Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Hello, AL Community,

I'm sure many players have realized the sudden demand for mythic items. So, I'm sure many players are wondering why have the prices inflated so rapidly?

There's actually many reasons why:
    • Crafting/Upgrade System
    • Consolidation of gold through Grimm eggs, meaning more potential buyers
    • Not as many crates opened on Helloween event
    • Hoarding of mythic items.

However, despite what people may think, personally I feel that these weapons are priced rather well.

Why? Let's evaluate!

Razerbacks of Force/Nightmarish Blades of Force:
    • These weapons are currently the best weapon in the game for a rogue being that there is no up to date rogue arcane weapon. So, of course the pricing is going to be higher on them.

Fortified Glaive/Shrieking Bonesaw:
    • Arguably, this weapon is considered as good as the arcane maul which is 30M in price. So, is half of the price for almost equal performance really out of line? Personally, I think not. Those that downgraded from maul to glaive don't think so either!

Orbital Staff/Scythe:
    • The glitch in the current staff makes it even better than the arcane staff currently. As a result, it's wanted by A LOT of squishy smurfs.
    • Being that the arcane staff is 50M, is a 1/3rd pricing (10-14m) really all that much to ask for the 2nd best weapon in the game?

Just some food for thought... I think people have just grown used to an overpopulated mythic market and think that is the norm, when in actuality, it really is not!

Any thoughts or feedback is welcomed,

Apollo
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-10-2013 at 11:06 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    ? :P
    Mobile glitched and posted it before I was finished typing.

Try reading it now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Shut up and find me a Mythic Staff so I can buy it and no i'm not paying those jacked up prices.

I agree only on 10-12M currently.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Shut up and find me a Mythic Staff so I can buy it and no i'm not paying those jacked up prices.

I agree only on 10-12M currently.
    Meh, for arguably the best staff in the game, I think the prices are more than fair.

Remember the days when the maul was 60M?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Best Gun still remains best )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Best Gun still remains best )
    Exactly! And it's the 3rd best weapon in the game for sorcerer! So, being that the first best is 50-55m, 2nd best is 10-14M, is it really out of line to ask 4-5M for the 3rd best?

Humans are creatures of habit, we don't like change! However, an overpopulated mythic market is never a good thing! They're supposed to be hard to find & get ahold of. I think that many people have forgotten how hard it used to be to find a mythic armor, let alone a full set.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Parf, you also have to consider one thing that plays into consideration: Item Level. Especially with the new Crafting & Updating of Gems, a level 36 item will yield a better gem stat than level 31. etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This is market manipulator talk, all you're saying is that it is ok to put up with your prices.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    This is market manipulator talk, all you're saying is that it is ok to put up with your prices.
    The only reason why they were ever so low is because the market was highly saturated with them from all the mythic weapon events. And since everyone always wants to make a quick buck, they will not hesitate to undercut another seller and sell it for much lower which then drives the price down each time.

However, the current prices are actually reasonable even with the high demand with limited supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Mythics are over priced. If you don't want to pay these prices then don't. Just wait for another mythic weekend or double mythic weekend. Every time more mythics are released the price will fall. Petition STS for a double mythic weekend. Then you'll see sellers running for the exit doors.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

The mythic gun was 8-9m in price for the longest time until the second mythic weapon weekend flooded the market. So yes not totally outrageous, and they are only going to sell for what people will pay for them. The prices will undoubtedly drop significantly when there is another crazy mythic weapon weekend. Nevertheless, I think there is a component of hoarding and market manipulation that is driving the prices. If there wasn't a general suspicion of this, then you would not have felt the need to make this thread...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Meh ill wait, made the mistake in selling too soon.
    Wont make a second one : )
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    The mythic gun was 8-9m in price for the longest time until the second mythic weapon weekend flooded the market. So yes not totally outrageous, and they are only going to sell for what people will pay for them. The prices will undoubtedly drop significantly when there is another crazy mythic weapon weekend. Nevertheless, I think there is a component of hoarding and market manipulation that is driving the prices. If there wasn't a general suspicion of this, then you would not have felt the need to make this thread...
    I did identify that issue.

