Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

If they dont have time to design or come up with nu design ideas for pl...y dont they make design contests n use those ideas? Seems like a pretty simple idea

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

@Level One

I don't see how the amount of press coverage that PL has gotten has anything to do with this thread relative to Order and Chaos. The purpose of the thread is to discuss what changes should be made for Christmas.

That said, you do have a point that PL is currently in "cash cow" phase. A major re-balance is needed and if the game is to attract the old player base and new ones, it will need new content. If you have ideas though I recommend that you make a thread on them.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    @Level One

I don't see how the amount of press coverage that PL has gotten has anything to do with this thread relative to Order and Chaos. The purpose of the thread is to discuss what changes should be made for Christmas.
    Press coverage? I didn't mean press coverage when saying the word "news". I meant the news about content and such, sorry for not being clearer on this.

We went quite off-topic, sorry for that.

I did have an idea about a new cap (story, item design etc.), I even had some illustrations done, but I figured that it was a waste of time, since devs don't even bother checking the idea/suggestions forum.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

If stg don't reply to this or show signs they have well... What will they listen to? Pl deserves a bit of loving and great work btw

Let's HOPE this Christmas event will be than ever!

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST STOP ARGUING?!?
    This thread was meant for suggestions for the upcoming Winter Fest, so we don't have to see what happened at Halloween again, not an argument about PL "reputation" or "cash cow" or "milking before death" MEH.

Seriously, just stay on topic..

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Really hope that this upcoming Winter Fest won't turn into 2nd Halloween for this year, the community are scare enough after the recent Halloween.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    Really hope that this upcoming Winter Fest won't turn into 2nd Halloween for this year, the community are scare enough after the recent Halloween.
    What specifically are you referring to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    WHY CANT WE ALL JUST STOP ARGUING?!?
    This thread was meant for suggestions for the upcoming Winter Fest, so we don't have to see what happened at Halloween again, not an argument about PL "reputation" or "cash cow" or "milking before death" MEH.

Seriously, just stay on topic..
    Unfortunately, the fact that PL has not received much in the way of new content is at the heart of the topic.

It's the reason why this conversation was started in the first place.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

Great Ideas Micah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Micah, I think at this point, we should change our strategy and ask for more modest threads. I for example have created a quick and simple thread for my suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Micah, I think at this point, we should change our strategy and ask for more modest threads. I for example have created a quick and simple thread for my suggestions.
    Ok so by modest do you mean less critical? Or shorter? Or perhaps both?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    How to make Christmas unforgettable: Make new cap plskthx
    That would only make people happy for a few months then the same problem would happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Wasnt the 2010 Xmas a 20 plat unlimited access thing? Not too sure on that, but I think it's way better than pay 2 plat per run.

I'm hoping this Xmas event will be good as well, since the snowman level and toyman level have already been reused in the past.
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The first conclusion is that the plat packs should have been released! I realize many people get upset by the luck based ideas in the plat packs. However, these people need to realize that what they do with their plat/money is their business. Lots of people love the packs. Just because a select few don't, doesn't mean STG should remove them altogether. The biggest reason they should have released them is because people like to have something to take with them from a special event. In fact, that's the only reason I (and money others) participated in Halloween at all. We were hoping for some cool, unique vanity. We ended up with a different colored demon helm and the same candy bags from the previous years. That brings me to my next conclusion.

Thread owners post^
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pl didn't get packs not because people didn't want to pay plat for them but because STG is busy with al. ( do I think this is right to just put pl on the back burner due to al?) no it's bs don't get me wrong and I wish they did make them but making the plat packs I can see would poked the bear which is the cap nuts who only play pl to cap. Which leads me to say its not just sts anymore it's the community that should start getting the blame.

Why is pl not getting caps? Because no matter how many times sts caps pl people are crying about it 4 months later for a new one. not to even mention all the prepping it takes to make a new caps including new areas new boss's/new enemy's and new content. Why is pl on the back burner with plat packs or new content? Because al & STG's new games need attention so pl being that its capped to 76 can now sit and wait for them to get al and there other games to points that they want to sit them at.

