Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

As Halloween has come to a close, I'd like to reflect on a few things as well as make some suggestions for the upcoming Christmas event. I have specifically entitled this thread "Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable" because I believe that if my suggestions are followed through, there will be substantially less complaining this year, and much more rejoicing. I believe these suggestions will make those of us who participate in the Christmas event this year look back at it afterwards with fond memory.

Before I present my suggestions however, I'd like to make some reflections about the recent Halloween event. I have heard a vast number of opinions from a large amount of people who I've talked with. While all of the opinions differed and some felt more strongly than others, I believe it is fairly safe to boil down everyone's opinions down to two conclusions.

The first conclusion is that the plat packs should have been released! I realize many people get upset by the luck based ideas in the plat packs. However, these people need to realize that what they do with their plat/money is their business. Lots of people love the packs. Just because a select few don't, doesn't mean STG should remove them altogether. The biggest reason they should have released them is because people like to have something to take with them from a special event. In fact, that's the only reason I (and money others) participated in Halloween at all. We were hoping for some cool, unique vanity. We ended up with a different colored demon helm and the same candy bags from the previous years. That brings me to my next conclusion.

The second conclusion is that not everything should be reused! STG, I believe I speak for most everyone when I say that we don't care if every single thing is brand new. We just want to see some creativity. One thing I was very excited to see this year was the release of the new bone armors. Granted, they aren't my favorite, but hey, I like it! New stats, which means new variability in builds, as well some added diversity in the looks of characters goes a long way. And all you did was reuse some bone armor and change the stats. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to break your back going all out. You just gotta be a little creative and give us something that's worth getting. (Or, shoot, just get on the forums and see all the creative suggestions others in the player base have offered)

I'd like to briefly add a third conclusion that I came to, myself. That is that it is really very nice to have an event that does not demand our platinum. I got a bunch of free stuff and fun. I almost felt like I should have had to give you guys something.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the upcoming Christmas event and my suggestions? Well, assuming we don't want to repeat the mistakes made at Halloween, I believe my suggestions will help out both conclusions a ton (And even the third conclusion I added.)

To start off, give us plat packs! If people dislike the luck, then remove the luck, not the packs. Make the packs with the unique vanities cost more plat. Do something like that, but don't remove the vanities altogether! They don't have to be brand new and crazy amazing, but at least release them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have been waiting around for the plat packs all year and to not get them would honestly blow. There goes the Christmas spirit right? Hope shattered...

Ok this next idea is my favorite. At Halloween we saw new armor, but lost the weapons. I believe that was a mistake. Keep the weapons this year for Christmas, but give us lootable, holiday vanity armor instead! Hold up. Remember what I said about it not having to be crazy or amazing? It really doesn't. I have three different vanity armor suggestions which are ALL reused, but I believe would be fantastic as a lootable vanity. Bear in mind that we already have vanity versions of the level 50 and 55 sets. Why not add various other vanities?

Red and green for Christmas, right? Behold "Darkwood vanity armor":

And how about "Rudolph's Sweater"?:

Finally, what ever happened to festive festival leather? STG, do you remember what you did with the candy bags? They used to be an actual shield, but you converted them to vanity. Do the same here. Boom! Brand new freakin' awesome Christmas vanity!:

Remember, people want to take something with them from special holiday events. These three vanities as well as a chance to loot more Christmas weapons would definitely do it for me. I don't know about you guys...

What is my third suggestion? I want to address this one a little bit less light-heatedly. STG, if you are not going to listen to either of my other two suggestions, I beg you, please listen to this one. I don't say this out of selfishness, either. I say this out of care for you guys as well as our community. Please, please, please, do not make this year's event be pay per run. That literally destroys the whole spirit of Christmas. I know you need money, I really do. But I'm not asking for us not to pay. (Refer to my plat pack idea as well) I certainly wouldn't mind a one-time payment of something like 10 plat. However, making it pay per run is just horrible. It's like every time I want to have fun, I'm reminded it's going to cost me. If I do pay for a few runs, I feel cheated. It almost leaves a sour feeling in my stomach, to be honest. So again, I say this out of care, don't upset everyone by trying to make money. Make it easily accessible for everyone with and without money for platinum.

In conclusion, I believe that these three ideas will make this Christmas amazing. The big thing people like is limitless holiday fun mixed with a few take aways to be used throughout the year. Certainly people will complain as they always do, but the majority of us will be very pleased. I can almost guarantee that.

Thanks for taking to time to check out this thread! Let me know what you think of my ideas! Do you disagree? Agree? Have more suggestions? Post in the comments...

Peace out
    -MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 11-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

You got the creativity stuff MM, gj!

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

How to make Christmas unforgettable: Make new cap plskthx
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1328546
    As Halloween has come to a close, I'd like to reflect on a few things as well as make some suggestions for the upcoming Christmas event. I have specifically entitled this thread "Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable" because I believe that if my suggestions are followed through, there will be substantially less complaining this year, and much more rejoicing. I believe these suggestions will make those of us who participate in the Christmas event this year look back at it afterwards with fond memory.

Before I present my suggestions however, I'd like to make some reflections about the recent Halloween event. I have heard a vast number of opinions from a large amount of people who I've talked with. While all of the opinions differed and some felt more strongly than others, I believe it is fairly safe to boil down everyone's opinions down to two conclusions.

The first conclusion is that the plat packs should have been released! I realize many people get upset by the luck based ideas in the plat packs. However, these people need to realize that what they do with their plat/money is their business. Lots of people love the packs. Just because a select few don't, doesn't mean STG should remove them altogether. The biggest reason they should have released them is because people like to have something to take with them from a special event. In fact, that's the only reason I (and money others) participated in Halloween at all. We were hoping for some cool, unique vanity. We ended up with a different colored demon helm and the same candy bags from the previous years. That brings me to my next conclusion.

The second conclusion is that not everything should be reused! STG, I believe I speak for most everyone when I say that we don't care if every single thing is brand new. We just want to see some creativity. One thing I was very excited to see this year was the release of the new bone armors. Granted, they aren't my favorite, but hey, I like it! New stats, which means new variability in builds, as well some added diversity in the looks of characters goes a long way. And all you did was reuse some bone armor and change the stats. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to break your back going all out. You just gotta be a little creative and give us something that's worth getting. (Or, shoot, just get on the forums and see all the creative suggestions others in the player base have offered)

I'd like to briefly add a third conclusion that I came to, myself. That is that it is really very nice to have an event that does not demand our platinum. I got a bunch of free stuff and fun. I almost felt like I should have had to give you guys something.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the upcoming Christmas event and my suggestions? Well, assuming we don't want to repeat the mistakes made at Halloween, I believe my suggestions will help out both conclusions a ton (And even the third conclusion I added.)

To start off, give us plat packs! If people dislike the luck, then remove the luck, not the packs. Make the packs with the unique vanities cost more plat. Do something like that, but don't remove the vanities altogether! They don't have to be brand new and crazy amazing, but at least release them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have been waiting around for the plat packs all year and to not get them would honestly blow. There goes the Christmas spirit right? Hope shattered...

Ok this next idea is my favorite. At Halloween we saw new armor, but lost the weapons. I believe that was a mistake. Keep the weapons this year for Christmas, but give us lootable, holiday vanity armor instead! Hold up. Remember what I said about it not having to be crazy or amazing? It really doesn't. I have three different vanity armor suggestions which are ALL reused, but I believe would be fantastic as a lootable vanity. Bear in mind that we already have vanity versions of the level 50 and 55 sets. Why not add various other vanities?

Red and green for Christmas, right? Behold "Darkwood vanity armor":

And how about "Rudolph's Sweater"?:

Finally, what ever happened to festive festival leather? STG, do you remember what you did with the candy bags? They used to be an actual shield, but you converted them to vanity. Do the same here. Boom! Brand new freakin' awesome Christmas vanity!:

Remember, people want to take something with them from special holiday events. These three vanities as well as a chance to loot more Christmas weapons would definitely do it for me. I don't know about you guys...

What is my third suggestion? I want to address this one a little bit less light-heatedly. STG, if you are not going to listen to either of my other two suggestions, I beg you, please listen to this one. I don't say this out of selfishness, either. I say this out of care for you guys as well as our community. Please, please, please, do not make this year's event be pay per run. That literally destroys the whole spirit of Christmas. I know you need money, I really do. But I'm not asking for us not to pay. (Refer to my plat pack idea as well) I certainly wouldn't mind a one-time payment of something like 10 plat. However, making it pay per run is just horrible. It's like every time I want to have fun, I'm reminded it's going to cost me. If I do pay for a few runs, I feel cheated. It almost leaves a sour feeling in my stomach, to be honest. So again, I say this out of care, don't upset everyone by trying to make money. Make it easily accessible for everyone with and without money for platinum.

In conclusion, I believe that these three ideas will make this Christmas amazing. The big thing people like is limitless holiday fun mixed with a few take aways to be used throughout the year. Certainly people will complain as they always do, but the majority of us will be very pleased. I can almost guarantee that.

Thanks for taking to time to check out this thread! Let me know what you think of my ideas! Do you disagree? Agree? Have more suggestions? Post in the comments...

Peace out
    -MM
    Fixed that bold part.
    I think you can see why..

Those are some good ideas, Mightymicah

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    yusyusyusyus
    BearsDaBes

PL (main char) ign: miistic lv71 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Fixed that bold part.
    I'm so thankful that you had to quote the whole OP for that one sentence...

