Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Even though I have these APs. I hope they get rid of them or set the points to 0. And replace them with some more interesting APs. Not just go find some random boss spawn. I think this has been covered enough in other threads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Gah.. Midas Touch, the accident waiting to happen. So at some point, the game devs decided it would be a good idea to introduce the 50/100m AP. It was patched in at a time when many were still struggling to get to 10m. The reaction was overwhelmingly negative as players anticipated where it would lead to. But that reaction wasn't big enough to basically get Sam to respond the way he did in this thread. And what we said would happen did happen.. now we're upset again. We wait for a big badaboom and then everyone flies into reaction (reaction not action).

There seems to be a few levels of denial happening with both gamers and game devs.. loosely grouped it into 2 points :

1) For the most part, STS has absolved itself from the responsibility of restoring stolen/accidentally NPC-ed items. But it seems to lack consistency in this area too - you'll hear of one friend getting their item restored and another getting turned away.. even though it's the exact same scenario. Maybe a lack of SOP (standard operating procedure). So in a way, it's like not acknowledging that the scale of the problem requires its own solution, and fast. Free-to-play, but many of us are still paying customers. That, and the timing of introducing the 50/100m AP - I'll leave u to draw ur own conclusions. With any profit-driven corporation, there is no incentive to invest in/fix anything that does not have a direct impact on the superficial figures. This is the real world we've inherited, so we kinda have to acknowledge certain things before we can really roll with it.

2) Gamers still not protecting ourselves enough, going by trust basis. Sorry but as long as you're not able to go down the street and knock on that guy's door, you're setting yourself up for disappointment with plain old trust. Here, we're not acknowledging our social limits. It's not that there are more bad/good people online than in the real world; The online world simply removes certain barriers so, while it lets us experience a kind of alternate reality, we also get to see where we truly stand socially (or depending on how u understand the world, u could substitute the word for "spiritually"). We get upset because our shiny new bling ("advancements" in technology we call it) fools us into thinking we've gotten farther. But we haven't. How we look on the outside sometimes just gets in the way of what we wanna achieve - (for the younger gals, VS angel Cameron Russell probably said it best recently on Tedtalk). There's gotta be a balance between self-achievement and group achievement, I think this needs to be worked on. Also, we may be upset but our overall spend/pattern of behaviour is unlikely to change - some may boycott, some will truly work for change like the cheeses (yay) - most will just pretend to get upset, echo a few lines, to conform with what's socially acceptable but stand on the sidelines, hoping someone else will go first and take the bullets. If there were more unity in thought and action, we would be able to achieve anything. ^^

Unfortunately it's always tended to be like this, if it didn't happen to this friend it would happen to someone else. Sorry if I sound a bit blasé, not that I lack passion abt it.. I've just seen too many similar situations happen across different platforms. Most of us are too distracted and busy chasing the next personal achievement to do it differently.. to do stuff that counts. Maybe we're confused about what counts.. maybe that's what we need to figure out. We can't have our cake and eat it, too. Hey I'm still figuring this part out, too.

In the meantime, there are ways to safeguard ourselves. I think this lovely thread and the lovely people who responded here is a good start ^^v Agh.. ok, that's probably enough from me. ._. Hope at least some of this was useful! Love u guys.
    Last edited by Origin; 11-05-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Here's my version of this.

These AP's could stay if STS actually enforced some rules into their own game instead of letting scammers run wild.
    I can honestly say this now as I'm no longer part of the game but what kind of online game doesn't punish scammers? even with all the player testimonies, and concrete evidence provided, and amount of supports sent in, to this day these scammers are still running wild (and frankly they're proud of their accomplishments)

The removal of Midas Touch is just weak on all of you. Instead of asking for the removal of these kind of APs (which always exists in one shape or form in any MMO), you guys should be persuading the devs to do something about the scammers.

Arn't you guys all forgetting why people play MMOs? It's b/c it's a never ending game with limitless possibilities and with the removal of all the wealth achievements you guys are really putting this game a step backwards. Most of this game revolves around money and the players who've legitimately earned their gold who feel accomplished and want to be awarded for their achievements.

In many of my personal reports to STS, the one thing I highlighted was the fact that b/c STS put too much emphasis on "it's not our fault if you lose your gold/items in the trade window" even if you've got a verbal contractual promise/agreement with the other party. B/c of this scamming has become a way of "easy money".
    Why? because you can befriend someone and take their stuff afterwords and run scotch free.

So shoudld you guys let a few scammers ruin it for all of you?
    From what I see the primary outlying problem of this thread are scammers and not this particular set of APs.

=====
    *off topic & bit personal (for those curious)

What got me banned (& furthermore non-appealable) were as a result of scammers and my "harassment" towards this scammer (whom you all know).

*if STS is reading this, I suggest you guys implement equality and fair treatment before you permanently ban a player b/c from my point of view (and many can vouch for me), I got myself banned b/c of harassment yet they were the ones who scammed me and continued to harass, lie, cheat, spread rumours, and even distribute my personal information.