Also, do know that I am not hoarding any of them as hoarding is a risky option for any investor. It can go either way and if it goes downhill, it's a good way to lose money very quickly.

The main issue, IMO is that so many bought Grimm eggs that it consolidated money into plat buyers hands very quickly. 10 Grimm eggs only would cost 2,500 plat & bring in 8 mil. That's a pretty big consolidation if one compares to what people spend on locked crates.

So, as money changed hands, the former prices were not high enough when compared to the supply.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

What about Mythic Eggs?

Edit: Nvm

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I did identify that issue.

Also, do know that I am not hoarding any of them as hoarding is a risky option for any investor. It can go either way and if it goes downhill, it's a good way to lose money very quickly.

The main issue, IMO is that so many bought Grimm eggs that it consolidated money into plat buyers hands very quickly. 10 Grimm eggs only would cost 2,500 plat & bring in 8 mil. That's a pretty big consolidation if one compares to what people spend on locked crates.

So, as money changed hands, the former prices were not high enough when compared to the supply.
    Sorry Apollo, if it appeared as though I was making a personal attack. I am not specifically accusing you of hoarding and/or manipulating market prices, but we both know that it does happen. I personally don't care about about the current price of mythic weapons. They are what they are, and lots of people will pay a premium to have a good weapon before it becomes common. Nevertheless, you have to admit that there is a suspicion about the current price of the mythic weapons if you felt the need to make this thread....

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Yeah I agree with Apollo. I've already said that 2500 plat would allow any new player to become a full mythic armor with some change with grimm eggs. Essentially opening crates is far worse in getting items than just covert plat to egg/vanities and then to gold. Supply of the goods thus drops and the demand of crates is slim.

I've seen many new players with mythic sets running around lately and also with crates/elite golden puzzles at an all time low to confirms this is happening. Even the original mythic weapons going up in price is further evidence.. All that matters to me in the game is having fun now. I've come to learn that the weapons, armor and amulets are more of a pvp thing which I don't do. Personally, the only thing I'll spend millions on in the future are eggs.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Sorry Apollo, if it appeared as though I was making a personal attack. I am not specifically accusing you of hoarding and/or manipulating market prices, but we both know that it does happen. I personally don't care about about the current price of mythic weapons. They are what they are, and lots of people will pay a premium to have a good weapon before it becomes common. Nevertheless, you have to admit that there is a suspicion about the current price of the mythic weapons if you felt the need to make this thread....
    Definitely agreed!

That's why I'm not hoarding.

Rather, I'd just prefer to profit from the accelerated inflation that the hoarding & other factors are causing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The item is worthy only so much what a buyer is willing to pay. There will be some players that will buy at this price, some will not.
    If u dont find anyone who matches ur requirements dont sell and wait for crafting....

I agree on reasoning why the prices r so high right now but I dont see a reason to make a thread that is trying to persuade players to buy bc its "right" price. Its their decision...

Sorry if i offended u but that is what i see reading ur post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    The item is worthy only so much what a buyer is willing to pay. There will be some players that will buy at this price, some will not.
    If u dont find anyone who matches ur requirements dont sell and wait for crafting....

I agree on reasoning why the prices r so high right now but I dont see a reason to make a thread that is trying to persuade players to buy bc its "right" price. Its their decision...

Sorry if i offended u but that is what i see reading ur post.
    That would make sense except for one thing: nobody sells their mythic weapons! Believe me, I have about 50+ players trying to get mythic weapons for me.

Nobody sells unless you're giving them higher than 18.5m (applies to Bonesaw/Daggers).

I've personally given multiple a 19m offer for nightmarish blades only to be declined. If anything, I'm trying to buy them to profit on the increasing inflation as each day, the prices on them are only higher than the day before.

Need an example? Mythic daggers were 10m at the beginning of the event (normal ones). Now? Give someone a 15m offer and they're still more than likely to say no.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-10-2013 at 01:43 PM.