Thread: Hybrid Rogue? (Experiment)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Talking Hybrid Rogue? (Experiment)

This is my first guide thing people...take it easy, lol.

Nowadays there is PVE or PVP. You will have to change some stats points if you want to be this or that…But why not make a rogue that has a little bit of both?

My build isn’t PVP or PVE. I have a small combination of both:

First, I have 5/5 DEX. -I think this is a basic passive to have
    Then 3/5 DMG. -Should have been 2 DMG, but I added one just for luck...
    Then 2/5 STR and INT. I did this since I usually have 1000+ mana. It is quite a little if for extreme PVP rogues, but a pet and rings can change that.

For my skills, I ditched the SV for Medic packs. Why? During Shuyal bosses, you can find very tedious to be tapping away at the pots and while moving to get at of the way. (My medic packs are 4/5. NO self caster heal!) So I charge the medic pack and get all 3. That way when I get hit, the heal over time upgrade is faster. This is necessary for PVP build.

My other skills are also normal for PVP and PVE…well minus the SV.
    AS is 5/5. This is totally the signature move of the rogue!
    SP is 4/5. NO small hits after a normal SP hit. I thought before that the 1 second that was used up for that time was lot and I could have fitted an AS into that time...
    NOX is 4/5. NO strengthen shot. But for the NOX, I have found out that the shot is strengthened. Not by the area of effect, but for DMG. But perhaps this is the DMG Passive or something.
    I also have traps 3/5. NO Adept construction AND high damage thing for the enemies close by.
    My RS is 4/5. NO Bleed, although before I considered it useful for extra SMALL DMG.

My build is pretty makeshift for the moment. But at least I can go in at all maps without feeling like a noob. The only thing I complain about this build is the SV that is all gone. It was essential for PVE…but it took long to re charge especially at the times needed. I thought that extra re charge time was blocking a skill spot…so I took it away.

Now here is the reason I don’t use SSS (shadow storm shot). It is weak and only (usually) specializes in mobs of enemies or small groups of PVP peeps. But other than that, I didn’t think it was a very important skill to have.

Well that is all for now! I will so update once I get more plat!

PM me sometime in the game too!
    My IGN is: LVL 36 Eeilis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Personally, I would make a few changes. I used to PvP and run Elite PvE constantly (during the lv31 cap) and my build was quite different.

At the time (lv31 cap), here was my build (I have since respeced to be pure PvE):

Shadow Piercer (2/5) - Added HP return upgrade.
    Noxious Bolt (5/5) - All upgrades
    Aimed Shot (5/5) - All upgrades
    Combat Medic (4/5) - All upgrades except Heal over Time

DEX - 5/5
    INT -5/5
    STR - 4/5

I think that Aimed Shot and Combat Medic skills are self explanatory, just note that I dropped the Heal over Time upgrade on Medic because the benefit wasn't valuable enough to warrant a skill point. If you can grab all 3 packs and get the self heal when cast, then you can go from <10% HP to 100% without having the HoT upgrade.

The Piercer HP return upgrade is pretty essential for both PvP and PvE, so if you don't use it, you should.

I elected for Nox (maxed) because it is critical to the NoxBox strategy and can provide enough damage over time to kill someone in PvP that flees when they are low on HP. Plus, the impact on Nox can be pretty high - especially when it Crits. Nox in particular is the reason why I was able to solo so many tough elite maps, but I understand that not everyone is proficient with NoxBox, so you certainly could use Razor instead if that is your preference.

Obviously, there are a lot of choices on your Passives, but I chose DEX, INT and STR primarily for survivability and to help mitigate mana starvation on a full DEX Rogue. I could have gone with DMG or CRIT as my passives, but that would reduce my HP and would reduce my mana - and, we all know that a Rogue with no mana is a dead one. Particularly in PvP you don't have the luxury of mana pots, so maintaining a decent mana pool is pretty important as you cannot always count on having a Sorc with mana heal or a VB warrior around.

With this build, you won't dish out max damage, nor will you be a crit machine (unless you use Architect Quills and it Procs), but you will be well-rounded, have high enough damage, enough HP to survive first contact in a PvP clash or a mob surge, and enough mana to take out most players if you find yourself in 1v1.

Granted, there are the high damage builds, but after a lot of testing, I found them to be too squishy and too reliant on their team mates in both PvP and, to a lesser extent PvE.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

in pve is int passives good ?cause u can u pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by centoid View Post
    in pve is int passives good ?cause u can u pots
    It is good, but it depends if you want to put in or out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Personally, I would make a few changes. I used to PvP and run Elite PvE constantly (during the lv31 cap) and my build was quite different.

