Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change RIFT gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Change RIFT gear

Hey, im a serious tank bear player. currently wearing full rift. The only issue is mana regen. All other classes at endgame can continually spam skills essentially without losing any mana. Basically it makes no sense for there to even be tanks with all of the birds being able to tank like 85% as well and do about 400% the damage. Hell, even i myself am considering switchign to void + blaster in order to compete without having to spam mana pots till the cows come home.

PLEASE at least add a little bit of mana regen, you can take away anything else you like from the rift gear to compensate....
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

got to admit regen is LOW... though a bird with meditation should handle it with only a few less pots. (soon to dual-wield, booyah!)
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can handle the low regeneration. I get the money back from the loot
    CryoBlade - Level 56 DEX Bear
    Slicez - Level 55 STR/INT Mage
    CryoBow - Level 55 Pure DEX Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. If you want some m/s, try replacing your shield with a thoth buckler level 45. You'll have a loss of 12 armor but if you do thoth plate it's a loss of 15 armor and if you do helmet it's a loss of 20.

2. Warriors actually due have a significant amount more of health and armor then birds. Warrior attributes increase health, and they start out with 50 more health in the first place. Their gear also has more armor than dex gear. Warrior's also have a great buff spell (iron blood) that increases armor by 50. Warriors are designed for taking damage and protecting archers and mages, who are doing the most dps and best spells in the back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoae View Post
    1. If you want some m/s, try replacing your shield with a thoth buckler level 45. You'll have a loss of 12 armor but if you do thoth plate it's a loss of 15 armor and if you do helmet it's a loss of 20.
    I was wondering what I would replace... helmet was first choice, but seemed like a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    I was wondering what I would replace... helmet was first choice, but seemed like a lot.
    Yes surprisingly the level 45 thoth buckler has less of an armor sacrifice than the level 50 armor and helmet. Another option is to use Level 50 thoth plasma sword, but these are very rare and expensive, and you don't get to use the cool new ao3 weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoae View Post
    Yes surprisingly the level 45 thoth buckler has less of an armor sacrifice than the level 50 armor and helmet. Another option is to use Level 50 thoth plasma sword, but these are very rare and expensive, and you don't get to use the cool new ao3 weapons.
    plus the fact that they do little damage i think...

i think i might have gotten ripped off mine, if its that good... :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use a lot mana pot on my tank, but the junks i received from killing stuff covers most of the expense. Tank would need more armor, so replacing rife for Thoth shield might not be a wise idea. But hey, ppl choice their own play style
    LvL 50 Int. Mage ---Sorcerers//LvL 50 str Bear---Haarrgorth
    LvL 50 Dex. Bird---Arrowoflegend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The problem is that the ao3 shields look a lot cooler than the ao2 shields. I don't like how either ao3 helm looks on the bear, but I really like the Thoth helm, so that's what I've stuck to.

It's pretty silly that we have to do this, though. I remember how excited I was when all my characters hit the 40s and could wear Isis/Thoth and cut down drastically on health/mana pots. And then to get to 50 and have to sacrifice stronger armor just to save on pots? It just doesn't make sense. Especially since bears have no other way than their equip to increase ms. Birds at least have meditation if they're running low on mp. So why is it that bears got the short end of the stick here and have to use ao2 items to compensate while the birds and mages can wear full ao3 and only gain from it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yet again Dex is the stat with few to no problems. Cosmos has all the regen needed but low armor, while rift is hard as diamond but has no regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Yet again Dex is the stat with few to no problems. Cosmos has all the regen needed but low armor, while rift is hard as diamond but has no regen.
    Agree. Void is the best set right now, it adds survivability through dodge, damage is from dex already, and enough m/s. Cosmos would have been pretty good for mage too, except its really just an m/s armor for me, not even enough to be called armor. Catch aggro once, your as good as dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

But alfreda (lol auto correct -- I mean Alterra!) as far as I know there's no reason for a mage to wear ao2 items Vs ao3. Am I wrong? Yes, it might be weaker than the void/rift as far as armor, but at least cosmos is better than the ao2 items. (my mage is squishy and I rary play it anymore -- so I'm by no means saying mages are in great shape right now. I just think the rift situation is absolutely ridiculous.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    But alfreda (lol auto correct -- I mean Alterra!) as far as I know there's no reason for a mage to wear ao2 items Vs ao3. Am I wrong? Yes, it might be weaker than the void/rift as far as armor, but at least cosmos is better than the ao2 items. (my mage is squishy and I rary play it anymore -- so I'm by no means saying mages are in great shape right now. I just think the rift situation is absolutely ridiculous.).
    Yeah, there shouldn't be a reason for a mage to wear Ao2 gear except for i) budget problems, and if a mage wants to stay as a pally as much as he can, so he uses thoths.

Don't get me wrong, rift is really good, pally's with rifts are good mages to have around, that is if you don't mind the constant pot chugging :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Stop complaining and a make a frigging intear
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I still don't understand the benefits of an intbear...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

More health than a Mage, plus acts as mor eof a tank, I hqve. Lvl 47 one right now, u love it.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

But bears don't need as much int as a Mage. They just need about 6 pointe of ms. Mages' magic costs a lot more mp than a bear's. I really don't understand what a bear would gain by having more int and being forced to wear a robe instead of proper armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't change rift gear if any change cosmos reason for this;

Wraith Armor of the Void Req: Level 50, 158 Dex 11 Dex, 8% Dodge, 2% Crit, 1 H/s, 5 M/s, 73 Armor
    11+8+2+1+5+73=100 points
    Mirage Robe of the Cosmos Req: Level 50, 158 Int 11 Int, 2% Crit, 3 H/s, 8 M/s, 67 Armor
    11+2+3+8+67=91 points
    Power Armor of the Rift Req: Level 50, 158 Str 11 Str, 8% Crit, 2 H/s, 87 Armor
    11+8+2+87=108 points

Quit complaining
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Gwippy, how bout playing a lvl 50 bear first? Or any lvl 50 class? Have you even played ao3 yet? You don't think communication is needed in this game and you like commenting on things you've yet to even experience.

This is a valid complaint we have so don't shoot it down until you've actually tried it yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol its as valid statement as it gets don't like don't play the game
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo