Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beatrix View Post
    I think it's up for the people who have the "100M" already. Helping friends is "SO FINE" but again, think first. Why would I lend even a friend "100M" for the fact that ME, MYSELF and I worked so hard to get this money? If we guys don't like to get scam or whatever you call you, be wise and smart. "THE MIDAS TOUCH" ... It's an ACHIEVEMENT POINT for the first place. It's not just a give away like what others do in lending their own money just to help people to get AP. Why put this as an ACHIEVEMENT POINT if we will just give it away? That's the problem. Yeah, I understand that we are being "FRIENDLY" or "WE HAVE SO CALLED FRIENDS" but guys, it's our fault too, accept it.

Think that it is "100,000,000" that we just wanna hand to someone for a second or seconds. But still .... It's 100M and an ACHIEVEMENT POINT at stake. Let's just be wise. No one wants to get scammed. It's still our decision. Just think that we work so hard to get the gold.

IT IS UP TO US NOW IF WE WANT TO LEND IT FOR "JUST" AN ACHIEVEMENT POINT. NEVERTHELESS, THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE THIS AS AN ACHIEVEMENT POINT.

Thanks for reading :P

Peace everyone!

Beacuse they want to be cool and friendly? Good reputation maybe? Or just showoff maybe hey im rich you can borrow gold from me ill help you get the misdas touch I am and the man.

With out thinking the consequence but im sure they are aware of it. 100m is not like 100k that it will not cross your mind or will give you doubts, fear that this guy wont return it.

But. Still you made your choice you chose to let them borrow you gold so why make everyone pay for your mistske?

Live with it and move on!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

please review the whole thread, you can see how many agree with removing ap and how many disagree with it.

I think the result is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    Beacuse they want to be cool and friendly? Good reputation maybe? Or just showoff maybe hey im rich you can borrow gold from me ill help you get the misdas touch I am and the man.

With out thinking the consequence but im sure they are aware of it. 100m is not like 100k that it will not cross your mind or will give you doubts, fear that this guy wont return it.

But. Still you made your choice you chose to let them borrow you gold so why make everyone pay for your mistske?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think you will find the majority of people scammed are guildies that are trying to help there fellow guild members out. Ring any bells? Isn't this what you did? You we're just INCREDIBLY lucky to have not been scammed. Pretty sure that a little understanding would go a long way here.... Perhaps try putting yourself in their shoes.... Shouldn't be too difficult, all you have to do is imagine that one of your guildies had done the same thing. How would you feel?

John dont get our point at all. Its not just about the achivement points its about the money people invest to get this AP.
    If you think we get this AP the easy way by purchashing plats you are wrong.

1.) did you guys think where did we get the cash to purchase plats? ( kids dont understand this they just ask money from parents)
    2.)we all know its hard to earn $$$$ at this time.
    3.) yes its our money and spending it on this game is our way of plesure! We work hard at the office got a few extra dolars spend on the game.

Get this to your skull that no one force you to let them lend your gold your the one who gave the scammers oppunity by letting them fool you!

@the people who got scammed spi feel sorry for you but Grow up take responsibilities and dont let other players pay for mistakes you made.
    Ok, first of all, don't get your knickers in a knot.

I understand what you are saying I just don't agree with it. First of all I'm not a kid. Second of all I also invested a lot of money into this game because I too get a lot of pleasure and enjoyment out of this. Thirdly if you guys want to keep the AP then fine, but I don't think you should be awarded any points for it. This is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. It doesn't mean I don't understand what you are saying.

I don't know why you are becoming aggressive by saying that I need to get this into my skull, because I understand all of the valid points put accross in this argument. I think you are continually missing the point that we are just trying to make it less likely to be scammed by removing the main cause of the biggest way/reason to scam in game.

Yes daddy as u keep pointing out people should be more intelligent blah blah blah. The reality is that we are HUMAN BEINGS and we as a species will try and trust and befriend people. It's in our nature (well maybe not everyone) and we are too trusting sometimes. Oh and you saying that you shouldn't pay for other peoples mistakes.... Seriously? Take a look at the players supporting this thread. Plat spenders, free players, all walks of life. None of them are concerned about anything other than making this game a better place, and none of them are worried about how it's going to affect their purse. They just want a better society (and yes, game or not that is what this is).

I think you and I have put our points across about this enough now. I get what your saying, you get what I'm saying. Unfortunately you are in the minority, deal with it.

Let's just see what the devs come up with now, as this going back and fourth is getting no-one anywhere. You've said your piece, I've said mine, can't do anymore than that.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Where's that thread about your wife giving away something expensive of yours? Mistakes happen.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Where's that thread about your wife giving away something expensive of yours? Mistakes happen.
    Enough said. Lols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Daddy u need to understand things u read. Stop making yourself sound stupid. U said same thing over n over again. U see how many people disagree with u. U keep talking like you r only one in al, n like all of us need to make YOUR wishes come true.
    You r not only one. There r a lot of others n u need to understand you are out voted.

<Pride>

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hinataa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I totally agree with this!
    -Papablecarlo (Climax Guild)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to carloanddar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yehh its right guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

An idea that came to me, besides the normal back and forth going on, was adding a "return" option to trades. It could be a button added to the trade page which shows recent trades, and for say 8 hours after you make a trade, both parties of the trade have the option to undo a trade. Also, during the 8 hours after, the items/gold traded can't be traded or sold again. It is bound to that character. This would obviously help if someone tries to take off with your gold (or really anything else).. Just take it back.

