Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?
    1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!

2) It's fairly rare, but roll of the dice rare and not mythic from a crate rare

3) Yes, you can put 3 separate STR Gems in the same item for example

4) You cannot "remove" a gem, however you can "replace" a gem. You can replace it with the same kind of gem trying to get the awesome version as many times as you would like.

5) Gems are dynamic in that there is only one per stat, but the amount of bonus you receive varies based on the item level of the item. As a level 20 twink or as a level 36 Elite runner you will use the same gem, and receive benefits scaled to the level of the item used for upgrading.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This will work for Helms, Armor, Rings, Amulets, and Weapons

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?
    Correct. The gem slotted will remain, however if you want to try again you will need a new Gem.

Gems are crafted from Essences, and these essences can be farmed or purchased in the store. Essences are NOT tradeable, and NOT stashable.The farming rate is relatively generous however, and with 5 available craft spots it should be reasonably easy for a majority of players to be able to turn their essences into a gem craft before bed, or mass craft to get those super socketed gems!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

So in a best case scenario I can have between +42-70str when I put a str gem in ever plausible slot for a 4/5 myth player with a legendary ring? IMO that may be OP.

However you said benefits scale, therefore I must ask the following:

1) is scaling of benefits based on level?

2) is the scaling of benefits different for weapons, armors, helms, rings, and amulets or does the benefits of gems scale differently for each class of item?

3) does a certain class scale their base stat benefits differently than the others?

4) does it cost anything (besides time) to craft/bond gems?

5) what is the max (all str gems, super bonded to a 4/5 myth set [glaive, upgraded helm, upgraded armor, and doom] and an archon ring of potency [str version]) amount of additional str I can gain from bonding gems?
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 10-30-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Please rethink the "chance to create a superior bond" this will be flat out infuriating to most players.

Think of a better way to do the creation of a superior bond. Perhaps have different essences that drop in elites versus normal dungeons, and different gems altogether.

Chances(of this particular type) in a game = misery = less desire to play.. in my experience. And I've been playing games for 23 years.

You make some money in plat but there's better ways to do that that can make the game more fun for players, not less fun and flat out frustrating.

Otherwise I like it.
    Last edited by eeknoh; 10-30-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    I smell bacon

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A little confusing, but its in progress. It'll be great guys!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree with everything but plat speed up's ( i say all should wait 8 hrs to Finish )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    Please rethink the "chance to create a superior bond" this will be flat out infuriating to most players.

Think of a better way to do the creation of a superior bond. Perhaps have different essences that drop in elites versus normal dungeons, and different gems altogether.

Chances(of this particular type) in a game = misery = less desire to play.. in my experience. And I've been playing games for 23 years.

You make some money in plat but there's better ways to do that that can make the game more fun for players, not less fun and flat out frustrating.

Otherwise I like it.

Another thought I had.. perhaps make it take multiple gems to create a superior gem? The chance thing is just really throwing me off.. I can forsee how it will turn out.

Some folks will have maxed gear quick, within a few tries

Some will take weeks of miserable attempts only to be let down over...and over..and over.

And the average populus will take some average amount of tries.

Any way you shake it the majority will be between somewhat annoyed and bored with it to flat out furious and rage quitting. And I don't think that's the goal here.

I just think there's a better way
    I smell bacon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Otherwise I like it.
    Ideas to replace luck based upgrades:

1) I love the idea of elite drop. From mobs though, if you make it breakable warriors will just spec: rally cry, jugg, heal, and wm. And rush through maps gaining essences faster than other classes.

2) Perhaps have these superior gems require a higher number of essences, say 50+? Makes it take much longer to get that extra 2 points for each gem.

Why STS will kepp the luck system (imo):

1) encourages you to spend plat instead if waiting several hours EACH GEM, every attempt you make to get the superior bond.

2) controls the market by forcing players looking for the absolute best gear to destroy some of the gems in order to attempt to get a superior bond.

3) refer to the first five words in point #1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Another thought I had.. perhaps make it take multiple gems to create a superior gem? The chance thing is just really throwing me off.. I can forsee how it will turn out.