At the time (lv31 cap), here was my build (I have since respeced to be pure PvE):

DEX - 5/5
    INT -5/5
    STR - 4/5

I think that Aimed Shot and Combat Medic skills are self explanatory, just note that I dropped the Heal over Time upgrade on Medic because the benefit wasn't valuable enough to warrant a skill point. If you can grab all 3 packs and get the self heal when cast, then you can go from <10% HP to 100% without having the HoT upgrade.

The Piercer HP return upgrade is pretty essential for both PvP and PvE, so if you don't use it, you should.

I elected for Nox (maxed) because it is critical to the NoxBox strategy and can provide enough damage over time to kill someone in PvP that flees when they are low on HP. Plus, the impact on Nox can be pretty high - especially when it Crits. Nox in particular is the reason why I was able to solo so many tough elite maps, but I understand that not everyone is proficient with NoxBox, so you certainly could use Razor instead if that is your preference.

Obviously, there are a lot of choices on your Passives, but I chose DEX, INT and STR primarily for survivability and to help mitigate mana starvation on a full DEX Rogue. I could have gone with DMG or CRIT as my passives, but that would reduce my HP and would reduce my mana - and, we all know that a Rogue with no mana is a dead one. Particularly in PvP you don't have the luxury of mana pots, so maintaining a decent mana pool is pretty important as you cannot always count on having a Sorc with mana heal or a VB warrior around.

With this build, you won't dish out max damage, nor will you be a crit machine (unless you use Architect Quills and it Procs), but you will be well-rounded, have high enough damage, enough HP to survive first contact in a PvP clash or a mob surge, and enough mana to take out most players if you find yourself in 1v1.

Granted, there are the high damage builds, but after a lot of testing, I found them to be too squishy and too reliant on their team mates in both PvP and, to a lesser extent PvE.

That is a nice a build, but for PVE, didn't you find yourself just spamming auto attack or Nox and AS? I put down Traps since they could help round up mobs and could deal some extra DMG.
    I also get what you mean with the Medic Packs, and with an alt, I tested that and it was pretty good.

I am still trying to test stuff out, but hopefully I can come up with a better Hybrid Rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

The one build (you can say hybrid) that i used regularly for both PVE & PVP as follow;

Base Stats
    Pure Dex

Skills
    1.Shadow Pierce (Single target upgrade like armor reduction and lifesteal)
    2.Nox Bolt (Upgrade 1 and 2.3 is optional)
    3. Aimed Shot (all upgrades)
    4. Medics (all if you PVP regularly too.else drop trauma surgeon)

Passives
    5 agi
    5 int
    5 might
    4 or 5 crits (crits chance is very useful for pve runs.and deadly if it occurs so its worth investing)

I used the same build to run elites. And no huge difference in terms of run duration. I would swap medics with veil if im going pure pve.else the packs does little help in pve but crucial in pvp. Since i cant respec often I am using this build to play. Also for arena.this build works as it is basing on ideal 36 PVP build that emphasize on single dmg target.

I found veil has very little effect to gain advantage in pvp but medics is a must.and the packs helps your team in pve to especially when dealing with shuyal aggros.
    It does little help for you since you are required to pots as primary healing.

Hope this helps anyone.cheers.
    semi-retired

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    The one build (you can say hybrid) that i used regularly for both PVE & PVP as follow;

Base Stats
    Pure Dex

Skills
    1.Shadow Pierce (Single target upgrade like armor reduction and lifesteal)
    2.Nox Bolt (Upgrade 1 and 2.3 is optional)
    3. Aimed Shot (all upgrades)
    4. Medics (all if you PVP regularly too.else drop trauma surgeon)

Passives
    5 agi
    5 int
    5 might
    4 or 5 crits (crits chance is very useful for pve runs.and deadly if it occurs so its worth investing)

I used the same build to run elites. And no huge difference in terms of run duration. I would swap medics with veil if im going pure pve.else the packs does little help in pve but crucial in pvp. Since i cant respec often I am using this build to play. Also for arena.this build works as it is basing on ideal 36 PVP build that emphasize on single dmg target.

I found veil has very little effect to gain advantage in pvp but medics is a must.and the packs helps your team in pve to especially when dealing with shuyal aggros.
    It does little help for you since you are required to pots as primary healing.

