Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Request: Add Effects To The Halloween Banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Personally, I don't think people should be complaining about a free item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Maybe use the current orange color & make it fade in & out or glow?
    I was thinking about something like that:
    Name:  PicsArt_1383465112000.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  330.0 KB

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juicymango For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango:1321901
    Maybe use the current orange color & make it fade in & out or glow?
    Lol just a glowing effect for 10 days?

But I would give +1 for this request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

It's not 8 it's 13 (X is 10 I is 1) it symbolizes "2013" so next year I'm assuming the banner would be "XIV" (14) to symbolize 2014
    Oh wow.. I was dumb there. It was about 3 AM my time so I wasn't even thinking lol. sorry. yeah I now realize it is 13 and not 8 (VIII).
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Make bats come out the banner and fly around it just suggesting
    Pvpios lvl 14 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    So just because its "free" we don't have a right to ask for a change? We spent are time working to acquire, it only comes around once a year, it's not like anyone's asking for a complete overhaul, just some extra effect to make it stand out more

I do like the banner it's just besides the pumpkin on it, it doesn't stand out & is no different from a leaderboards banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I would love this if it were possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

You shut your mouth Parf! I want my banner to be shiney and sparkling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    You shut your mouth Parf! I want my banner to be shiney and sparkling.
    Especially the Sparkles! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So just because its "free" we don't have a right to ask for a change? We spent are time working to acquire, it only comes around once a year, it's not like anyone's asking for a complete overhaul, just some extra effect to make it stand out more

I do like the banner it's just besides the pumpkin on it, it doesn't stand out & is no different from a leader-boards banner
    Yes, that's exactly right.

In the past, the more people complain about the free items that STG willfully gives to its players, the less such events happen. They made a very well designed banner. Honestly, I don't think anyone should be complaining about it.

If anything, I think it's rather insulting to the design team if you're just calling it a re-skinned leader-board banner. The only commonality that they share is the roman numerals. Other than that, the artwork is completely different.

The leader-board banners are released once a season and never again will the same exact leader-board banner be used. So, if we put your logic to that, then by logic all the leader-board banners should be super sparkly? Not everything has to be completely showy.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Yes, that's exactly right.

In the past, the more people complain about the free items that STG willfully gives to its players, the less such events happen. They made a very well designed banner. Honestly, I don't think anyone should be complaining about it.

If anything, I think it's rather insulting to the design team if you're just calling it a re-skinned leader-board banner. The only commonality that they share is the roman numerals. Other than that, the artwork is completely different.

The leader-board banners are released once a season and never again will the same exact leader-board banner be used. So, if we put your logic to that, then by logic all the leader-board banners should be super sparkly? Not everything has to be completely showy.
    Um I'm not trying to insult the Dev Team in any way, I DO LIKE THE BANNER I thought I made that quite clear but I guess not >_>

& as much as I don't like using the "it looks like a leaderboards banner" it's exactly what it is the border & background are just re-coloured & a different image is put on

& isn't every item in this game "free"? (Except for mythic pets & legendary plat exclusive pets?) so by your logic since everything is "free" we should never ask for anything to be changed? If we didn't give feedback & didn't ask for change the game wouldn't be where it is today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

As a designer myself i can tell, its not much effort to create a banner like this. 1 hour max. So i dont think its asked to much to add a lttle sparkle or glow.

and for the "its free, so dont complain" argument: nothing is free. Every single pixel is paid for eventually by the customers. May it be through plat bought or advertised products bought. Companys dont create value. Customers do. Think about it.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    As a designer myself i can tell, its not much effort to create a banner like this. 1 hour max. So i dont think its asked to much to add a lttle sparkle or glow.

and for the "its free, so dont complain" argument: nothing is free. Every single pixel is paid for eventually by the customers. May it be through plat bought or advertised products bought. Companys dont create value. Customers do. Think about it.
    Lol customer? Well I believe customer here pay alot of cash.. its not juz $50 $100. Some of them pay more than 1k. Trust me.
    And this is not complain. Its juz request. Can or not its depend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post

Thank you, someone that understands xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I love this effect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Juicy mangoes effect simply but is the something special everyone is looking for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    Juicy mangoes effect simply but is the something special everyone is looking for
    Defiantly agreed, if anything is to be changed I'd love to see the banner like this, but all in all it's up to the DEVs on what they wish to do, will just have to wait & see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Um I'm not trying to insult the Dev Team in any way, I DO LIKE THE BANNER I thought I made that quite clear but I guess not >_>

& as much as I don't like using the "it looks like a leaderboards banner" it's exactly what it is the border & background are just re-coloured & a different image is put on

& isn't every item in this game "free"? (Except for mythic pets & legendary plat exclusive pets?) so by your logic since everything is "free" we should never ask for anything to be changed? If we didn't give feedback & didn't ask for change the game wouldn't be where it is today
    Why have you not answered my question about why this banner should be more special than a leader-board banner? It's a banner that hundreds of players have received. Should it really look better than the leader-board banners? I like it the way it is. I'm sure others do as well.

As you said, you like it the way it is as well. Mostly everybody I have asked likes the banner the way it is. Infact, a lot of people do not think the more something is flashy, the better it is. Hence, the pricing difference between razerback blades of force and nightmarish blades of force. Also, take a look at heraldics. They look like beggar gear, yet command some of the highest prices in the game.

You're right, everything in this game is free. However, there are options to pay for it. So, those that have absolutely have a right to explain. However, this banner was 100% free. I'm telling you from experience, don't complain about the free stuff. If you choose to keep beating on the dead horse, be my guest. However, if the freebies start getting crappier each year, don't start wondering why.

This is a tastefully designed banner that is one of the few banners I would choose to wear other than my leader-board banners. Not many banners are capable of that.

P.S: Mythics cost either gold or platinum. Therefore, they are not free. However, this banner required only dedication if you wanted it. Infact, you actually were given the chance to earn gold and platinum daily towards obtaining it!
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Why have you not answered my question about why this banner should be more special than a leader-board banner? It's a banner that hundreds of players have received. Should it really look better than the leader-board banners? I like it the way it is. I'm sure others do as well.

As you said, you like it the way it is as well. Mostly everybody I have asked likes the banner the way it is. Infact, a lot of people do not think the more something is flashy, the better it is. Hence, the pricing difference between razerback blades of force and nightmarish blades of force. Also, take a look at heraldics. They look like beggar gear, yet command some of the highest prices in the game.

You're right, everything in this game is free. However, there are options to pay for it. So, those that have absolutely have a right to explain. However, this banner was 100% free. I'm telling you from experience, don't complain about the free stuff. If you choose to keep beating on the dead horse, be my guest. However, if the freebies start getting crappier each year, don't start wondering why.

This is a tastefully designed banner that is one of the few banners I would choose to wear other than my leader-board banners. Not many banners are capable of that.

P.S: Mythics cost either gold or platinum. Therefore, they are not free. However, this banner required only dedication if you wanted it. Infact, you actually were given the chance to earn gold and platinum daily towards obtaining it!
    I get what your saying & I don't disagree you are right

As for the "more special than leader board banners" well it's insanely difficult to get a leaderboards banner (I'm sure you know that xP) & you can get them approx 2-3 times per year, & you're right that these banners are different every time that's what makes them special

Now as for the Halloween banner: This is only obtainable once a year during a time of holidays, it's a once a year & a "special occasion" banner that's the main reason it should stand out, I can think of many other MMOs where the holiday items are flashy as possible to make them stand out

Again I wanna say I do love this banner & change or not I'm stilling going to love it, it's just a simple request to add something else to it (& it sure seems by this thread that alot of players agree with me) (also remember that's exactly what happend to the Halloween mythics earlier in the event)

I defiantly see your point though, will just have to wait for the DEVs response (or no response)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I get what your saying & I don't disagree you are right

As for the "more special than leader board banners" well it's insanely difficult to get a leaderboards banner (I'm sure you know that xP) & you can get them approx 2-3 times per year, & you're right that these banners are different every time that's what makes them special

Now as for the Halloween banner: This is only obtainable once a year during a time of holidays, it's a once a year & a "special occasion" banner that's the main reason it should stand out, I can think of many other MMOs where the holiday items are flashy as possible to make them stand out

Again I wanna say I do love this banner & change or not I'm stilling going to love it, it's just a simple request to add something else to it (& it sure seems by this thread that alot of players agree with me) (also remember that's exactly what happend to the Halloween mythics earlier in the event)

I defiantly see your point though, will just have to wait for the DEVs response (or no response)
    Personally, for the leaderboard banners, I just do timed runs. Everything else, IMO, is not worth the time as the other banners only show how much dedication you put into the game. It does not really reflect the skills of a player.

As for the most part, I am just really fearful that the particle effect they do add is not necessarily one people might like on the banner. As of right now, I'm going to take the the following approaches:

• Don't complain about free items
    • If it's not broke, don't fix it! I'll be miffed if the updated banner somehow looks worse, haha.

Also, don't get me wrong, I do see the logic behind a lot of your points and I'm more than willing to admit that I agree with them. I am also, however, speaking on experience based on decisions made in other games they have created.

PS: The daggers weren't free, so I think that's why they got partical effects.