What happened to our expectations? Are they so low now, that we beg the devs to re-name (not even recolor) some items and make them vanities, seriously?
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LEVEL ONE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE:1328568
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Fixed that bold part.
    I'm so thankful that you had to quote the whole OP for that one sentence...

What happened to our expectations? Are they so low now, that we beg the devs to re-name (not even recolor) some items and make them vanities, seriously?
    Better than nothing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Another one..

Make the new xmass map one that we can host!!!!!!!
    It's so frustrating to have rushers join maps and screw people without a speed elixir of a drop!
    That would also end the situation where a high lev joins a lower levs map and suddenly the little guy has to leach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Another one..

Make the new xmass map one that we can host!!!!!!!
    It's so frustrating to have rushers join maps and screw people without a speed elixir of a drop!
    That would also end the situation where a high lev joins a lower levs map and suddenly the little guy has to leach.
    I agree with this, and everything Micah said. Many players would love pl even more if at least one of these things are implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Great ideas micah.

Very creative. Matches the Christmas spirit.
    Those as dungeon drops would be awesome.
    What I would add to my own taste is also have the first ever tradeable pets. The christmas dragon pack should be lootable dragons.

I think there should also be a balloon pack (red..green..white) for sale, that day on daily deal.

As for quest rewards, The snowflake wings and christmas tree hat are always nice. So i dnt have to whine about those.

All that plus plat packs, would make it great.

And @Level One, its not like they are going to exceed further expectations so yes, we might as well get lower to theirs and help them be a bit more creative, with ideas, etc, even if we are limited to renaming/color changing/ stat changing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hook For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post
    Great ideas micah.

What I would add to my own taste is also have the first ever tradeable pets. The christmas dragon pack should be lootable dragons.

I think there should also be a balloon pack (red..green..white) for sale, that day on daily deal.

As for quest rewards, The snowflake wings and christmas tree hat are always nice. So i dnt have to whine about those.

And @Level One, its not like they are going to exceed further expectations so yes, we might as well get lower to theirs and help them be a bit more creative, with ideas, etc, even if we are limited to renaming/color changing/ stat changing.
    Love those ideas. I always wanted a X-Mas dragon. This year will be the first year that I will be taking the Christmas event seriously. Hopes STG does not let me down like my first serious Halloween.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin:1328728
    Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post
    Great ideas micah.

Love those ideas. I always wanted a X-Mas dragon. This year will be the first year that I will be taking the Christmas event seriously. Hopes STG does not let me down like my first serious Halloween.
    Same, last year at halloween I didn't really think of it much, I didnt buy packs, I just farmed a bit. At winter fest I didnt buy packs either (I regret it..I want snowman hat..) only farmed..
    I was looking forward to halloween packs..but zilch...I hope winter fest is better.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Good one.
    PL - Besbirdy L76 Bird
    Well you done is better than well said...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    How ungrateful. The point of my post was to make a small request to a busy company who's main focus right now is not PL. Maybe we have simply become spoiled due to all of the great things we have received in the past? I don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1328753
    How ungrateful. The point of my post was to make a small request to a busy company who's main focus right now is not PL. Maybe we have simply become spoiled due to all of the great things we have received in the past? I don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.
    DL? SL? They're pretty dead too.
    And I also love the ideas you made. But I have little hope that devs will actually do it. My only hope is that they like Christmas spirit a lot and do many things at winterfest .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    And I also love the ideas you made. But I have little hope that devs will actually do it. My only hope is that they like Christmas spirit a lot and do many things at winterfest .-.
    Don't ever lose hope! I'm sure the devs could do this small request. It's little more than releasing an already existing campaign, and changing a few outfits to vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1328766
    Don't ever lose hope! I'm sure the devs could do this small request. It's little more than releasing an already existing campaign, and changing a few outfits to vanity.
    I was hoping for a cool halloween plat helm that I could use on my rhino. I wanted a pirate hat or pumpkin heeeeeaaadddd D:
    I so wanted to buy my first halloween pack. I hope I can do it at winterfest.
    I dont want something lame, like recolered Artisan gear, but something good. I would be even happy if they re released plat pack items from last year, since I never bought an event plat pack before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1328753
    Sl and Dl are far from dead, they may not get tons of updates, but there is still a large population of players there. I'm slowly capping chars in sl and dl, and it's not hard for me to find a full team. Dl pvp is rly active aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I haven't lost hope, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.
    What ever happens let's try to be thankful for what we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.
    That's a joke, right? You do realize that for the last 12 months (almost) everything PL got were overpriced vanities. PL will die one day and it looks like the devs are just trying to make its death quicker and get the most money out of it while they still can.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.