Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Emma and Jon,

Majority? Come on a lot of big time plat user dont even have a forums account.

I yes majority of the forum users agree but not arcane players, there are more than 20k players in arcane legends.

Dont blame the AP because you of carelessness, Let say we are human we make friends and its normal to help them.
    But if we turn them down i dont think they will get mad or be offended its 100m after all.

Lets put this on another scenario. let me calculate how much 100m = 20k platinum converted platinum and converted to USD.

100m is like 1,058 USD, a friend who you meet online will ask can i borrow $1,058 for like 2-3hrs ill return them back.

You think you will let them? Come its hard to make money in real life and you will let someone you meet online borrow $1,058??
    Even in real life its hard to let people you know borrow amount of money.
    My point is this is online dont trust anyone but if you do trust them that is by your choice.
    NO one force to and told you to lend them the money.
    End of the day its still your call, your responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by beatrix View Post
    I think it's up for the people who have the "100M" already. Helping friends is "SO FINE" but again, think first. Why would I lend even a friend "100M" for the fact that ME, MYSELF and I worked so hard to get this money? If we guys don't like to get scam or whatever you call you, be wise and smart. "THE MIDAS TOUCH" ... It's an ACHIEVEMENT POINT for the first place. It's not just a give away like what others do in lending their own money just to help people to get AP. Why put this as an ACHIEVEMENT POINT if we will just give it away? That's the problem. Yeah, I understand that we are being "FRIENDLY" or "WE HAVE SO CALLED FRIENDS" but guys, it's our fault too, accept it.

Think that it is "100,000,000" that we just wanna hand to someone for a second or seconds. But still .... It's 100M and an ACHIEVEMENT POINT at stake. Let's just be wise. No one wants to get scammed. It's still our decision. Just think that we work so hard to get the gold.
    IT IS UP TO US NOW IF WE WANT TO LEND IT FOR "JUST" AN ACHIEVEMENT POINT. NEVERTHELESS, THEY SHOULDN'T MAKE THIS AS AN ACHIEVEMENT POINT.
    Peace everyone!
    We can only agree with Jaytb proposal. Its not only you john and Emma spend a lot of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Maybe there's some middle ground to be found...

I agree that something needs to be done, even if the person who got scammed has him/her self to blame. It's just too easy and too harsh of a scam to let it be like it is in its current form. There's a big difference between lending an item or lending whatever to achieve AP's. the AP associated with the Midas touch is basically what gives scammers a valid reason to ask you for your hard earned gold.

That said, I also understand that people who spend a lot of plat just for the AP's, shouldn't be 'punished' for people's lack of common sense. Taking away the AP wouldn't be fair to them.

So these are basically the 2 sides to the story as I understood it and personally, I think they are both valid things to consider.

So yeah, although I haven't figured it out (yet?), maybe there might be another solution to this. One less drastic as to remove the AP while simultaneously lowering (or eliminating) the chances to get scammed because of it.

There are many smart people on the forums so I'm positive that we could come up with something that could potentially be a solution for both parties. At least that's what I'll focus on in the rest of my post.

The best I could come up with for the moment (and I saw someone suggest something similar somewhere), is keeping the AP but making you hold the gold for a specific amount of time before it's granted.

One of the problems would be were you need to keep the gold. Do you have to keep it on one character or in stash for a period of time? To me it feels most convenient if we could just have the amount of gold in our account and get the AP granted just once per account, while every character in that account would automatically get the title. This would also prevent people/guilds from just creating a ton of alts in the same account and give them the Midas touch to boost up their total guild AP's.

I do see a problem with having alts in different guilds and which toon should get the AP's for leaderboards purposes, so let's look at the stash option. With this option, you could basically keep all the AP's, but every toon that wants it need to stash 100 mil (minus 1 gold) for a specific period of time before the AP is granted to that character.

Second problem would be the time you'd need to have the gold in your account or your stash. Make it too short, and people will still ask for it, while making it too long could make it too hard for some to ever get there. I was thinking about a week or so before the AP gets granted.

Note that I didn't mention keeping the gold on a character for a longer period of time, because this would just be really inconvenient. You wouldn't be able to receive gold trades, cs sales or liquidation fees for items during the time period you're holding on to the gold.