The only real downside I see to this exact thought is that the gold couldn't be used for the 8 hours, yet it's not something unthinkable. Also, this is just a rough thought, things could be adapted. Anyway, whether this is the answer or not, I don't think the other ideas listed here are the perfect answer either. They are going to have a downside to someone or another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I hink the purpose of devs making these achievements is to makes those people (rich enough for " Filthy Rich") aim for more, too bad it turned out to be a means of scamming to some players. They took an advantage coz the borrowed gold can't be returned. Besides scrapping the achievement, I think we should eliminate scamming also by:

1. Improving support
    2. banning permanently those scammers
    3. and giving back the gold to their rightful owner (after investigations are done ofc)

In this way, we can still keep the "Midas touch AP" without having to fear of lending gold and being scammed. Sadly, at this moment, support can't do nothing as stated earlier, and for this reason, I would be happier for devs to remove the AP.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaunared For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

hot thread..lemme post something..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

skaunared is right. having some personnel dedicate to monitoring activities like scamming should greatly help minimize scammers. every action done should be logged to easily locate the last toon having that said item. once scammers' accounts are banned (including their real toons), this problem will be solved in a way

too bad those who are honest cannot get this ap because scammers are very agressive into fooling other players. so yeah, i say scrap those ap, keep filthy rich only and make up other aps that do not involve gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lulz.... Id love to sit all day watching stuff just like this...... But im not a support or a mod, and i cant get to stg

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

Proud Member of <The Community Guild>
    |Anarchyz - 76 PL Enchantress | 36 AL Sorcerer | 36 DL Vampiress|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    skaunared is right. having some personnel dedicate to monitoring activities like scamming should greatly help minimize scammers. every action done should be logged to easily locate the last toon having that said item. once scammers' accounts are banned (including their real toons), this problem will be solved in a way

too bad those who are honest cannot get this ap because scammers are very agressive into fooling other players. so yeah, i say scrap those ap, keep filthy rich only and make up other aps that do not involve gold
    Sadly there will still be scammers, my suggestion is to lessen the "Temptation" to scam. Scammers will just think " why should I scam more, all of this will be for nothing, I'll be device banned permanently ". By improving support and implementing a strict rule and punishment, scamming will be a NO NO for players, and with this Arlor would be a better place to play in and players would live happily ever after!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

All this over 200 AP points (100 APs each for Goldfinger/Midas)? For me I don't like these APs because when people ask you to borrow your gold, you have to find some way to turn them down without hurting their feelings. This puts me in a rather awkward situation. The game shouldn't make you feel like the bad guy because you're not willing to risk handing over all your gold to someone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

18 page #356 o.O
    PL - Besbirdy L76 Bird
    Well you done is better than well said...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont even bother with AP points... Ive capped 3 times in PL so im moving on until new update

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

Proud Member of <The Community Guild>
    |Anarchyz - 76 PL Enchantress | 36 AL Sorcerer | 36 DL Vampiress|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My heart gos out to the people who have worked extremely hard to earn 100m. Then to put trust in a friend only for there friend to simply log out and change name. Simple solution to this would simply be to make 0 ap, so you could still lb without this ap. When 100m is shown in there inventory alot of people will greedily just log out and take the 100m. Definetely agree will Jon, apollo and the others that share this opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

weird if they will feel bad if they get turned down. theyre not Gods or something

id totally understand if someone wont lend me those millions for a few sec just to get the ap.

thing is not everybody thinks like me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

I wanna say I got the achievement after begging for a very very long (online) time (which was about 2 weeks lol) to borrow the money.

Yes, I only got it for the AP so I could stay on leaderboard.

Yes, I vote to get it removed. Yes, I also believe people who lend money and got scammed were taking a risk and they should not blame anyone but themselves. It should't fall onto STS' shoulder to track down conversations and transactions to determine wether something was scammed or not by virtue of verbal agreements, this would be too much of a heavyload.

However, this AP promotes and facilitates scamming, remove it and you remove the temptation that comes with it. Risk mitigation.

I am a plat spender (used to be a heavier one) but I strongly believe the advantage I get from it should not be so great as to discourage free players and get them into thinking they cannot achieve the same goals with hard work in game. When free players feel that way they leave and the game becomes less interesting and less competitive. This is why i strongly oppose to plat exclusive achievements (such as arcanes used to be).

If removing the AP is such a big deal, then please, bring in all those 98127438925639 other achievements we suggested a while back to remove the pressure on these 2 particular AP (gold and flags). There is no other reason to borrow 100m if not for AP and leaderboard as it's borrowed money you cannot spend.

As energizeric said, we should have such a variety of AP to be on leaderboard that we could chose which one to focus on and have different ways to achieve the LB goal.

------------------------
    On a side note, I agree with trueorigins that STS has had a very erratic standing in dealing with various issues on the game. There is no consistency of conduct on their part. I will exemplify this with an email I saw from support where they returned an account that was claimed to be stolen - I will not get into whether the password was given away or not as it doesn't matter, because when STS returned the account they acknowledged the claim to be pertinent - but didn't return an item that went missing from said account. And they wouldn't tell what was done with it either.

Another recent, more public episode happened with grimm eggs. In this case they got their act together and devised a standardized procedure. But the same rationale applies to class balance, leaderboard wipe outs and various other aspects of the game.

The toeless smurf!