 types of weapons. The sword: with dps, the sword and shield: with armor/health, but also the hammer: with dmg. So there actually only needs to be added a new weapon to mages and rogues, with yes, a specialty of armor/health.

While some may think that only "tanks" need to get as much armor as possible, armor weapons could actually be useful to all classes. Mages currently lack the chance of survivability and rogues arent far off. The chance to lose some dmg but gain armor/health could add new strategies in playing. Along with new strategies, it would also add more general versatility. Not all players would strive for the same gear and builds. There would be new and different playing styles. As for the look of the new weapons, im not quite sure. Maybe nunchucks for rogue, but im at a loss for mage. Anyway, I think it could be interesting. Please share your thoughts.
    +1 why not A magical shield around mages which grants armour and then the staff with appropriate dmg...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .Sorc. View Post
    +1 why not A magical shield around mages which grants armour and then the staff with appropriate dmg...
    Not bad. Like a sword and shield, just a staff and shield. Hehe, would be cute.
    Last edited by Sleepdeprived; 11-17-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Chakrams!!!