So yeah, that's just a random possible way of keeping both AP's and lowering chances to scam significantly.

I dare you to do better! (Can't be that hard LOL)
    This i will agree or reset everyone who got the title then no more borrowing!

IF you let them borrow its your risk your call!
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-06-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

People don't scam for AP's lol...
    And there will always be friendship, trust and item/gold lending in any online game so nothing will prevent future scamming.

Why can't people understand it's STS to blame here and not these players.

STS also needs to read their freakin reports and take them more seriously.
    One of the early big scammers back in season 2 is still playing to this day and he's setting a DAM FINE EXAMPLE for others to follow. *cough* k _ _ _ z _ _ _*cough*
    To this day and to my limited knowledge, NON of these BIG NAMED SCAMMERS got banned for what they did. Some of them even attempted Round 2, 3, 4, 5, etc with a few name changes inbetween.
    So BAN these guru scammers who started the notion of "scamming => easy money => no ban => win"

STS needs to step in, take responsibility, and put a leash on this issue , so here's what THEY SHOULD DO.
    1. Remove that stickied thread where you guys take 0 responsibility for being scammed.
    2. Make it aware to everyone in this game there is ZERO tolerance for scamming.
    3. Read your reports b/c some players spend a good amount of time providing you with all the proof you need, so check those chat logs of yours.
    4. Let the in game players know how to deal with this situation. Many scammed players don't speak out b/c they don't know how or where and few in this community offers a helping hand to these individuals.
    5. Implement some players mods to control the bad cookies. There's many legitimate players who will put in their personal time to try and make the game better for the rest of us. Best part is it's a FREE service so you incure minimal costs to maintain this system.

*also review my account again plz so I can come back and help fight back against these people
    Last edited by gundamsone; 11-06-2013 at 02:25 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

@gundamsone lol that guy still active until now? didnt expect that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chitgoks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    And there will always be friendship, trust and item/gold lending in any online game so nothing will prevent future scamming.

One of the early big scammers back in season 2 is still playing to this day and he's setting a DAM FINE EXAMPLE for others to follow. *cough* k _ _ _ z _ _ _*cough*
    To this day and to my limited knowledge, NON of these BIG NAMED SCAMMERS got banned for what they did. Some of them even attempted Round 2, 3, 4, 5, etc with a few name changes inbetween.
    So BAN these guru scammers who started the notion of "scamming => easy money => no ban => win"

STS needs to step in, take responsibility, and put a leash on this issue , so here's what THEY SHOULD DO.
    1. Remove that stickied thread where you guys take 0 responsibility for being scammed.
    3. Read your reports b/c some players spend a good amount of time providing you with all the proof you need, so check those chat logs of yours.
    4. Implement some players mods to control the bad cookies. There's many legitimate players who will put in their personal time to try and make the game better for the rest of us. Best part is it's a FREE service so you incure minimal costs to maintain this system.

*also review my account again plz so I can come back and help fight back against these people
    My dear Friend,

1st good morning, im glad to see you active in forums.

yes true its not about the AP.

Yes yes i remember very well the Name of the person who scammed you still roaming freely In game.

And i hope they would bring Love back in action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

He's the one who got me banned along with some big ego pixel huggers in immaculate
    The harassment level was over 9000!!!!!

the week before I got banned they told me "Love you're getting banned soon"
    Me and the others around at the time were literally loling at that statement...talking with such authority coming from such disrespectful low class players
    Guess I was wrong in the end hehe

Someone reading this go make a thread on how STS can put an end to this issue b/c there's a few good suggestions that could be made into a thread in this massive sea of posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

He's the one who got me banned along with some big ego pixel huggers in immaculate

Me and the others around at the time were literally loling at that statement...talking with such authority coming from such disrespectful low class players

Someone reading this go make a thread on how STS can put an end to this issue b/c there's a few good suggestions that could be made into a thread in this massive sea of posts.

I know who you are talking.. Ohh well life is unfair it always be.

Ill drop an inbox

back to the topic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Keeping the midas touch ap or not?
    Seriously I don't care.
    But Id say just KEEP it!

