Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey Devs, Please Bring Back The Rush!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    i vote yes to rush, yes to nerfing the yellows, and YES TO MAKING PINKS RARER
    what do u mean yellows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    They should bring back the Rush! then all things will be normal again. The game is currently chaotic and uncontrollable. It even added Diablerie's death toll from 15 to 73! Wanna know why? cause lousy Bastet respawns just when my Buffs go off, this gets very frustrating. And twink, i never rush, i like clearing dungeons and having fun. I'll do rushing only once in awhile to add fun for the team

P/s: whats the Definition of "Myna Gen"?
    does not compute.

And guys seriously, quit whining...
    There are tons of drops in ao3, If you play victory lap for maybe an hour or 2 youll probably get a void/rift/cosmos.
    Personally, I have been playing ao3 since a week or so after it came out, and I have only gotten 1 good drop, and you don't see me complaining.
    Just deal with it's done and they're not changing it back. IMO the speed in which you kill the boss doesn't have much to do with the drops. example...
    My miarge robe dropped after clearing gurgox and overlord mobs.
    Ive seen 2 sunblessed shmitars dropped after clearing mynas, and have seen nothing dropped when rushing it.
    Seen a gurgox eye drop after clearing gurgox mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The point is that the faster you can get to the boss, the more times you can kill it, hence more chances at getting loot within the same period of time. Duh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    The point is that the faster you can get to the boss, the more times you can kill it, hence more chances at getting loot within the same period of time. Duh.
    doesnt matter what the ****** reason is. its done. its over. DEAL WITH IT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I was simply explaining that the reason people like to rush has nothing to do with the chance of a rare from a rushed boss Vs a non-rushed boss. Smoae, I think you just like pissing all over anything I post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was simply explaining that the reason people like to rush has nothing to do with the chance of a rare from a rushed boss Vs a non-rushed boss. Smoae, I think you just like pissing all over anything I post.
    I was referring to everyone who is complaining here I just quoted you because you pointed out the reason why people rush which was required in my post to make my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weelll you only got 1 MIRAGE ROBES?! thats worth alot == I havent gotten a single rare one besides a Laser Wand and the Force Kite..

P/s: i think i was one of the first ones to get a Laser Wand. And clearing dungeons inprove drop rates.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And clearing dungeons inprove drop rates.
    How can you prove this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go try it out, it worked for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've seen no rhyme or reason to the drops. Some days I'll get several rare drops, other days I'll get zip. My methods of playing don't change. So how do you know it wasn't just a coincidence? Do you get rare drops almost every time you clear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i NEVER get rare drops. but people who clear the dungeon with me always ends up with eithe Void/Cosmos/Rift gear. and I've only seen a single Force Kite dropped when I was rushing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Well i NEVER get rare drops. but people who clear the dungeon with me always ends up with eithe Void/Cosmos/Rift gear. and I've only seen a single Force Kite dropped when I was rushing.
    doesnt matter if u rush or crush... loot is always random.. lesrider and me got same amount of good loots if rushing or crushing.. some day we get 1 loot... and some day like last friday we got 4 lots (power armor, mega blaster, scimitar, laser talon) did i forgot something Lesrider?
    we do allways kill the amount we need... and we always did..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My view here is that, it's a game, and should be played in that way.

Rush was only an advantage to those who can, what about those who can't?

And when they rush, get the purps, what about the others? They would just have to farm their arses to raise hundreds of thousands of gold, because these "rushers" control about every singe purp available.

Most of the people I see calling to get the "rushing" back into the game are in the high 45s or 50s. So where is the "balance" in that?

If the Devs removed it or you guys term it as a "nerf", they already provided ample explanation why, and from how I see things, they aren;t going to put it back into the game.

"Rushing" is imba, IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Saying rushing isn't fair because level 50s are the only ones who can do it is like saying it's not fair that someone who finished school and got their degree got the job over someone who didn't finish school. Rushing used to be the reward for leveling up, practicing and getting good enough at the game (and maybe gear) to rush past mobs that would have killed you beforehand. I had no problem clearing maps before I could handle rushing. In fact, I would make a game and announce it in the beginning what we were doing so that anyone who wanted to rush could leave then. I still announce in the beginning what the plan is, if any new people joined since our last run.

I think what people are confusing with unfairness is simply a lack of communication. If you just talk to people and tell them what you plan to do, you'll find likeminded people and be able to play the game he way you want. Well, that was before the new update, at least. Crushing the rush basically forces people to slow down, who would otherwise have been able to get the job done quicker. All because some people who aren't skilled enough yet to rush, complained.

But now those of us who want it to go back to the way it was, are being called the whiners lol. It's the whiners that got the rush crushed in the first place!
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-15-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Hey Devs, Please Bring Back The Rush!
    No thanks, doors for cheaters is that way -->

Instead of bringing back the rush, increase the drop of pinks. For example the overlord should drop only pinks. You get the idea...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saying rushing isn't fair because level 50s are the only ones who can do it is like saying it's not fair that someone who finished school and got their degree got the job over someone who didn't finish school.

-This is a game, we should talk to it about that way

Rushing used to be the reward for leveling up, practicing and getting good enough at the game (and maybe gear) to rush past mobs that would have killed you beforehand. I had no problem clearing maps before I could handle rushing.

-And with that, only level 50s would get pinks, and what would happen to the others then?

In fact, I would make a game and announce it in the beginning what we were doing so that anyone who wanted to rush could leave then. I still announce in the beginning what the plan is, if any new people joined since our last run.

I think what people are confusing with unfairness is simply a lack of communication. If you just talk to people and tell them what you plan to do, you'll find likeminded people and be able to play the game he way you want. Well, that was before the new update, at least. Crushing the rush basically forces people to slow down, who would otherwise have been able to get the job done quicker. All because some people who aren't skilled enough yet to rush, complained.

-Its an MMO with RPG elements, not an action game (like side-scrollers or platform games)

But now those of us who want it to go back to the way it was, are being called the whiners lol. It's the whiners that got the rush crushed in the first place!

-I guess the Devs have already made the change, and I don't see in the foreseeable future that this will be put back in the game. Like they say, it beats the purpose of how they made the game.

What I would recommend is just let it go, and play the game the way you do, with or without the update or changes.

Besides, it's just a game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why would only lvl 50s get pinks with rushing? It didn't change the likelihood of other (non-rushing) players getting rare loot, it only gave the person doing it more chances to get it in the time they were playing. All that killing the rush did is drive ip prices on things that are now too time-consuming to farm, like the Wraith. So for those who might not have the best luck farming, well now they have to pay top dollar for those items they need. And it's still going to be easier for a team of lvl 50s to farm something than a team of lvl 45s or whatever. That's how it works. Why should it be as easy for lower levels to achieve something as it is for a higher level. Again, I think more of the complaints about the rush came from people who were just jealous they couldn't successfully rush themselves.

And the devs welcome feedback, and who knows -- if the changes are scaring away long-time players (some have already disappeared), perhaps the debs will change their mind and, at least find a compromise that would make everyone happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bottom line is, it's already been changed.

If, and if the Devs decide to come up with a compromise, I'm sure its to balance the game.

Like i said, learn to move on, it's only a game.