Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Hey micah luv the ideas but i think it was like last year i think it was flip or G said tht pl is reaching its max number of items which obviously means they will be re used

@Level1 this game was one of the best mmo on mibiles it was patched weekly and the content was genuinely. Amazing but i think tht all changed after roughly the release of AL pl was just shut down completely and any new contwnt is appreaciated from many of us so if u cant be grateful kindly leave this thread or take it out in pms

Also dont. Say im a new "noob" i have been playing a lot longer than my forum join date
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    That's a joke, right? You do realize that for the last 12 months (almost) everything PL got were overpriced vanities. PL will die one day and it looks like the devs are just trying to make its death quicker and get the most money out of it while they still can.
    Recent attention is not the same as all time attention.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

That's a joke, right? You do realize that for the last 12 months (almost) everything PL got were overpriced vanities. PL will die one day and it looks like the devs are just trying to make its death quicker and get the most money out of it while they still can.
    It's not a joke, you didn't address my statement at all, and you can't back up yours. It's interesting how the plat prices for the costumes were even cheaper this year at Halloween than last year...It's also interesting how the free plat deals give huge amounts of free plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    It's not a joke, you didn't address my statement at all, and you can't back up yours. It's interesting how the plat prices for the costumes were even cheaper this year at Halloween than last year...It's also interesting how the free plat deals give huge amounts of free plat.
    Address your statement? Your statement was: "don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways." I doubt you played any other (mobile) MMORPG for a longer period of time, because if you would, then you would not make such statements, I can't give you dates and facts right now, on when the last big content was released in other games, but I will, if you want me to do that. (FYI, you didn't back up your statement either...?)

Another one of your genious statements was that we became spoiled... Should I even comment on this? It's the developers job to get us spoiled, thats their way of getting money from us. The fact is that we were spoiled, and if devs still wanted to keep this game alive, they would be doing their best to keep us spoiled. However, they're not even trying anymore.

How is the price of costumes even an indication of how much devs still care about the game? Please explain that to me. It is just a different approach at monetization, focusing more on selling as many cheap units to a large group of people, rather than selling pricey units to just a handful of people. Anyway... About plat purchases... Did you not notice the frequent 40% off platinum offers? Do you think that they do that because they love the PLayers and because they care about the game? (rhetorical question, of course). Instead of creating more content and getting us to spend more platinum on that, they picked another way. No content at all (meaning also no work for them) and give us cheap platinum. That's pretty smart of them. The cheap platinum offers are a clear indication that devs have abandoned PL, maybe for good. People in other MMORPGs rage and quit when the newly released content is bad, and we are supposed to admire the devs when they rename an item...? I'm not even gonna mention how tolerant we are. The devs say that there is no new content coming and we just what, give them more time?

The community is way too awesome, but unfortunately way too attached to PL. Devs are maybe using this out (this maybe is getting stronger with each month...).

About my previous post and expectations. The basic rule of negotiation is demanding more. I admit that I'd be pleased if they used those suggestions, however we should not be begging devs for such kind of content.

You people must accept the fact that people are not purchasing a lot of platinum anymore and the developers will be forced to shut the game down, once plat purchases won't cover for the server cost anymore. And this day is getting closer and closer...
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We can only hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    We can only hope.
    True dat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Sts why make more games? When you can't help/support others?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    Sts why make more games? When you can't help/support others?
    You just answered your own question, unfortunately.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Level One: I believe you are slightly misinformed. I also believe you misunderstood the viewpoint I was coming from. Allow me to further clarify.

Pocket Legends has gotten more attention than other mobile mmorpg's. I've played Order & Chaos, I've played Celtic Heroes, I've played Dungeon hunter 2, 3, and 4, I've played Avabel, I've played Seven Swords, and various others. (Too many to count.) In my experience PL has received more attention than any of those games. It is true that in the last year PL has received less attention, but that, as I already mentioned in my other post, is because AL is current priority as it rightly should be. When you look at the big picture, however, PL has received the most attention. (Granted, it's been around longer than a few of the said mmorpg's)

My next point was that STG is not just trying to milk as much platinum as possible before scrapping the game. They have mentioned several times that they really care about all their games and that they wish they could show these games the attention they deserve. However, they are business, and a small one at that. They've got to give their attention to what will earn them money. My point about Halloween was to show that they obviously aren't trying to milk platinum or they wouldn't have reduced prices and increased the amount of free plat. You mentioned that they have had multiple platinum sales. In my experience over the last three years, they have consistently had platinum sales. The last year has not experienced any increase in those.

Another thing you mentioned is that it's the dev's job to spoil us. That's quite frankly pathetic and ungrateful. It's the devs job to create an amazing fun game which they have done. It's your job to play or quit based on whether you like it or not. To wine about not getting amazing content every few months is absurd. Since you seem to be under the impression that other mmo's get more attention, why don't you go play those instead?

Lastly, PL, DL, SL, and AL all run on the same server. Ever wondered why when one game crashes, they all do? Or why you can't log into both games at once?
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 11-08-2013 at 02:19 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Level One: I believe you are slightly misinformed. I also believe you misunderstood the viewpoint I was coming from. Allow me to further clarify.

Pocket Legends has gotten more attention than other mobile mmorpg's. I've played Order & Chaos, I've played Celtic Heroes, I've played Dungeon hunter 2, 3, and 4, I've played Avabel, I've played Seven Swords, and various others. (Too many to count.) In my experience PL has received more attention than any of those games. It is true that in the last year PL has received less attention, but that, as I already mentioned in my other post, is because AL is current priority as it rightly should be. When you look at the big picture, however, PL has received the most attention. (Granted, it's been around longer than a few of the said mmorpg's)
    Um, again how can you back up this statement? Its not about how much attention a game got in the past, when determining whether or not a game is nearly "dead". Anyway, O&C has a lot of content updates and more important, they are constant. Celtic heroes is getting the most massive overhaul a game has ever gotten in history of mobile MMOs, Avabel is being patched on a daily basis and gets lots of love from the devs in terms of content, too. Cant say about 7 swords, havent played it in a long time. Dungeon hunter? Thats not even an MMO...

My next point was that STG is not just trying to milk as much platinum as possible before scrapping the game. They have mentioned several times that they really care about all their games and that they wish they could show these games the attention they deserve. However, they are business, and a small one at that. They've got to give their attention to what will earn them money. My point about Halloween was to show that they obviously aren't trying to milk platinum or they wouldn't have reduced prices and increased the amount of free plat. You mentioned that they have had multiple platinum sales. In my experience over the last three years, they have consistently had platinum sales. The last year has not experienced any increase in those.
    Hey, Im not blaming them for being smart at making profit. I blame the players themselves that they (we) arent getting new content. They have said several times, that they love us indeed, but actions speak more than words. And I just cant get over the fact at how they promised us that PL wont be affected by other STS games, and that they would hire more staff for that purpose... I keep wondering how many people are working on PL...

Another thing you mentioned is that it's the dev's job to spoil us. That's quite frankly pathetic and ungrateful. It's the devs job to create an amazing fun game which they have done. It's your job to play or quit based on whether you like it or not.
    Thats just wordplay...

To wine about not getting amazing content every few months is absurd. Since you seem to be under the impression that other mmo's get more attention, why don't you go play those instead?
    Nobody is asking for new content every few months... But how about twice/once per year? I dont play PL anymore (used to since may 2010, with longer or shorter absences). I just come to chat with my friends from time to time.

Lastly, PL, DL, SL, and AL all run on the same server. Ever wondered why when one game crashes, they all do? Or why you can't log into both games at once?
    Did not know that (I always use different accounts), thanks for the info though.

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I think I should see LVL1s and MMs argument as a friendly one... :P

ANYWAYS......I don't think I got spoiled from PL :P
    But I do know many AL players are a bit spoiled from all the attention. Don't believe?
    Go check the announcement thread for 36/31 (can't remember which)cap for AL. People were literally spamming comments that the cap was supposed to be released in an hour, and it's not. Sheesh, it made me sick. I mean, these guys can't wait, if something is delayed 1 hour or even half hour, they go crazy (not saying all AL players) , whereas us, have been waiting for a loooooonnng time for it.. I think most of us got a bit crazy when the wait for cap went to 6 months, but the AL players get crazy if they wait an hour T_T

I DONT WANNA GET IN THE ARGUMENT.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Let's hope so.

The biggest issue I have right now is that they seem to be stretched thin - lots of games, limited resources. It's inevitable that some games don't get the priority that they need to continue.

Which reminds me, that I need to make a thread for ideas and recommendations on new content. (Going to add that to the mini-threads to be made list.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i doubt sts will listen, better off play more AL
    n the sts people prob believ that u hav to pay to enjoy christmas

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nice, Micah. This is a great way to keep that PL christmas spirit up, I know the community appreciates it.

Hopefully this will be taken into account!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I don't have time but your thread looks long and has pics so I'll thank it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Good idea MM! Making sure vanity's are able to be used by all levels, again the use of the same maps each year I understand pl is in a different platform but new Christmas vanity heads would be amazing frosty has been a hit for a couple of years. Vanitys are a way to look unique without question. To be able to give a gift to aplayer would be amazing as well I would spend plat to give Christmas cheer.

Good suggestions mighty the Mr and Mrs Smith love the ideas

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LADYHADASSA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Level One: You're not reading what I'm writing and you keep misunderstanding my point. Hear me out please, and save your boxing gloves for another time. I had a few simple points.

1. Pocket Legends has received tons of development. In my opinion, more than almost all other mobile mmo's.
    2. Pocket Legends is not the main priority. STG is very small and needs money so of course they're going to invest in what reaps good profit
    3. Pocket Legends is not being milked for cash. Nor does it have a crazy lack of attention. Scan back over 2013's announcements. Case and point.
    4. We are indeed ungrateful. The fact that you're arguing so hard against me is proof enough.

If you're not satisfied with STG, take your discontentment elsewhere. Complaining never solved anything. That's why I made this thread. I don't see your Christmas suggestion thread anywhere.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Thanks for the appreciation guys! I'm glad to see my ideas are well received

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Level One: You're not reading what I'm writing and you keep misunderstanding my point. Hear me out please, and save your boxing gloves for another time. I had a few simple points.

1. Pocket Legends has received tons of development. In my opinion, more than almost all other mobile mmo's.
    2. Pocket Legends is not the main priority. STG is very small and needs money so of course they're going to invest in what reaps good profit
    3. Pocket Legends is not being milked for cash. Nor does it have a crazy lack of attention. Scan back over 2013's announcements. Case and point.
    4. We are indeed ungrateful. The fact that you're arguing so hard against me is proof enough.

If you're not satisfied with STG, take your discontentment elsewhere. Complaining never solved anything. That's why I made this thread. I don't see your Christmas suggestion thread anywhere.
    1. Please stop claiming this, without any proof whatsoever and go scroll trough some news/updates in some other games. If you're uncapable of doing this, I'll do it for you, just say it.
    2. That's a fact. I can't disagree with a fact. All I'm saying is that they promised us, that PL won't be affected by other games, at least not, as it is now.
    3. Case and point? I stated several reasons why and in what way we are being milked for cash. Saying "case and point" doesn't make it a "case and point".
    4. I'm not arguing. We are just exchanging information and opinions, at least that's what I think.

This is not some kind of a contest... Why would I have to make my own Christmas suggestion thread in order to make my arguments believable? Again, I appreciate the effort you put into this thread and I'd appreciate it if devs would make your version of Christmas, however... We should not be begging them to do their job.

On the contrary, I think complaining is the only way of getting new content and we are not complaining enough.

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

1. Please stop claiming this, without any proof whatsoever and go scroll trough some news/updates in some other games. If you're uncapable of doing this, I'll do it for you, just say it.
    2. That's a fact. I can't disagree with a fact. All I'm saying is that they promised us, that PL won't be affected by other games, at least not, as it is now.
    3. Case and point? I stated several reasons why and in what way we are being milked for cash. Saying "case and point" doesn't make it a "case and point".
    4. I'm not arguing. We are just exchanging information and opinions, at least that's what I think.

This is not some kind of a contest... Why would I have to make my own Christmas suggestion thread in order to make my arguments believable? Again, I appreciate the effort you put into this thread and I'd appreciate it if devs would make your version of Christmas, however... We should not be begging them to do their job.

On the contrary, I think complaining is the only way of getting new content and we are not complaining enough.