You want to get rid off it. Fine... the scammers will just scamming for the other wealth aps.
    Getting rid of all those wealth aps then? Scammers will keep scamming friendly nice people for any other stuffs.

Is this midas touch scam > than any other scam in the game?
    For me no.
    Scamming for a pixel or a dollar, both are just as bad.

The problem is not the title ap, the problem is the scammer.
    And here sts has the responsability to make al, pl, dl, sl,... any game they are creating/have created a safer, fun place.

For me it is just ridiculous how the same guy can perform several times any scams before getting caught or even never... report/mail not working or fast enough response.

But then what scammer is getting banned. Account banned? He can create others or have already others waiting to be used. Device banned also? So what he'll use an other ipad, pod, tablet, phablet, phone, pc... ip banned? Use an other. Credit card trace? That I dont know lol... not sure if theyll ban the number for making any purchase in futur.

Its a hard job for sts, im pretty sure.
    Trying to root out scammers, accomplices, money laundry.
    (Wonder if sts not giving back the 100kk is because they were scammed by false scammed people lol)

there are ways to make this or their other games
    safer without simply deleting this midas touch ap for sts. And its not much harder or time consuming than implementing crafting.
    If I had to give some toughts: make the wealth ap tied
    to your auction balance. If its positive for ex: 100kk, you get your title midas touch. Or buy it with plat gold also.
    Im the kind of person who is: "you get what you work for it".

And why not, when you get midas touch title: to have the option to give title to 1 heir (friend) so no
    abuse.
    The newly midas touch guy can give also to 1 heir max only if he has himself in bank 100kk. And it goes on and on.

Other thing maybe, when trading high amount of gold to your friend for nothing, your friend get trading/buying unavailable (like we have with the low lvl) until he gives back to the person lending him the cash. (At least with that, no money laundry and easy to trace if he delete)

There are other ideas here and there in the forum.
    But it should be sts finding better solutions against scams not us.

The only safe thing to do atm is for people is not to trade your 100kk.
    You do it at your own risk. The vast majority still does it and hey they get their cash back! Sadly some trusted the wrong people.
    Hard lesson learned for them.
    Thats part of life. Deal with it.
    And complain to sts if you want. Its your customers right, you spend your cash in this game.

I got 20 years of mmo and
    scamming has been in all the games. Nothing new on the internet I deal with it. Im a kind guy when I play, I give hand anytime as long its not my arm or my body. And I lost lots of hands over the years on the internet lol.

The first scam ever I remember is when I discover Santa is a fake as a little kid (sorry for the spoiler here).
    Or the classic eat your spinach so youll get strong like popeye!
    (Bad parents... joking).

Irl,
    friend scammed me,
    gf scammed me,
    bankS scammed me,
    insuranceS scammed me,
    job scammed me,
    car company scammed me, politicianS scammed me, religion scammed me,...

Ahaha... Yea I know wth...
    Thats the world we living in.
    But hey, still live happily.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakatoa91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Hey Love, unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to know you in the game and as I see I may never will. Frankly, I always wondered how those super-rich people earned so much gold, counting in 100s of millions. I know, everyone says merching, but I am simply still suspicious, because I can imagine that in the beginning the security systems were not so sophisticated and probably it was possible to earn money in various ways. I am not speaking about you, let me put this clear. On the other hand, as a super-efficient merchant, you have probably many enemies in the game. It's hard to have win-win deal everytime you merch.

I know Jon and Emm from their very start in the game and although we had same issues (hey we are human beings all after all) I must say that they earned their wealth by very hard work combined with massive use of RL money and finally, by merching. I was with them as we were endlessly grinding KM3 earning for myth sets through crates. I am bringing this is an example of players who earned their titles through extreme engagement in the game. I want to hope that all the super-rich came to their wealth in the same way.

Obviously, same as in real life, the more you have, the more problems you attract. It may be pure coincidence, but truth is that since asset APs were added, strange things are happening in the game.

The game would lose nothing of its attractiveness (quite the opposite) if those APs were cancelled (or assigned 0 AP points). Instead, bring more challenging gameplay points, as has been mentioned and suggested in previous threads. Everyone can then pick up path how to get on the LB of that is what he's after.