Hope this helps anyone.cheers.
    Very nice. But I have 1 little question...For the Nox, why have you made it like that? I always thought that 4 or 5 out of 5 Nox was always good.
    Eeilis Level ??? Rogue <Immaculate>
    "The player is much more interesting than the game." *WINKS*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eeilis View Post
    Very nice. But I have 1 little question...For the Nox, why have you made it like that? I always thought that 4 or 5 out of 5 Nox was always good.
    Every upgrades and its usage has to fit your playstyle.i focus my nox to prolong the poison effect and building its effective aoe.theres an upgrade (3 i think) that works well for mobs ht not so much against other players (pvp).since its a hybrid i choose only what i can utilize and invest it in other points.for endurance (meaning not havijg to switch build often) id rather invest in passive to help boost my stats permanently.

Correction on my earlier post.i would choose 1 2 and 4 (optional for nox).i think 4 is serrated arrow cant remember.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eeilis View Post
    That is a nice a build, but for PVE, didn't you find yourself just spamming auto attack or Nox and AS? I put down Traps since they could help round up mobs and could deal some extra DMG.
    I also get what you mean with the Medic Packs, and with an alt, I tested that and it was pretty good.

I am still trying to test stuff out, but hopefully I can come up with a better Hybrid Rogue.
    Well, at the time, I used Mountain Teeth and the PROC was super useful, so my rotation was Aimed, Nox, Pierce, auto, auto (pray for proc), repeat...

Trap based rogues are kind of reliant on others and the traps themselves aren't very effective in PvP, which is why I didn't (and still don't) use them. BUT, I will say, that when I am running with a party and I see someone with Traps that gets lucky and "pulls" in surrounding mobs, my eyes light up because I can dish out massive damage between Ribbit/Talon/Valkin Arcane, Quill Procs, Nox AoE, Aimed and charged autos. The ability to build up such a tight grouping is so valuable in Elite Shuyal it is ludicrous.

It's all really a matter of your build preference. Blender builds (Blades, Traps and Razor) are super effective, but they aren't very viable in PvP and are reliant on a party in elites. I solo elite maps....a lot.....so, I wanted a Max DMG, single target killer with supporting AoE skills for NoxBox on maps that I otherwise have no business soloing. I sacrificed Crit passives for STR so I am better equipped for my solo adventures. If I just accepted the fact that I would always have to run elites in a party, then I would give up the STR passive, go max Crit and be a squishier DMG monster!

Honestly, in a party, complimentary builds make for a better party. Having a Blender Rogue with a Single Target Rogue, a good tanking Warrior and an AoE Sorc makes most maps easy and fun.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

I took off the heal for pierce to gain less aggro!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

For stats did you put all of them in dex?

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I dont do pvp but I farm normal maps+elite

My build is
    Peirce - 3 target+heal
    nox - full
    aimed - full
    trap- no explosion
    razor- 3/5 Dodge+duration
    Passive - str, dex, int

Its works awesome in any elite with PuG or good pt. It works good too for soloing boss and elite, normal map+ km3 farming.
    IGN: Keyrogue, Keymagey, Grrom, Sceuetas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

mine use
    5/5 mighty
    5/5 agility
    2/5 inteligent
    5/5 damage
    5/5 nox
    5/5 aimed
    3/5 trap and
    3/5 vesshel

the rest up to you

Just Ordinary Rouge
    Sig by Beelzzebob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

IMO PvP build: Passive: int, dex, str, crit - max. Active: Shadow pierce-with return hp, Aimed shot-max, Nox bolt- max EXCEPT 10% extra damage every tick. Med packs- Max EXCEPT make them 30% each pack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

DEX - 5/5
    INT -5/5
    STR - 4/5

can you help me with hybrid build.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

What level are you trying to build a hybrid on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im a level 41
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

In light of recent discoveries (regarding Armor and DMG passives), I have rebuilt my Rogue as a hybrid, so I PvP occasionally.

My current build is:

ATTRIBUTES: Full DEX
    SKILLS:
    Shadow Piercer: 2/5 - Add HP Return Upgrade
    Noxious Bolt: 5/5
    Aimed Shot: 5/5
    Combat Medic: 4/5 - All upgrades except Heal over Time
    Shadow Veil: 4/5 - All upgrades except explode

PASSIVES:
    Crit: 5/5
    DEX: 5/5
    INT: 5/5
    STR: 5/5

Basically, with this build, I swap in Combat Medic when I'm planning to PvP, and I use Shadow Veil when I am running elite.

It is a serviceable build, provided you have good gear (namely Upgraded Mythic Helm and Armor). You should try to have enough variation in your gear to have load outs for Max DMG (which will be used most of the time) and Luck (swap in Lep amulet). Other load out variations that I use are one for high armor, for when I'm making long runs in elite maps to reach the boss (such as Jagged Trail).