Thread: Items lasting their seasons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Items lasting their seasons

There seems to be a problem with mythic and arcane items keeping their competitive value through their supposed competitive lasting time (mythic: 2 seasons, arcane: 3 seasons). Now, this problem may be more prominent in the arcane weapons, but its still there in other mythic items as well. From what we've seen in general though, is that these items dont stay the best for the 2 or 3 seasons. Their stats arent enough to keep up with new items (usually mythic or arcane) that come later.

Ill take the arcane weapons for example first. The current pattern seems to be; OP and the best for the season its released, still has a lead on legendaries the season after but mythics are quite close, and the third season, legendaries have nearly passed and mythics are far ahead. Also, in my pattern, i was only comparing dmg. Lots of times mythics from the next season can pass the arcane item in some stat or another.

Onto mythics. Remember how powerful the mythic gun was last season? It far passed anything else the mages had on most everything (dps was a little lower than firesquid, but because its a gun). Yet, at the beginning of this season, the architect pylon of brut had only 10 dmg less then the gun, and when proced exceeded it. Not to mention that it already had more in str, and dps. Later on in the season the gun was buffed though, but that also makes the gun more op at lvl 31 twinking. Another example is how the mythic pendants compare to this seasons legendaries. So is there a way to keep the old content competitive while making new competitive content, and not having things be op? Possibly

As i stated, if you buff old items it also makes the item more op in the lvl bracket it was originally released. So a possible solution is this. Have mythic and arcane items' stats be buffed every 5 lvls (lvl cap). This is not the same as just buffing, and its also not like lvling an item up or upgrading. If have you have say, the arcane hooks, the item would always be lvl 26, but it would have improved stats when you use it on a lvl 31, and so on and so on every 5 lvls. The same for a mythic item. So instead of having an item thats op for one season, then falls down to only a little better the next season, and barely worth having the 3d season, it could be great (but not op) for the first season, and gradually descend from there. This would greatly help legendary users, while still having arcanes and mythics the best, and yet also offering the arcane and mythic users a longer use time. Just for fun, heres a hypothetical example. The season an arcane weapon is released it has 25 dmg more then the best legendary. The season after, the best legendary now has 20 dmg more (than the best legendary the season before), but the arcane weapon is boosted 10+ dmg, making it 15 dmg more. Then the third season the best legendary would again be 20 more dmg (than the best legendary the season before), but the arcane item would again be buffed 10 dmg, making it 5 dmg more (also to remember, is that the items are buffed in all stats, so it will be better than the best legendary in more than just dmg). So instead of having the arcane item be 55 dmg more then the best legendary to begin with, this creates a more balanced decline of power.

Anyway, this is just my thought on it and feel free to post your own. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sleepdeprived; 11-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepdeprived For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Mythic are supose to be competitive with pinks in the next level cap. And arcanes should be competetive with pinks in two more level caps.

I.E.

-Arcane hooks should compete with architect quills (not necessarilly be stronger).

-And mythic bows should be competetive with devourer bows (not necessarilly be better).

Due to complaints they are stronger than the pinks, but only just.

Gear classes are competetive exactly as they have been promised to be, like it or not.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 11-12-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The only thing that I didn't agree with is,

'Legendary and Arcane items are nearly the same'

Considering arcane hammer has like 150 more dmg than entombed i think not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Forum View Post

Arcane maul will compete with level41 legendaries, not level36s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Forum View Post

^What crowsfoot said. Maul was released last season, so this is only its second season. An accurate comparison right now would be the arcane hooks to this seasons legendaries. Thats what i based my pattern on.
    Last edited by Sleepdeprived; 11-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

I would like to see this happen as well. I for one sold my hooks that weren't the best for 3 seasons in anger. I now only have an arcane pet to show for all my hard work, but hey its still a nice accomplishment! I educate new players on the faults of the crate system and that nothing is worth striving for other than eggs now. It is also inadvisable to twink at level 24 and above for obvious reasons!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

upgrading and crafting is coming soon and since myth and arcane have more crafting slots there is your answer
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Mythic are supose to be competitive with pinks in the next level cap. And arcanes should be competetive with pinks in two more level caps.

I.E.

-Arcane hooks should compete with architect quills (not necessarilly be stronger).

-And mythic bows should be competetive with devourer bows (not necessarilly be better).

Due to complaints they are stronger than the pinks, but only just.

Gear classes are competetive exactly as they have been promised to be, like it or not.
    Yes, as long as they are still competitive with the legendaries, they do what sts said they should. Yet, i find it sad that an arcane item cant compete with a mythic of the 3d season. If when mythics and arcanes are released they just keep outdoing each other before the other is through its seasons, is it worth it to have the items last longer than one season? I think hooks should still be able to compete with the new mythics. They cant right now though because the mythics have to have stats good enough to last 2 seasons. Which leads me back to my suggestion in the original post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    upgrading and crafting is coming soon and since myth and arcane have more crafting slots there is your answer
    1 more slot will only provide a small bonus to a certain stat. That will only help a little. And if your comparing mythic vs arcane, once both have maxed gems, your in the same place you started.
    Last edited by Sleepdeprived; 11-12-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepdeprived View Post
    1 more slot will only provide a small bonus to a certain stat. That will only help a little. And if your comparing mythic vs arcane, once both have maxed gems, your in the same place you started.
    This thread is comparing arcanes and mythics to legendarys i thought and since myth and arcane will have 1 more slot than legendarys it will keep them above the pinks which is what everyone has always complained about.....a good solution from sts to lessen complaint threads every time they release new gear i think
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    This thread is comparing arcanes and mythics to legendarys i thought and since myth and arcane will have 1 more slot than legendarys it will keep them above the pinks which is what everyone has always complained about.....a good solution from sts to lessen complaint threads every time they release new gear i think
    The thread is about how arcane and mythic items hold their competitive value in general. Crafting and upgrading will help some, but it certainly wont make arcane hooks anymore competitive to the new mythic daggers. Actually, the upgrading will only make the mythic daggers even more better than hooks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

That's because myth daggers are competetive against level 41 pinks. And hooks are only competetive with level 36 pinks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post: