Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Str packs need nerfs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Str packs need nerfs..

Strength plat packs (warrior and paladin) are ridiculously over powered for low levels. They have been like this for a while now and nothing has been done. The armor and damage on these sets are crazy. For example, the level twenty rhino 3 pack's war-hammer damage is: 140-175 1.3 speed. That is 5 damage higher than the level THIRTY iceberg 2h and 10 levels lower. The armor on these packs are 15-20 higher than what the usual high armor is, and at low levels that is very significant. The damage on the bear sword is extremely high as well. All i see these days around 30,40, and especially 20-26 are plat packs.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Now you have to take into account that many have bought these packs so that would just be like ripping off alot of people unless they can refund all those people.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Somemager View Post
    Now you have to take into account that many have bought these packs so that would just be like ripping off alot of people unless they can refund all those people.
    It would not best be described as a rip off because although we buy things in game, we do not own our accounts, it's more like we rent them if we pay.
    Things need to be tweaked and fixed, nature of the beast. I bet some bought it knowing it was unbalanced wanting to use that possibly unfair advantage.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

So what do you propose they do just leave it op? The only one to blame is themselves for trying to jump on the op bandwagon.. when it is pretty clear that they will be nerfed at one point since the gear is stronger than 2 campaigns above it. If it is not, then I believe I will have lost all hope in STG for not fixing something that an mmo producer should put pretty high up on their list. I think the plat pack users have had more than enough time to enjoy and exploit the over poweredness of the gear.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Many people farmed forgotten bows, and that took money. And guess what, they nerfed it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

They really should eliminate all of these dumb plat packs. Either they are crazy underpowered or overpowered so I suggest PL drop the sets. Refund the set with a 10% increase of plat of the original plat amount.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    They really should eliminate all of these dumb plat packs. Either they are crazy underpowered or overpowered so I suggest PL drop the sets. Refund the set with a 10% increase of plat of the original plat amount.
    Let's be a bit more reasonable.. and if anything the plat sets shouldn't be as powerful as lootable gear. That would just give power to plat buyers without doing any work, which is what is happening as we speak.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite View Post
    Let's be a bit more reasonable.. and if anything the plat sets shouldn't be as powerful as lootable gear. That would just give power to plat buyers without doing any work, which is what is happening as we speak.
    You rounded up AL in this post. Yes, the whole game.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    That's never going to happen like ever. Not only because those packs took Time to make but they would be eliminating content on something they don't want to work at the moment. So why would they create a bigger problem then they have? Just saying though I dought this would ever happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Um till this post plat packs have been fine so js. Don't make it sound like us (PLAT PLAYERS) who payed for items are dogging you out of dmg please thank you. More like players that ran forgottens with almost 180 dmg now run less so now you got plat players that run loot & plat packs out gunning you.

AND ON THAT MATTER plat packs where made for lvling up past that hard lvl your on. SO MAYBE instead of saying nerf it all you should say nerf it in pvp not pve. am I right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

So what do you propose they do just leave it op? The only one to blame is themselves for trying to jump on the op bandwagon.. when it is pretty clear that they will be nerfed at one point since the gear is stronger than 2 campaigns above it. If it is not, then I believe I will have lost all hope in STG for not fixing something that an mmo producer should put pretty high up on their list. I think the plat pack users have had more than enough time to enjoy and exploit the over poweredness of the gear.
    Enjoyed weak packs that until now are suppsidle op? Oh yah because everyone wants to run that. Talk to me about a Phoenix bow bird pvp set up being op and then maybe il listen. Cuz right I'm not seeing the big deal like with forgottens being op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila View Post
    Um till this post plat packs have been fine so js. Don't make it sound like us (PLAT PLAYERS) who payed for items are dogging you out of dmg please thank you. More like players that ran forgottens with almost 180 dmg now run less so now you got plat players that run loot & plat packs out gunning you.

AND ON THAT MATTER plat packs where made for lvling up past that hard lvl your on. SO MAYBE instead of saying nerf it all you should say nerf it in pvp not pve. am I right?
    I'm really having a hard time understanding anything you are saying. If the gear is op it doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp. One should not have the stats of a level 30 at level 20. And "until this post plat packs have been fine"?, it's been mentioned already, STS has done nothing, so I am here posting it again.

Enjoyed weak packs that until now are suppsidle op? Oh yah because everyone wants to run that. Talk to me about a Phoenix bow bird pvp set up being op and then maybe il listen. Cuz right I'm not seeing the big deal like with forgottens being op.
    Like I said I'm still having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. I haven't said a thing about pheonix bow bird nor does this thread have anything to do with higher levels. I'm talking about lower level twinking, and the strength plat packs definitely have an effect on it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm really having a hard time understanding anything you are saying. If the gear is op it doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp. One should not have the stats of a level 30 at level 20. And "until this post plat packs have been fine"?, it's been mentioned already, STS has done nothing, so I am here posting it again.