Blocking players in this game is most DEFINITELY NOT the best solution when:

- the report buttons broken
    - /r command still replies to blocked players
    which drove me crazy when kill _ _ _ _ spammed me on a daily basis preventing me from doing my daily merching
    - some of these individuals have the power to persuade a group of players to believe their side of the story to wage a war against you in many shapes and forms
    - in my case few of these players decides it'll be fun to spam my SKYPE username and personal location in public chat to many of those who dislikes me
    - and finally (to my disappointment in this company) their ignorance in these such cases. They tell you to contact support but what do you do when support ignores you for months?

I took it into my own hands in the end (and I think I acted within the acceptable boundaries) but obviously I went overboard and it seemed to have worked against me.
    Really does suck when scammers win at the end of the day doesn't it?
    Last edited by gundamsone; 11-04-2013 at 10:52 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

These AP's could stay if STS actually enforced some rules into their own game instead of letting scammers run wild.

[agree!!!!! I hope it must be removed]

HALL OF FAME RETURNS!
    IGN ramyunstyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for keeping this thread friendly.
    Well this is just a wonderfull news, i dont think people in leaderboard would care about this ap much i mean after all everyone in lb actually has it so removing it wouldnt do much effect, the ap we all would love to have it removed and would do a huge difference is the 10k flag ap lol. Lets hope people take thier mind of this ap in the future so no one get scammed by trying to be a good friend.

I ha e one wish, the guy who scammed our friend could see this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Wow.. never seen a response that big in a short time..
    N yes.. I agree with this ban..
    My friend lost 100 million to some ... who changed his id..
    Man.. it hurts a lot when someone takes even 100k gold from u n ports away...
    100 million would bring heart attack. .
    I calculated myself if I start farm it would take 1000 days (3 years).. to get to 100 million anyways. .
    Its useless to play for this ap...
    Yes.. plz ban it..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

id rather lose gold than to lose friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

When the community (more voices) speaks,the dev answers.tq sam thats all needed to at least hold on to our faith and hope that the game that we love has a favourable longevity.

I hope in future such voices can be rallied to safeguard ourselves from potential harms that can rob our joy and effort.
    It is OUR job to play a role to create movement towards a changing act.not 1.i am excited to see more and more players have a sense of empathy rather than beinf selfish which is not against tos but not benefiting the community either.

As much as some would say this is just a game.its also a reality that we have established a virtual society.being virtual is harmful so heres to a good start to iron out whats right or wrong so this be an enjoyable piece for all.and fulfilling for the devs too.

Nice work jon u certainly spark a change here.
    Last edited by Alfai; 11-05-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    semi-retired

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

IMO, it would be wise to remove something which acted as a catalyst for scams. Prevention is better than cure. So yes, STS please listen to the community by large and remove these gold Achievements. Thanks.
    Last edited by Demonassa; 11-05-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Sig by courtesy of Deadroth. Click on sig to visit his ArtFactory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

added this to list of threads devs need to pay attention to... Arcane Legends General Discussion

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

Proud Member of <The Community Guild>
    |Anarchyz - 76 PL Enchantress | 36 AL Sorcerer | 36 DL Vampiress|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If we do not remove this achievement... Maybe disallow the achievement to be obtained if within a 24 hour period you obtain more than 5 million gold BY TRADE, you cannot earn achievement at that point.... I dunno sounded better in my head... But limit it... So as to produce less scamming, or at least stretch it out, so as though every regular user can see the thin threads these scammers hand on... And "cut the threads" sending scamming to its doom.... I dont think anyone will understand what im saying here though

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

Proud Member of <The Community Guild>
    |Anarchyz - 76 PL Enchantress | 36 AL Sorcerer | 36 DL Vampiress|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    i agree the game should have advantage for plat users. However , as most players r not big plat users, Devs SHOULD MAKE THE GAME FAIR in some kind of balance.
    If there is some AP that need 100k plats, i would rather suggest sts make a "Buy plat LB and AP" ,who invest more cash on plats would get on lb ,ap points and get a special banner
    Wow maybe you forget Space time make money from plat users! with our plat user this game wont work! FYI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for keeping this thread friendly.
    WHAT!??? how about the people who spend a lot of plats for your game to get this AP! its not even fair for plat users

its not our fault they are careless and got scammed.

will you sts refund all the plats converted to gold?

tell me and ill agree to this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    will you sts refund all the plats converted to gold?
    Wow. That's a lot of plat spent on 100 mil gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Removing this AP don't solved anything!

there will always be a scammers on online games and STS need to do something about it. they should implement some rules like of proven scam with screen shot they should do a recall Systems just like other online game to return the gold back same with hack accounts.

The ap is for hardworking people who farm all day, merchers who merch the up to get 100m and last the plat users.

its not fair to removed this AP because a few careless people got scammed.

1.) no one force them to let there gold borrowed.
    2.) you trade 2 gold meaning you are aware what you are giving the person.
    3.) it is stated on the STS rules dont share any account info / items / gold to anyone you dont know.

Its was your fault you got scammed and now you keep crying on forums to banned the AP?
    did you post in forums and ask the people should i let this guy borrowed my 100m for AP?

because if did that normal we would all say no! now you guys got scammed post in forums and crying and Hassle a lot players.
    is your fault deal with it no one to blamed!

Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Here's my version of this.

I can honestly say this now as I'm no longer part of the game but what kind of online game doesn't punish scammers? even with all the player testimonies, and concrete evidence provided, and amount of supports sent in, to this day these scammers are still running wild (and frankly they're proud of their accomplishments)

The removal of Midas Touch is just weak on all of you. Instead of asking for the removal of these kind of APs (which always exists in one shape or form in any MMO), you guys should be persuading the devs to do something about the scammers.

Arn't you guys all forgetting why people play MMOs? It's b/c it's a never ending game with limitless possibilities and with the removal of all the wealth achievements you guys are really putting this game a step backwards. Most of this game revolves around money and the players who've legitimately earned their gold who feel accomplished and want to be awarded for their achievements.

In many of my personal reports to STS, the one thing I highlighted was the fact that b/c STS put too much emphasis on "it's not our fault if you lose your gold/items in the trade window" even if you've got a verbal contractual promise/agreement with the other party. B/c of this scamming has become a way of "easy money".
    Why? because you can befriend someone and take their stuff afterwords and run scotch free.

So shoudld you guys let a few scammers ruin it for all of you?
    From what I see the primary outlying problem of this thread are scammers and not this particular set of APs.

=====
    *off topic & bit personal (for those curious)

What got me banned (& furthermore non-appealable) were as a result of scammers and my "harassment" towards this scammer (whom you all know).

*if STS is reading this, I suggest you guys implement equality and fair treatment before you permanently ban a player b/c from my point of view (and many can vouch for me), I got myself banned b/c of harassment yet they were the ones who scammed me and continued to harass, lie, cheat, spread rumours, and even distribute my personal information.

Blocking players in this game is most DEFINITELY NOT the best solution when:

- the report buttons broken
    - /r command still replies to blocked players
    which drove me crazy when kill _ _ _ _ spammed me on a daily basis preventing me from doing my daily merching
    - some of these individuals have the power to persuade a group of players to believe their side of the story to wage a war against you in many shapes and forms
    - in my case few of these players decides it'll be fun to spam my SKYPE username and personal location in public chat to many of those who dislikes me
    - and finally (to my disappointment in this company) their ignorance in these such cases. They tell you to contact support but what do you do when support ignores you for months?

I took it into my own hands in the end (and I think I acted within the acceptable boundaries) but obviously I went overboard and it seemed to have worked against me.
    Really does suck when scammers win at the end of the day doesn't it?

I SHOULD SAY ITS VERY ANNOYING THEY BANNED YOU DUE TO TRASH TALKING AND HARASSING THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU.

WHILE STS CANT BANNED THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU LOL.

very disappointing the people who spend the most got banned while the people who scammed love is freely playing now.

removing this AP will only make the scam pot money smaller but wont solved any problems.

they are still a lot of ways like can i borrow your arcane maul for pictures! bla bla bla!

no one will get scammed if you wont let your self scammed!

its your choice to let him borrow so deal with it!

nice JOB STS!
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Removing this AP don't solved anything!

there will always be a scammers on online games and STS need to do something about it. they should implement some rules like of proven scam with screen shot they should do a recall Systems just like other online game to return the gold back same with hack accounts.

The ap is for hardworking people who farm all day, merchers who merch the up to get 100m and last the plat users.
    Actually, removing this AP, IMO will not solve anything, HOWEVER it will minimize the impacts on scammers. Now instead of those scammers scamming 100 mil gold, they are now limited to scamming 10 mil gold, or other worth merchandise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Actually, removing this AP, IMO will not solve anything, HOWEVER it will minimize the impacts on scammers. Now instead of those scammers scamming 100 mil gold, they are now limited to scamming 10 mil gold, or other worth merchandise.
    Lol they can still scammed arcane staff, arcane maul ect ect.

hey im your office for 6 months now. can i borrow you maul for pictures!

just like what happen to EOS one of paulsibe officer run away with the MAUL you think this is worth 10m that
    time???

dont make this AP as an excuse of your carelessness!

or maybe we should banned all arcane weapons because i know a lot of people got scammed and borrowed arcane items and run away!

come guys think!
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-05-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Lol they can still scammed arcane staff, arcane maul ect ect.

hey im your office for 6 months now. can i borrow you maul for pictures!

just like what happen to EOS one of paulsibe officer run away with the MAUL you think this is worth 10m that
    time???

dont make this AP as an excuse of your carelessness!

or maybe we should banned all arcane weapons because i know a lot of people got scammed and borrowed arcane items and run away!

come guys think!
    So then by keeping this AP, you think that scamming will stop? I'm afraid not, my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So then by keeping this AP, you think that scamming will stop? I'm afraid not, my friend.
    No it wont stop! your dont under stand my point!

my point is it is not the 100m ap why people get scammed so stop blaming the AP!

there is not point in removing the AP STS should do or implement rules about scamming Issue.

BTW when you gave it by trade its not scammed because you yourself are aware of lending them the gold.

no matter what court you will go if you go to sts rules it is your fault for lending him the gold!