(Do I hate this to?) oh hell yes I do but it's just facts people' you can't work on five games at once. It's not only insane it's to demanding on the artist and creators who make content on pl/al/DL & SL. On top of this all why would they update anything els to begin with? They just did a pvp nerf and people are still not happy with pvp or items for pvp even after the fixes they did people now want it to go back to the way it was. How rude is that? No wonder stg dropped pl on it's butt to wait when they get that after hard work.

I'm done though because no matter how many times I say this kind of stuff people will just whine for a new cap or why they didn't get anything in a new thread.

Goodnight pl forums
    Last edited by Kingzila; 11-12-2013 at 01:30 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Kingzilia: I definitely feel your frustration, but I believe your post is misguided and a little off topic. Last year (before AL even released) the devs delayed releasing the packs because they didn't like the complaints they had recieves the year before about the luck involved. However, because enough people requested them, they decided to release them after all. This year, significantly less people voiced their opinions (which is probably a good thing) and the devs didn't even bring it up. Could this be due in part to AL? I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, there is a difference between complaints, and constructive criticism. I believe even the devs themselves have stated that they like constructive criticism, but not complaints. When stuff gets changed for the worse, of course people will begin complaining. Even when stuff gets changed for the better, people will complain. However, complainers never get their way unless there are massive numbers of them and money is on the line. Generally, it is the constructive criticizers who are listened to. (If anyone is)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Kingzilia: I definitely feel your frustration, but I believe your post is misguided and a little off topic. Last year (before AL even released) the devs delayed releasing the packs because they didn't like the complaints they had recieves the year before about the luck involved. However, because enough people requested them, they decided to release them after all. This year, significantly less people voiced their opinions (which is probably a good thing) and the devs didn't even bring it up. Could this be due in part to AL? I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, there is a difference between complaints, and constructive criticism. I believe even the devs themselves have stated that they like constructive criticism, but not complaints. When stuff gets changed for the worse, of course people will begin complaining. Even when stuff gets changed for the better, people will complain. However, complainers never get their way unless there are massive numbers of them and money is on the line. Generally, it is the constructive criticizers who are listened to. (If anyone is)
    You both have good points.

It is the communities fault for plat packs, and many other things sts redid. Remember the Volcanut? That was my favorite freakin helm, I tryed my hardest to get it in the short amount of time given. I never got it.

The community has some influence over the devs decisions. The community can also help devs out? People whine for a level cap, but they never offer any suggestions/information on what that cap should be. There are a few suggestions, but they are not reasonable. Atlantis? Heck, sts doesnt have to fo dat.

Constructive Critism is important. Devs need it. Whining/complaining, never ends well.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    You both have good points.

It is the communities fault for plat packs, and many other things sts redid. Remember the Volcanut? That was my favorite freakin helm, I tryed my hardest to get it in the short amount of time given. I never got it.

The community has some influence over the devs decisions. The community can also help devs out? People whine for a level cap, but they never offer any suggestions/information on what that cap should be. There are a few suggestions, but they are not reasonable. Atlantis? Heck, sts doesnt have to fo dat.

Constructive Critism is important. Devs need it. Whining/complaining, never ends well.

Constructive criticism? Definitely.

Doing the developers job? Definitely - if I get paid.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    Constructive criticism? Definitely.

Doing the developers job? Definitely - if I get paid.
    Typing lines of Programming text? Pay me sure.

Typing thoughtful and suggestive feedback, and inspirational docs? That should be a freebie.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post

How was I off topic (or wrong) if you JUST STATED in your last paragraph that I was right lol? And yes there is a diffrence between whiners and people stating a point. On top of this I just played BC & BD and both are pay to play so this plat and sitting is not to surprising anymore to me if stg is doing that now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

What I think should happen is a new thread of (art - to be content) should be made so players and users can submit and or suggest content for the game like we use to when we had art contests for a new item or weapon art.