Like I said I'm still having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. I haven't said a thing about pheonix bow bird nor does this thread have anything to do with higher levels. I'm talking about lower level twinking, and the strength plat packs definitely have an effect on it.
    What are you having a hard time understanding? The fact that packs where not over powered till the new nerfs? Or the fact that removing them is not happening due to no content updates. Like there's not that's hard to get hear other then you just want everything that's slightly stronger then what you have to be gone. Simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

What are you having a hard time understanding? The fact that packs where not over powered till the new nerfs? Or the fact that removing them is not happening due to no content updates. Like there's not that's hard to get hear other then you just want everything that's slightly stronger then what you have to be gone. Simple
    Explain to me how the packs were not op til the new nerfs. They have been OP for a while now the stats didn't change, they just became more effective now that tanking is more viable than nuking these levels. Did I ever say I wanted them removed? No. The last sentence of yours I can barely understand, but from what I see I'm can see that you are agreeing that it is stronger than other gear. But what you don't understand is that it's not just slightly stronger, I already told you it can match gear that is campaigns above it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Explain to me how the packs were not op til the new nerfs. They have been OP for a while now the stats didn't change, they just became more effective now that tanking is more viable than nuking these levels. Did I ever say I wanted them removed? No. The last sentence of yours I can barely understand, but from what I see I'm can see that you are agreeing that it is stronger than other gear. But what you don't understand is that it's not just slightly stronger, I already told you it can match gear that is campaigns above it.
    Goes what? PUFFFF I don't care if you don't understand. Pay to play players get better stuff then you? GOOD they made pl what it is today. And on top of that you said your posting this again? It must of not been that big of a deal then and it still is not that big of a deal now. DONE PUFFFF!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Goes what? PUFFFF I don't care if you don't understand. Pay to play players get better stuff then you? GOOD they made pl what it is today. And on top of that you said your posting this again? It must of not been that big of a deal then and it still is not that big of a deal now. DONE PUFFFF!!!
    There's a fine line between over powered and a slight advantage. I do agree pay to play players should receive bonuses. And I have purchased a lot of platinum and yes I do own some strength plat packs myself. I'm not sure if you only play endgame and are clueless about twink levels or you are a str plat pack user yourself. Either way the stats are over powered and denying so only shows your ignorance or selfishness. Would you like to see a comparison of stats? It hasn't been much of a big deal on the forums because of the decline in old twinks. Imagine if a level 70 plat pack was strong or almost as strong as end game gear. There would be complete outrage on the forums only because there is much more of a "voice" for endgame pvpers on forums unlike twinkers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

There's a fine line between over powered and a slight advantage. I do agree pay to play players should receive bonuses. And I have purchased a lot of platinum and yes I do own some strength plat packs myself. I'm not sure if you only play endgame and are clueless about twink levels or you are a str plat pack user yourself. Either way the stats are over powered and denying so only shows your ignorance or selfishness. Would you like to see a comparison of stats? It hasn't been much of a big deal on the forums because of the decline in old twinks. Imagine if a level 70 plat pack was strong or almost as strong as end game gear. There would be complete outrage on the forums only because there is much more of a "voice" for endgame pvpers on forums unlike twinkers.
    You want to know why your plan to just lower the plat pack probably got dropped? Because no one would ever be happy about it.
    Sts won't make such a bold move as nerfing PLAT items and I think you know 100% why. Still don't know? Because it would scare off plat players that nerf would tell them (unless they got a refund and even then) that your money means nothing you own nothing & that what ever you buy can be changed without a refund or say from them. And that's why this wont happen.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

You want to know why your plan to just lower the plat pack probably got dropped? Because no one would ever be happy about it.
    Sts won't make such a bold move as nerfing PLAT items and I think you know 100% why. Still don't know? Because it would scare off plat players that nerf would tell them (unless they got a refund and even then) that your money means nothing you own nothing & that what ever you buy can be changed without a refund or say from them. And that's why this wont happen.
    I don't think you will ever get it, and it is such a simple concept to grasp as well. Truly do not know why you can't seem to understand that if items are over powered, then a nerf is necessary because it will benefit the game as a whole.

Here's your logic: example of a situation - Staff bought from plat store does twice the damage of any weapon in that level range. No don't nerf it because it will make the unskilled players upset that they will actually have to get skill instead of rely on op gear. It doesn't matter if they have massive advantage over other players. they are paying players !!1!!!

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I know how to fix this!--> everyone buy str packs! Jk
    In all honesty though, I do agree that str packs are pretty op.
    Even I do love using my str Mage and rhino both at 20 with plat packs, I gotta agree that there should be a nerf on the packs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All hail Naetheanimal for eternalizing the both admiration for l20 rhinos using plat hammer, and hatred. Hallowed is his name, humble is his praise.