Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can there be more done about scammers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Can there be more done about scammers?

Enough is enough. Yesterday I was selling a mythic item. The person in question (who shall remain anonymous due to TOS but I'll gladly reveal in game or pm) offered to buy my item. This person was so convincing in his part he even haggled as an honest player would. Eventually I accepted his offer for money, a vlad egg and a locked.

During this time he kept adding extra locked and eggs and stopping trade for "mistakes". Sensing treachery afoot I canceled the trade and told him to forget it as I smelled a scam. He acted apalled as if I mistrusted him, he wouldn't scam blah blah.

I told him I would give him one more chance to finish the trade cleanly but I'd be watching carefully.

Same thing adding and removing when as you can guess, a zero went missing.

I quickly canceled and by time I was gonna click on him to report he was gone. I pmd him telling him he was done as I was reporting, his reaction? Laughing.

Now I humbly ask everyone, should that be the reaction of someone who just caught red handed? Is that a risk that someone to whom I blatantly said I would be watching because I was suspicious would take? Not at all.

Why do they do this? STS' lack of punishment to these people gives them free room to this over and over again, this lack of accountability is disgusting.

What do you think happens to people who hack on xbox live or have pirate consoles? Banned
    Sts slaps their wrist and whats worse the victim usually find themselves lost.

I have submitted humorous reports, with screenshots no less, and yesterday was no exception. Not once have I heard from them about it. What's worse their method for reporting requires that you click on the player to get the option.

Yesterday I didn't even get a chance and simply submitted via regular email to support, who knows if they even read it.

In conclusion from this meaningless player in the grand scheme of things, enough is enough.
    Last edited by Terracio; 11-06-2013 at 12:54 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Terracio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Something similar happened to me. I was selling a mythic staff. The person offered me gold + mythic bow. The offer had me concerned from the beginning because it wasn't out of reason but was a bit more then what I was asking for, value wise. So when I accepted his party invite I see he is a low level character (level 10 I believe). First he adds the bow and gold to show me he has it then cancels the trade. And says, I can sell bow if you want? I say no its okay. When we go back into the trade window, this time it has the bow but the gold amount is missing a zero. So I took a screen shot and canceled the trade window. He immediately leaves and I PM him that I will report him. I took a screen shot of the agreed deal, and emailed support with both screen shots. I am sure nothing ever was done. I also report people who sell hack tools, plat codes and other scams like these. Never heard once if these people are banned. IMHO, nothing is being done on these issues because you see and hear more about people getting scammed. If people were afraid of the repercussions, then they wouldn't be scamming. They need to start not only banning devices but IP addresses too. If they ban someone's IP then they won't be able to create a new account.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Got scammed too...

Ended up with 6m for mythic daggers..

Bye farming money :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

ohh that's horrible E : /
    im sorry.. i know you worked so hard...
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Guys,

Its normal, All online game there is a scammers and it happens.

Its sad to say but even if STS will block and banned all the accounts they will just make new ones why its very each to achieve level 36.

Suggestions 1

Make the level up more harder like lvl-1 1k exp/ lvl-2 2k / lvl-3=3k ect ect.

we as players would like to deal with main accounts we rarely make deal with low level.

if its hard to make a high level character they wont risk or it will take time for them to scam again once it get banned.
    one high level is banned it will take them 1 month or two month to make a new one.

On the past online game i played Ragnarok PH way back 1997-2006 the scamming less or very very rare.
    level cap was 99 and we only make deal with 99 players or well know twinks that already made a name.
    it take 2 months to reach level cap.

Suggestion 2

Once get caught of scamming and hacking ect. ect. account should be permanent banned including device.

Note all players should do Screen shoot while trading.

If you notice one Zero is missing then Screen shot it and your chat conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I believe the commas with be added soon but untill then triple check the zeros even if your their best friend in game. Remember unless you know them in real life you really can't trust them. People have tried to scam me many times and I have reported them yet they laugh but with the commas coming soon it should make scamming harder to do hopefully till then DONT FORGET TO CHECK

Side Note:sts just an idea how about you add a box around the money and if a player changes even one number it lights up in a different color. If people don't notice with commas and a color change then they are to blame but right now its very hard to spot zeros especially in small devices just another small idea if you could

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    Enough is enough. Yesterday I was selling a mythic item. The person in question (who shall remain anonymous due to TOS but I'll gladly reveal in game or pm) offered to buy my item. This person was so convincing in his part he even haggled as an honest player would. Eventually I accepted his offer for money, a vlad egg and a locked.

During this time he kept adding extra locked and eggs and stopping trade for "mistakes". Sensing treachery afoot I canceled the trade and told him to forget it as I smelled a scam. He acted apalled as if I mistrusted him, he wouldn't scam blah blah.

I told him I would give him one more chance to finish the trade cleanly but I'd be watching carefully.

Same thing adding and removing when as you can guess, a zero went missing.

I quickly canceled and by time I was gonna click on him to report he was gone. I pmd him telling him he was done as I was reporting, his reaction? Laughing.

Now I humbly ask everyone, should that be the reaction of someone who just caught red handed? Is that a risk that someone to whom I blatantly said I would be watching because I was suspicious would take? Not at all.

Why do they do this? STS' lack of punishment to these people gives them free room to this over and over again, this lack of accountability is disgusting.

What do you think happens to people who hack on xbox live or have pirate consoles? Banned
    Sts slaps their wrist and whats worse the victim usually find themselves lost.

I have submitted humorous reports, with screenshots no less, and yesterday was no exception. Not once have I heard from them about it. What's worse their method for reporting requires that you click on the player to get the option.

Yesterday I didn't even get a chance and simply submitted via regular email to support, who knows if they even read it.

In conclusion from this meaningless player in the grand scheme of things, enough is enough.
    i feel you bro, support teams do takes awhile to reply but eventually they will
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Was scammed golds and forerunner.supposed to trade with entombed lvl 35 only to realized he swap it with lvl 30 which is worthless.and same trick few cancelled trades due to pings he said (i was lagging as well).he got me when i gave him final chance.and boy it looks the same.

He outloud laughing at keyls with many people surrounding him and said report me.sts wont ban me.

It just add insult to my injury.oh well...
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I think there should be a Monthly Scammer Awareness Day or something like that.
    M-SAD ... get it? I M-SAD from all these scammers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    Guys,

Its normal, All online game there is a scammers and it happens.

Its sad to say but even if STS will block and banned all the accounts they will just make new ones why its very each to achieve level 36.

Suggestions 1

Make the level up more harder like lvl-1 1k exp/ lvl-2 2k / lvl-3=3k ect ect.

we as players would like to deal with main accounts we rarely make deal with low level.

if its hard to make a high level character they wont risk or it will take time for them to scam again once it get banned.
    one high level is banned it will take them 1 month or two month to make a new one.

On the past online game i played Ragnarok PH way back 1997-2006 the scamming less or very very rare.
    level cap was 99 and we only make deal with 99 players or well know twinks that already made a name.
    it take 2 months to reach level cap.

Suggestion 2

Once get caught of scamming and hacking ect. ect. account should be permanent banned including device.

Note all players should do Screen shoot while trading.

If you notice one Zero is missing then Screen shot it and your chat conversation.
    Your suggestion 2 seems perfect...
    But as far as suggestion one... that will ruin everything. New players will stop playing, and if that pattern continues, lvl 36 will equal 36k of exp grinding, and lvl 41 (next cap) will equal 41k of exp grinding (not counting the amount of exp that has to be gained in-between these levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

with all the money sts has made, one cant help but wonder why they cant afford to hire someone to focus on these issues? am i missing something?

iim sure sts is profiting healthily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Your suggestion 2 seems perfect...
    But as far as suggestion one... that will ruin everything. New players will stop playing, and if that pattern continues, lvl 36 will equal 36k of exp grinding, and lvl 41 (next cap) will equal 41k of exp grinding (not counting the amount of exp that has to be gained in-between these levels.
    I mean guys from 31 to 36 can you do it one 1 day. dont you think thats too fast?

we can always enjoy the leveling and the pvp by level.

We are missing one thing in this game. the experience of enjoying level up.

Everyone is on the rush and trying to finish it one day. come because of this its to east to achieve lot of people get board to.

And because of fast level up process Scammers can easy make a high level account.

And if im the new player it will be more challenging.
    rather than being level 36 in 2-3days and yes this is true you can be 36 in 2-3days.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-06-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Fym, all scammer will do that dirty job using a low level player that look like rich people. If someone want to buy your item, make sure he use his real account, not low level o twink account. Thanks. Learn from mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drawfflerz View Post
    Fym, all scammer will do that dirty job using a low level player that look like rich people. If someone want to buy your item, make sure he use his real account, not low level o twink account. Thanks. Learn from mistake.
    thats why its wise to deal with high level players and with good reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yeah.. i guess maybe that rich low level scammer is one of the famous and rich people. Hmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iluvataris View Post
    ohh that's horrible E : /
    im sorry.. i know you worked so hard...

.. Ty R .-.

Get well will you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Can u PM me scammer name coz Ive been scammed many times :/ so maybe we both got scammed from the same scammer
    Spraypaint - lvl 81

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Obviously the solution here is to remove the midas touch AP.

P.S. You can do /report <name> <message>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't understant how can be peaple scammed this way when you have to accept trade for two times.Use your brain trade carfuly and you won't get scammed. Only way to avoid hackers is usibg your brain and when someone try to scam you report him (/report_playername)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to razrl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Obviously the solution here is to remove the midas touch AP.

P.S. You can do /report <name> <message>
    Dude your in the wrong tread. This tread is not about the midas touch AP.

Please read carefully what is the reason he / she stated above.