Some folks will have maxed gear quick, within a few tries

Some will take weeks of miserable attempts only to be let down over...and over..and over.

And the average populus will take some average amount of tries.

Any way you shake it the majority will be between somewhat annoyed and bored with it to flat out furious and rage quitting. And I don't think that's the goal here.

I just think there's a better way
    At least non plat players can have a chance to upgrade to the best gear. I know this isn't a common thought on the forum, but I apreciate this system more than "30+ plat per superior bond."

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i think this item to ''put slot on items'' need be a NORMAL item with a npc on towns.. for GOLD not platinum bcus when this release this item is going to cost millions and anyone are going to buy this only for make 1 slot..

i think this need be a GOLD item with a npc selling it not drop..

this give more advantage to the money users..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I have a couple questions...
    In your example, Carapace, you were upgrading/crafting your entombed.
    Let's say you have two red gems...can you use those two gems at the same time on the same item?

And, you mentioned essences being able to be purchased from the store and consignment shop, I assume.
    Will gems be able to be sold too?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Oh cool, maybe it will give me an incentive to play :P right now the XP curve is killer at 27 i become less interested in playing. also nobody does story mode so when i want to get the xp bonus in the new area nobody is in my game then there is still tons of people in watcher tombs and stuff like that. i think you need to put a slightly higher XP value in Nodr but less than the new place so it doesn't make 1-30 obsolete and just hella WT runs.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because using money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HopeSolo View Post
    we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because using money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.
    Not trying to be rude but thats like in every game as well as life. thats like saying bill gates can't invent another for of software because hes gonna get richer and he doesn't need anymore money..

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Look at this old post that I found: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1292177

I'm a noobier version of Nostradamus!

Generally, I love the idea and think that it will help tremendously in PvE - not entirely sure how it will work out in PvP just yet, as I am already concerned about the Mythic vs. Non-Mythic argument. I will reserve judgement for now though/

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Not trying to be rude but thats like in every game as well as life. thats like saying bill gates can't invent another for of software because hes gonna get richer and he doesn't need anymore money..
    Yes, this is true, but all the rich people in the game are OP already. Giving this additional bonus for them, they will now become even more OP which I don't think a lot of people want. Cero's opinion posted earlier is fair, IMO, stating mythics/arcanes should have only 1 upgrade slot, etc.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Yes, this is true, but all the rich people in the game are OP already. Giving this additional bonus for them, they will now become even more OP which I don't think a lot of people want. Cero's opinion posted earlier is fair, IMO, stating mythics/arcanes should have only 1 upgrade slot, etc.
    Makes sense there.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Holy crap!
    Are you guys reading the same threads as I am?
    Based on the majority of these posts, you guys can't possibly be doing so.

Essences- you farm them super easily. They can't be traded. Combine them to make gems. Still free. These can be traded. You take gems and put them into items. Still free. Hope for superior bond. If it isn't, try again for free.
    Only way platinum is involved is by speeding up the process of inserting gems into items.

I seriously hope sts quotes and responds to some of these posts with nothing more than, "please re-read the announcements before posting. You are wasting valuable server space."

Questions:
    -will essences and gems take up inventory spaces? I can't see essences doing so...a person with no inventory expansions wouldn't even be able to hold 9 of each type.
    -With that in mind, essences will be in the satchel, like gold and story tokens, yes? Especially since they aren't even tradeable.
    Gems taking up inventory spaces would be proper.

Thoughts/suggestions/feedback:
    Do away with superior bonding. Make higher quality gems. Make your current gem be a 'flawed gem,' combine 3 or 5 to make a 'normal gem,' and 3 or 5 of those for a 'perfect gem.'
    -And with this in place, you can now make it so that if someone wishes to change gems in the item to a higher one, they have to unsocket all of them. That's right, if a person stuck 2 perfects and a flawed...you can't just redo the flawed....you have to put 3 new perfects in there.
    -This also makes it so that a new owner of an item isn't stuck with the old choices of a previous owner, as some people may want dex for more crits on their mage instead of purely int. It'll allow for some more versatility with end game gears, which there isn't much of as it stands.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!
    This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?