I by no means want to offend those who earned their money in the hard way. But, I see many hard core players (and owners of Midas Touch) voting against this AP.

I agree that scammers are still roaming freely in the Arlor world and I can tell you that is damn hard to protect the guild from them, taking screenshots of the candidates, observing their behavior, losing time to discuss suspects with fellow-officers. And yet - friend suspects friend, guilds are falling apart, guys are being booted for the slightest suspection and so on.

STS please do something about it - at least give us a private forum where we could discuss scammers freely (guildmasters only?), if you can't decide about each individual case.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

4. Let the in game players know how to deal with this situation. Many scammed players don't speak out b/c they don't know how or where and few in this community offers a helping hand to these individuals.
    5. Implement some players mods to control the bad cookies. There's many legitimate players who will put in their personal time to try and make the game better for the rest of us. Best part is it's a FREE service so you incure minimal costs to maintain this system.

I know who you are talking about as my friends in the game have told me many scams he has done, It literally disgusts me he is still able to play. I agree with you, I would rather see a zero tolerance for scamming, than all this uproar about an AP, but hey you gotta start somewhere right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    Emma and Jon,

Majority? Come on a lot of big time plat user dont even have a forums account.

I yes majority of the forum users agree but not arcane players, there are more than 20k players in arcane legends.

Dont blame the AP because you of carelessness, Let say we are human we make friends and its normal to help them.
    But if we turn them down i dont think they will get mad or be offended its 100m after all.

Lets put this on another scenario. let me calculate how much 100m = 20k platinum converted platinum and converted to USD.

100m is like 1,058 USD, a friend who you meet online will ask can i borrow $1,058 for like 2-3hrs ill return them back.

You think you will let them? Come its hard to make money in real life and you will let someone you meet online borrow $1,058??
    Even in real life its hard to let people you know borrow amount of money.
    My point is this is online dont trust anyone but if you do trust them that is by your choice.
    NO one force to and told you to lend them the money.
    End of the day its still your call, your responsibilities.

We can only agree with Jaytb proposal. Its not only you john and Emma spend a lot of this game.

This i will agree or reset everyone who got the title then no more borrowing!

IF you let them borrow its your risk your call!
    For the love of god you are repeating yourself again. And right now this is the only place where we can voice our opinion on this, so yes it is the majority ...... You can't speak for people who don't use the forums.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    For the love of god you are repeating yourself again. And right now this is the only place where we can voice our opinion on this, so yes it is the majority ...... You can't speak for people who don't use the forums.
    Oh, gosh... He's still here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

So?? are you repeating your self also? i repeat because you and your boyfriend don't understand its not about the AP!

Take responsibilities its your own fault wake up!

We are trying to make a solution with out taking out the Midas touch AP. but no great emma and jon can only think of one way!

BAN THE MIDAS TOUCH! WE ARE THE ONLY PLAT USER BLA BLA BLA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Oh, gosh... He's still here?
    Yup I am starting to think it is a bot of some sort tho .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

So?? are you repeating your self also? i repeat because you and your boyfriend don't understand its not about the AP!

Lmao ..... I haven't been scammed .... I'm fighting for those who have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Yup I am starting to think it is a bot of some sort tho .....
    I'll give a prize of 50k out to ANYBODY that finds that 'off' switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

We are trying to make a solution with out taking out the Midas touch AP. but no great emma and jon can only think of one way!

BAN THE MIDAS TOUCH! WE ARE THE ONLY PLAT USER BLA BLA BLA!
    Hang on a minute ... Firstly don't put lies in my words, if you have read the posts you will see we are trying to come up with a solution ... What have you honestly given to this discussion? You really do wear that title huh.

Oh and by the way I will be posting this every time
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Where's that thread about your wife giving away something expensive of yours? Mistakes happen.
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-06-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I'll give a prize of 50k out to ANYBODY that finds that 'off' switch.
    100m (Midas touch amount)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Name:  redundancy_people_Just_a_few_redundacy_moti_s-s600x750-58579-580.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  156.8 KB
    duck dynasty falls

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

100m (Midas touch amount)
    But I'm not that rich...unless...you're funding... O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Awwww, poor lims, I ran out of thanks again...