Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level process must be change to minimize scam attemps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Default Level process must be change to minimize scam attemps

Hi Admins,

Its normal, All online game there is a scammers and it happens.

Its sad to say but even if STS will block and banned all the accounts they will just make new ones why its very easy to achieve level 36.

Suggestions 1

Make the level up more harder like lvl-1 1k exp/ lvl-2 2k / lvl-3=3k 25-2k or depends you guys.

As the level go higher the more experience needed.
    lets say since its just lvl 36 cap maximum of 20-30 days or less.
    a lot of online game had this process where players enjoy the leveling.

we as players would like to deal with main accounts we rarely make deal with low level character.

rich low level character ( well its always on the back of our mind where he get this items)
    he ask get your main account.

if its hard to make a high level character they wont risk or it will take time for them to scam again once it get banned.
    one high level is banned it will take them 1 month or two month to make a new one.

See one of the problems is - it is very easy to make a 36 account it will only take 3-5days Max.

On the past online game i played Ragnarok PH way back 1997-2006 the scamming less or very very rare.
    level cap was 99 and we only make deal with 99 players or well know twinks that already made a name.
    it take 2 months to reach level cap.

Suggestion 2

Once get caught of scamming and hacking ect. ect. account should be permanent banned including device and ip-address.
    in this way every time they get caught they need a new device ( i dont think will keep on scamming device like phone cost a lot too. )

Note all players should do Screen shoot while trading.

If you notice one Zero is missing then Screen shot it and your chat conversation.

any new ideas please post.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

There are some problems...
    Not only scammers wanna level up...creating a new account
    There may be many newbies who wanna try this game...who enter wid lot of excitement bt if they find this much tough to level up they won't play...

I agree wid ur second idea...bt sts won't like to post pics... :'(

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Prahasit Prahi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahi View Post
    There may be many newbies who wanna try this game...who enter wid lot of excitement bt if they find this much tough to level up they won't play...

no i dont think so.

with 15 years playing online game level up is fun with friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahi View Post

100% agreed with Prahi, but your new players will stop playing, and I have mentioned this before, but if that pattern that you have requested continues, lvl 36 will equal 36k of exp grinding, and lvl 41 (next cap) will equal 41k of exp grinding (not counting the amount of exp that has to be gained in-between these levels. There's nothing wrong with your second solution, but as of right now, there's nothing we can do to implement that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    no i dont think so.

with 15 years playing online game level up is fun with friends.
    I agree, leveling up with friends are much more enjoyable, but when you're level 1-10, new players don't have as many friends as we end-game players do, so again, that might be a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

no. i don't agree that the change in leveling up, any other mmorg i played level 1-15 can be done in a matter of hours.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 11-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I agree, leveling up with friends are much more enjoyable, but when you're level 1-10, new players don't have as many friends as we end-game players do, so again, that might be a problem.
    from level 1-10 it would not make a big change lets say maximum of 3-4hrs to reach.. as level go higher the more XP needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dont agree... because if I'm a new player, I want to level up fast at first... imagine lvl 1 1000 exp.. just imagine killing 500-600 monsters off the bat, I'll quit before I even reach lvl 2...

I personally think that the level process is not the problem, your saying its easy because ur already lvl 36. I still think that better awareness is the best (e.g. putting sign in the loading screen or maybe even while trading saying "Scammers are everywhere, dont be stupid check 20 times"
    Last edited by Tenetra; 11-06-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tenetra View Post
    I dont agree... because if I'm a new player, I want to level up fast at first... imagine lvl 1 1000 exp.. just imagine killing 500-600 monsters off the bat, I'll quit before I even reach lvl 2...
    its not final they will change this. the whole point is changing the level up process that it would not take 2-3days to reach max level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

^ok but I added a little more statement check it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I personally think that the level process is not the problem, your saying its easy because ur already lvl 36. I still think that better awareness is the best (e.g. putting sign in the loading screen or maybe even while trading saying "Scammers are everywhere, dont be stupid check 20 times"
    You have received an item +1 gold

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Ugh, I don't agree - why should we suffer for other peoples fault for not paying attention in the trade or because of the Scammers themselves.

^There's no Ignoarnce intended it's just ... I'm not capped! And it already takes an hour or two to level up.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

no it is a problem.. i can make 2 level 36 in 7 days. this is too fast.

scammers take this advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Lets be honest. Scammers that will put this much time into scamming will not be stopped by increasing the time a little. It would be pointless and would only hurt the non-cheaters.

If I just started playing this game and it took me 1-2 months before I could get to elite content... no thank you. I'd delete it.

Now, about the device banning, I totally agree. I think they already do this though.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Lets be honest. Scammers that will put this much time into scamming will not be stopped by increasing the time a little. It would be pointless and would only hurt the non-cheaters.

If I just started playing this game and it took me 1-2 months before I could get to elite content... no thank you. I'd delete it.

Now, about the device banning, I totally agree. I think they already do this though.
    Exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post

yes the process is hard but also take note that this will give items more value.

cant you see that there are a lot of pink items dont have value at all. due to the easy way of leveling farmers can only sell items in decent price from 2-3 weeks after the update.

the next following months everyone is max all items price drop so fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

suggetion 1 - not agree at all. many players will quit after intial impression of the game or sudden rise in xp requirement. i dont like lvling with frustration - it should be enjoyble from 1-36. current lvling system is also boring - grind same map again and again mindlessly, no good reward from killing bosses, few quests only and after it killing monsters without purpose etc.

2nd suggetion - best idea ...completely agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I'm not on this train.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

No no no for all the reasons stated above i dont need to repeat, also you brought this idea up on jon's thread already pretty much.

Sts should use more energy and resources to monitor reports with screen shots of people lending gold with the recipient of the gold promising to give back but poof he goes.

We should be less trusting as a whole but to say no one will ever loan anyone anything cause you cant trust anyone would be a dumb thing to say, we're humans
    and when we make human mistakes we expect someone to look after us, catch and punish the bad guys.

The top 2 gold ap's can dissapear for all i care even tho i have one of them, and brought back when the system is functioning well enough to monitor the bad apples or us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    suggetion 1 - not agree at all. many players will quit after intial impression of the game or sudden rise in xp requirement. i dont like lvling with frustration - it should be enjoyble from 1-36. current lvling system is also boring - grind same map again and again mindlessly, no good reward from killing bosses, few quests only and after it killing monsters without purpose etc.

2nd suggetion - best idea ...completely agree.

I dont agree of first idea, especially with this kind of lvling. Leveling is fun especially with friends yeah thats true, but if too long it'll become so boring coz everyday all u do just leveling with same map without gg anywhere coz the exp to huge to leveled. Maybe easy to say for u coz u are capped, but think other ppl who just join or make other char. Dont always took perspective only from ur point of view and pushed for ppl to accept ur idea. Make a post means u mut accept other ppls voice and argument, but not always defend ur post so it'll look like the good one. Besides, scammers will always look for a chance to scam with or without hard lvling.

The right thing is the second one, i think thats good if sts can do this. Ban device + IP so he cant make another char is good i think.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ocelz For This Useful Post: