Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an ALcoholic... (Warrior Tanking Thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

mostly tank weapons are only low damage even the vigilant. so if im tanking , i dont mind the damage that i do , the party survival is is all that matters. Taunt + Buffs + Canceling Attacks (CS) = PERFECT TANK LMAO xD
    Last edited by tobirama_senju82; 11-25-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

few days ago I look what amount of damage I do: 120-140-120-cast vengefull blood-180-190-350 crit (CS). I ask my girlfriend (rogue) on her autoattack only: 700-700-1300 crit. So as Incredible say, no difference when you are in party I don't use VB and +% dmg skills anymore
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 11-26-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    few days ago I look what amount of damage I do: 120-140-120-cast vengefull blood-180-190-350 crit (CS). I ask my girlfriend (rogue) on her autoattack only: 700-700-1300 crit. So as Incredible say, no difference when you are in party I don't use VB and +% dmg skills anymore
    Hence why I said low damage be edits your build. I have very high damage for a warrior and often find my dps or damage is highest in the party when I PUG. My auto attack is 670+ a blow non crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Just keep in mind that - player asking here for help might not have same gear and pets as you guys have.
    everyone have different playstyle and skill cap.
    may be build here you guys posted that suits you not others - I suggest try different build and make own build which suits your playstyle with your skill cap.
    some warriors go for full survival, few try to do little bit more damage and others try to mix every thing up lol - its all just personal preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    meh ive used it but having 1900 armor is enough to survive... its a waste of points for me to use,

u can use it, no problem its effective to a lot ppl if they dont have high enough armor
    Its not about your survival - with 1800+ armor and mythics u can survive withour HoR in nordor too with only pots. Its about extra taunt from juggernut and cs which helps your team to use less hp pots and focus more on dps. Whole run goes smoother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    Its not about your survival - with 1800+ armor and mythics u can survive withour HoR in nordor too with only pots. Its about extra taunt from juggernut and cs which helps your team to use less hp pots and focus more on dps. Whole run goes smoother.
    We don't need the extra taunt. I can maintain the attention of 90% of all mobs only using HoR and WM. My jugg doesn't have taunt upgraded. The only time I lose aggro is when I'm stun locked. Watt to help me avoid stun lock is having mages drop clocks where I am, and use fireball and ice as much as possible.

Bombs also help since they buff dodge.

I hate when rogues and mages assume that warriors keep them alive, and warriors keep ourselves alive. We all need to work together. On easier maps (Nordor and any shuyal map without wolves) it doesn't matter much, but on ivergrow you need to be a well oiled machine (assuming you do hint pulls [which I love doing]).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post

I hate when rogues and mages assume that warriors keep them alive, and warriors keep ourselves alive. We all need to work together. On easier maps (Nordor and any shuyal map without wolves) it doesn't matter much, but on ivergrow you need to be a well oiled machine (assuming you do hint pulls [which I love doing]).
    Agree with this... teamwork is essential
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

And what is the purpose of tank? Keep others alive ;-)
    Teamwork like you describe is possible with people who go with you regularly, but when I go with new 35 lvl, you canīt rely on some stun lock. This threats are for new players. You can say that you have to cooperate or you can make your talents for holding 100% aggro. When there are 10 mobs around you and you get stun, I dont believe that others note that.
    For jugg: a will be really angry if I use skill, which have 45s CD and I spend it in stun and loss aggro...20% reduction dmg help you survive all creatures attacking you, not let them flee away.
    (this was for new players who dont go to the elite with experienced and best players)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    lol wtf? im talking about 5/5 durable passives idk what youre saying here.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Hence why I said low damage be edits your build. I have very high damage for a warrior and often find my dps or damage is highest in the party when I PUG. My auto attack is 670+ a blow non crit.
    theres really not much difference in builds you can make in warriors at game
    okay .. what ur 5/5 damage 5/5 crit? max str points.. /max str passives max agil.. thats as max damage as u can get
    you may get that extra 500+ damage with venge but as the overall outcome the difference are little

it really comes down to warriors preferral not so much which is better than the other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

do you mean realy that? Chest splitter has taunt
    yeah it doesnt taunt.. its anti crit - and disrupts attacks / disorient enemies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

theres really not much difference in builds you can make in warriors at game
    okay .. what ur 5/5 damage 5/5 crit? max str points.. /max str passives max agil.. thats as max damage as u can get
    you may get that extra 500+ damage with venge but as the overall outcome the difference are little

it really comes down to warriors preferral not so much which is better than the other
    I'm 5/5 damage, armor, and str. The rest of my points are skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

lol wtf? im talking about 5/5 durable passives idk what youre saying here.
    Wrong person quoted in rush lol - my bad.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Interesting thread but i myself went the offensive tank route. people die a lot if they stay in red zones and dont move. i don't but spam heal and pots when i get below 50% HP in a boss fight or mb fights but always charge the heal skill

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

yeah it doesnt taunt.. its anti crit - and disrupts attacks / disorient enemies
    essential skill has taunt, you dont need upgrade for taunt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Interesting thread but i myself went the offensive tank route. people die a lot if they stay in red zones and dont move. i don't but spam heal and pots when i get below 50% HP in a boss fight or mb fights but always charge the heal skill
    Boss fights are easier than kbs (IMO). Our conversation was more towards elite shuyal where stun lock, armor debuffs, etc are commonplace.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Now I see it. Honestly, that's poor description placement. STS put it where the "artsy-fartsy" description is. The SS description is something along the line of "A thundering hammer slams into your opponent." The physical skill description (in the shaded box) should include that the skill taunts.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Boss fights are easier than kbs (IMO). Our conversation was more towards elite shuyal where stun lock, armor debuffs, etc are commonplace.
    Oh okay. Yeah i don't do elite

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Now I see it. Honestly, that's poor description placement. STS put it where the "artsy-fartsy" description is. The SS description is something along the line of "A thundering hammer slams into your opponent." The physical skill description (in the shaded box) should include that the skill taunts.

Ah see were learning somethin new, deff poor description I didn't see that thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Other than Jug, hor, cs.. and gear like Architect... from where we get taunt effect?
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]